main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

City Of Vice

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    This isn't quite exactly Star Wars TV, but...

As wonderful as Ian McDiarmid is as Palpatine, since he's primarily a stage actor, it's a bit hard, if you don't live in the West End, to watch him in anything other than Star Wars. That's a real shame, because he's a very talented actor, and a great pleasure to watch.

Which is why I was very happy to stumble across a TV series he starred in from a few years back called City Of Vice. It costars McDiarmid and Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont from Game of Thrones) in a bit of historical fiction set in the 18th century, wherein McDiarmid plays Henry Fielding, the pioneering early novelist and criminal court judge who founded the Bow Street runners, the first modern police department in London. It's a short series, but a very good one, though the sensitive should keep in mind that it is very explicit and definitely not for kids.

I wonder if anyone else has seen it, and of so, what they thought. And if you haven't, it's on Netflix, so have a look - highly recommended!

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Cool tip - thanks for sharing.

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Thank you! I will look it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.