main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

City Of Heroes

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by CloudClimber, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudClimber

CloudClimber Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 1999
    Anyone planning on getting in on this MMO when it is released in April?

2. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    What is it? I've never heard of it.

3. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    gamespy(www.gamespy.com) has a preview running this week of the beta. it sounds very cool and like lots of fun.

for those that dont know and are too lazy to google it, the premise is the cities super heroes are MIA. its up to you, as an up and coming crime fighter, to save the day. it takes place in a city that is 16 square miles long. thats a LOT of area to play in.

it sounds from the preview like they have taken a lot of what makes MMORPG un-fun and made some improvements to lessen this. plus how cool would it be to be a superhero fighting for justice!

one of the chief problems i have had with MMO games is that once your friends pass you up, you rarely party or play together. why would a lvl 40 character party up with a lvl 10 character? there's no point. in CoH there is concept of sidekicks. if you are a lower level char and get hooked up with a higher level character your stats boost, and you can have fun with higher level friends.

it sounds like its a fun game. i'm interested to see how it is at launch. if its good enough i might ditch FFXI in favor of this.

4. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Sounds cool. Always fun to be a superhero. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.