main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN City Rep Election- IMPORTANT!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I just received a PM from Chris. He has a lot on his plate right now that leaves him no time for his position here in the SMT. He informed me that we need to elect a new City Rep.

Since we have the big Con coming up soon, we need to act quickly. I think if we don't have at least a majority of our members show up at Rhonda's trivial pursuit night, we should elect our new leader here on the board. I also think we may also need to elect a Vice-CR, so we won't have one person swamped with a ton of work.

If anyone is interested in either the position of City Rep, or Vice-CR, please voice your desire. Also, this may be the time to move for a little more organization within our group. Now, I'm not talking the extent of, say, Atlanta's FF, but something more than we have now.

I'd like to thank Chris for his contribution as the first official City Rep of the Suspicious Mind Trick. He got us up and going, and helped turned us into the party-group-conveniently-disguised-as-a-Fan-Force that we are today. Thank you Chris, your role will never be forgotten.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'll volunteer for either one - I'm on here alot. Either me or maybe you or Steve.

How do we get up to speed on the con?

Looking forward to tomorrow night.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Chris - In case you're lurking, I'm sorry that Darth Real Life is rough right now and I hope that things get better soon. Try not to be a stranger - it won't be the same without you.

Rhonda - I think QGT was doing some research about the Con last night but I'm not sure what he found out...I went to bed, LOL. See you tomorrow night!

4. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Chris, hope you can at least attend meetings!! Hope we'll be seeing you soon.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey gang! :)

I, too, received a PM from Chris. I am saddened to hear that real life has gotten in the way of his CR duties. He has done a wonderful job with your group, and I have enjoyed working with him. I hope he still finds the time to drop in and chat with us. :)

Now, here are a few things to remember when considering a new Chapter Rep:

• Only one person can be given the pretty blue colors and be considered the "official" voice of your group on the FF boards. However, if any Vice-president (or Vice-CR) is chosen, they can get a nifty title under their username. Just a little FYI.

• Chapter Reps must be 18 years of age or older.

• All those who are considered for the position should be sure that they will have a reasonable amount of time to which to dedicate themselves to the job. Believe me, you do not have to dedicate your whole life, but some time must be invested to do the job well.

• And the chosen CR must be able to work with a crazy RSA like me.
    • :p

I will say that having other officers in the Atlanta FF has been a huge help to me. I instituted the officer hierarchy when I realized that doing everything alone was going to drive me nuts. ;)

With smaller FF groups, it is sometimes enough to start out with just a Vice-President or Vice-CR. As your group grows, you can add more officer positions, if you wish.

As always, if any of you have any questions, please let me know.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll throw my hat in the ring as well, Rhonda.

Oh, and I was thinking that maybe it would be more fair to have our vote here online. That way, those who couldn't make it to the next meeting wouldn't be penalized and lose their right to vote. The winner becomes CR, or Prez, or Master Pez Dispensor, or whatever we want to call our leader, and the person with the next highest number is Vice-Whatever. Someone please second this idea so I won't feel like I'm becoming a dictator and just taking over!!!

7. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Sounds good to me, I second that and stuff.

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thank God, Dale. I was afraid people were going to start referring to me as Emperor QuiGonTimo or something.

9. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    They probably still will but since I'm all in favor of the Empire, I agreed.

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well then, I guess I have to speak in that gravelly, Palpatinic voice when I address everyone for now on.

Oh, and you, like your father, are now mine!

11. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    IrishThunder "...he knew my father..?"

Uncle Owen "That qui-gon's just a crazy old man. I want you to take those fan force boards down to anchorhead and have their posts erased."

12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    You guys are funny! [face_laugh] Let me know how you guys want to do it. I don't really care who we have, I don't mind doing it, I've got the time, but don't mind bowing to another as it sounds like it is a very big comittment. Maybe everyone pm's Mina their vote, or Chewbracca or something.

We should set some guide lines that coincide with Mina's like:

* Time needed to devote to group
    * Amount time minimum should spend on JCC (this forum and others)and communications
    * Meeting/gathering type stuff...

etc, etc, etc.

"I love democracy, I love the Republic..."

:)

And the chosen CR must be able to work with a crazy RSA like me.

Oh no! That's it, I couldn't do it, not work with Mina!!! LOL! Those Dark Lords and Ladies are just crazy I heard..... ;)

13. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    So who are the contestants for this shindig?

14. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    ok...I think the system is wrong...
    what we need is a group of people who sit down and decide what is the best for the people....and then..do it. so what happens if the people don't want to do it? you make them...

wait a min...never mind.

My vote is in...go for it Rhonda...

15. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey everyone I really hope we dont have a chad problem with our election like florida did!

Dale I think the only ones that have mentioned interest were Tim and Rhonda, but we should wait a bit to see if there is any more hat throwing! So I really think we should have a cut-off date for nominations and that should be by the 21st so we can have the Candidates campaign from the 22nd to the 29th and then we can have the voting process that will be from the 29th to the 31st.

I have done this election stuff before so it come naturally...sorry! If that sound good to everyone I hope!

In the mean time I think the next meeting should be the restaurant idea so if Rhonda could make us reservations for Jan. 31st a Friday or Feb. 1st which is a Saturday and the Winning CR and Vice-CR can claim there elected seats and give the speeches and all that good stuff!

So how does that sound to the masses?

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Wow, who knew Sal had a knack for electoral politics? This group just keeps getting better and better.

It sounds good to me, Sal. I second your motion.

J: At least you're acting like Anakin right now instead of Obi-Wan!! :p

hehehehehehe

17. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Sounds good to me. I guess that means I shouldn't miss the next meeting. :)

18. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    The nomination deadline is the 21st so please post here on this thread if there are any more candidates. Next I think we should decide on the rules for campaigning, which begins on the 22nd! NO EARLY CAMPAIGNING PLEASE!!!

1. The Candidates can only acquire votes from members that have posted in THIS FORUM and have been registered members before 1/18/03.

2. The Candidates have to (PM) Private Message each person individually that they wish to seize a vote from! (This is also a way of showing how dedicated the candidates are and the time they have to perform the job.)

3. NO MUD SLINGING! Your PM's should include your points and reasons for your campaign but are not limited to this format. This isn?t a popularity contest so please consider the candidate?s stance and then vote!

4. FanForce members can PM the candidates with there questions on the campaign points and ask any questions in regards to the leadership roll that the candidate will provide.

5. Votes will be counted and tallied as they come in and incase there is any question as to the outcome a re-count can be ordered by any member of the FanForce. Each candidate will then elect a member of his or her choosing and the votes will be re-tallied with both parties? members present.

*. The votes will be counted and incase of a tie there will be a dual to the death! Or a coin toss if that sounds better

The voting will begin on the 29th and end at 4:00 pm on the 31st.

If it is alright with the candidates I will be doing the vote count so that we can organize this among ourselves and not have to bare extra work on anyone else!

On the 28th I will give out the NEW Memphis FanForce email address and all votes will be e-mailed there!!!

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You go, Sal. I guess you get the title of Memphis FanForce Election Commissioner. We could either do the email thing, or we could use the poll function that we have available to us here on the boards. The only down-side to the poll function is that, even though it will not allow you to vote twice, it won't stop someone from casting a vote as a sock.

I hear they have the same problem in the Shelby County Election Commission, too. No wonder Ricky Peete got back into office.

20. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    I'm old and stupid...I demand a recount....wait....what's that.....we haven't voted yet.....but I can't read...I demand a voice activated voting system with automatic recounts 3 times a day!

21. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    :0 I came back in the nic of time. RL sucks man. So are we voting for Rep/Vice Rep or will the one with most votes get rep and the second most get vice rep?

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I think that would work well.

23. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Today is the cut-off deadline for nominations
    so far we have two candidates! Tim Brown a.k.a. Qui-Gon Tim and Rhonda Platania a.k.a. rhonderoo. Please post here if there are anymore canidates.

24. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I nominate Senator Palpatine! He's such a nice guy, he'd be perfect :0)

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Wait a sec.... I just received an email from Prince Mongo. He says he's running against us, Rhonda. At least we don't wear loin-cloths when addressing our public duties.

We don ours when were done with our public duties!!

Palpatine will be our Prince Mongo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.