main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL City of Chicago Costume Parade 2003

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nostradamus, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    City of Chicago Costume Parade 2003

I wanted to give all of the Midwest area groups a heads-up on this exciting event:

Saturday, October 18th 2003.

The parade, (along with a Chicago Force after-party) will be announced in the next issue of Bantha Tracks, but I wanted to give everyone time to make plans to attend in costume if possible :)

Please post in the MWG thread if you can attend, so we can start to get an approximate head-count:

This is the children's costume parade that starts at noon at State & Lake and goes down State to Madison over to Dearborn and then to Daily Plaza (Picasso sculpture) (~10 blocks)

Quincy and I marched in 2001 and it was a blast!

Last year, a group of us, Quincy & I, Sithcamaro, TK669, JawaRob (TK9908), TK737, Darth R2D2, jedilore, and TK-Jim P did this parade. It was also a blast! It was Rob J's and Jim P's first time out in armor!

I am going this year---no matter what---in my armor for sure this time.

We can do something amazing and march as a large group and put on a show for the 10,000+ live spectators and the whole MetroChicago area, via all the local news.
    All of the TV news crews are usually on hand for this.

If this sounds interesting, post on that thread.
    This event happens in 3 months, so there will be plenty of time for everyone to make arrangements to attend.

Halloween Happening
    October 18
    12pm
    State Street

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    takes the sharpie...

marks the calendar...

sounds like a whole bunch of fun....

3. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    We're throwing a party after the parade?
    Why isn't that listed on the schedule?

4. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Amber-Eyes----those details aren't worked out yet. ;)

5. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Schedule Updated (along with other stuff).

6. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Thanks Bosh for the update.
    (I figured you needed a nudge)

7. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I think the Three Good Fairies will be making an appearance at the parade. :cool:

~H~

8. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I have posted the information at our "Jedi Assembly" boards too.....just in case some of the Midwest Jedi want to blow into town....

9. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    im there but i have no idea what do to for a costume. i think i have worn a flight jumpsuit with a army belt with a plastic lightsaber hilt attached. Can anyone give me ideas and better yet if they can help that would be great to.

To bad im way to short to be a stormtrooper

10. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    hey i registered on their site but it is having problems letting me on to post this so if someone can and read the note to so you can help me to your my only hope.

Someone please post this on the midwest garrison post please.

Hey im from chicago force i did type up this big post but i had trouble logging in so if anyone can help for a costume idea for a 5,4 and no budget and no job at the moment.

Help me your my only hope.

oh for the mouse droid take a remote controlled car and put a cardboard box over it and spray paint it black it has worked for me in the past.

I don't want to wear cardboard boxes for shoes and clothes and go as a power droid that is unacceptable.

11. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Hey come on i need help with an idea for a costume and help with it.

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I have a spare Jedi tunic, tabbards & sash....what is your height and weight?

13. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I plan on wearing my sith robes,and a hockey mask,and going as Darth Voorhees

BTW will we have accses to a dvd player,I got a great collection of scary movies :D

14. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    my hight is 5,4 and 177lbs

15. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Well....Hawk-Bat.....the Jedi stuff will probably fit...

I even have a spare robe....

16. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Looks like you might be set Hawk-Bat. I was thinking of some easy, cheap, throw together costumes, just took a little while to come up with some ideas. Since I took the time, might as well throw them out, right? But be warned, some are a little...weird. :D

Rancor Keeper - Not recommended for outdoor use, headdress, no shirt

RotJ Luke - All black, brown cloak nice but not necessary. Black glove on right hand. Green Lightsaber.

Variation RotJ Luke, same as above, except yellow makeup, hey, you're a Lego mini-fig!

AT-AT - Cardboard, painted white/gray, gray sweats. put circles at the knee joints. Might even work better as an AT-ST. Then if you had a Chewie or Ewok mask, you're the one poking the head out of the top, you know, movie moment. (I like this idea myself, since I have a Don Post Wicket mask)

Spoiler Free till Episode III - Sandwich board with this on it, Walk around blindfolded but use that material that they use for those opaque masks, so you can actually see ;) Maybe paste a cover of the Insider, and the blurb with Photos from the Set! has the red circle slash across it.

SW Insider - Similar to above, drawing skill required, reproduce a front cover on sandwich board

17. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    thanks so how do i get this so i can try it on and all. and thanks for the help so much.

oh and my weight is 117lbs not 177lbs sorry for the type-o

18. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    ok so when and where are we meeting since i will have my haircut the same day in the morning at marshal feilds.

so let me know since i guess i will stay downtown untill the parade and can i get a ride from someone to the party

19. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    The RPG is scheduled for the same day. i would say postpone it or just pick up next time so you don't have to rearange people schedules.

20. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    The RPG is scheduled for Oct 11th. Not the 18th. Where did you see that since the schedule says 11th?

21. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    sorry my mistake just a little freaked out since im typing from school. Ahhh Run Away

22. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Good question Hawk-bat...what area of town are you from?....and how will you be getting downtown?

will have to check where we are meeting ....and see if there is anyplace with a public bathroom for you to change in....

23. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    I'm from skokie and my mom will be driving me to the parade since we will be at marshal feilds getting are hair cuts in the salon on the 5th floor. so even when we are there at like 9 or 10 we most likly will my mom won't be done till noon. but she said we can stay and wait as long as need. I have an idea do you want to bring it to paintball if your going or errant venture so i can at least try it on? and do you know where the party will be and how is everyone getting their can i maybe hitch a ride with someone.

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    As much as I would LOVE to go to paintball...I am otherwise previously "spoken for" that day and will be unable to make it to Blast Camp...

I also am not a member of the RPG...it is something I would like to attempt in the future...but my life is WAY too busy....

So....what is plan B?

And a request to Kathy VanB.....

could you also post updates here in addition to the Midwest Garrison...I am not a member of their board...and sometimes find it hard to get to the boards here, at The Rebel Legion AND the Jedi Assembly....one more board and I think my computer-a-saurus will blow a circuit....I am REALLY looking forward to the Costume Parade.....

25. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    I had trouble getting on to the midwest garrison post and. for the costume to you want to have someone bring it to paintball or book club. i mean you don't have to be there.

And can i get a ride from some to party from the parade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.