main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA City Rep and Name Selection

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Since becoming official is only one meeting away, strawbary advised me to go ahead and have a city rep and a name for our chapter selected. Okay, guys...this is the fun part...so get creative and list your choices! :)

2. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Well..as you said, going with stupid forum rules, the rep has to be 18...so, it can only be Han...and I vote for Corporate Sector for the FF name...Reading and this area in general was very corporate, so it fits ;)

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Was very corporate? Yea, that's about right...a lot of businesses moved out of the area. We still have a fair share though to make the name fit. ;)

So, we have:

Names:
    The Corporate Sector

CR's:
    HanSolo29

4. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    i agree with han being the rep but i think another name would be better. How about the Reading Ryn, the ryn have always been a fascinating species, they have a galaxy wide intelligence ring and they are also a very mysterious, resourceful, and adventurous species. Sounds like it would fit

5. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...that's a pretty good idea. I never thought of it like that before. I'll be sure to add that to the list. ;)

Names:
    The Corporate Sector
    The Reading Ryn

6. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...nice idea, Bryan :) I still prefer Corporate Sector, though :(

7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Alright, first of all...thanks to everyone who could make the meeting last night! It went very smoothly :D We had some good discussions over that good taco dinner and the movie was good and really funny. ;)

Anyway, here are the names that were thrown around at the meeting:

-The Weird and Wacky World of Wedge (don't ask, we all got laughing over this one and everyone in the area were staring)

-Reading Red Squadron (I personally like this one and since Wesmin came up with it I'll post his reasoning behind it: some fan forces have names that say that they are big or powerful or based somewhere, but we're kinda small and fast and stuff

So, what do you guys think? We only need a name before we are truely official! :)

8. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Yes, I agree...I like Wesmin's new one...it's cool :)

We still need some stuff to decide...I'm already working on the website...I'm just waiting for someone to make a banner *looks at Han* ;) What provider should I make the actual site on?

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay...here are the names that will go in the pot:

The Corporate Sector
    The Reading Ryn
    Reading Red Squadron
    The Wacky, Weird World of Wedge :p

As for the website...I would go with geocities or angelfire. And I am working on a banner and icon. They will be the next thing we'll vote on.

10. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...ok...I'll make sure to send the site to you before uploading it (I'm only gonna use HTML right now, then I'll use CSS when I have it all sorted out...it's...hard)

11. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    i'd recomend using geocities for the site. Site-building there requires almost no html

12. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    No HTML? What's the fun in that? ;)

Yeah, but HTML alone is plain...CSS, once I know it completly (give me a week), makes it look awesome ;)

13. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I also vote for Han being the city rep, since she's put the most time into the Fan Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.