main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN City Rep Election- IMPORTANT!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    good lord, prince mongo....? Next thing you know Jerry the King Lawler will be knockin on the door....

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Too late!! He already has. I think it was a ploy to promote his new book It's Good To Be The King....Sometimes.

So has Jesse "The Mind" Ventura.

Nothing sadder than a candidate without a job.

3. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Well, today's the day...let's get this party started!

Good luck, candidates!

Here's to the future of SMT!!

4. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    We now have two candidates for our election!

Rhonda Platania a.k.a. rhonderoo

Tim Brown a.k.a. Qui-Gon Tim

Let the CAMPAIGNING Begin!

Both candidates are to PM the SMT members and encourage them to vote!

SMT members please dont hesitate and I encourage you to PM the candidates with any questions you may come up with and just incase you dont know how to check your (PM)private messages you can do so by clicking on the Private Messages tab located on the 2nd top navigation bar of these message boards.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Y'all have quite an impressive process going on here. :D

If your group needs an impartial party to collect votes, once voting begins, I will be happy to do so. :)

6. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I think you would be excellent for the job, Minacia!

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea Mina!

8. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Okieday! :D

Should we have folks send me their votes via private message or e-mail? Either works well for me. :)

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I think just PMing you is fine (with me anyway).

10. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Since we are no longer keeping the voting process local then I guess the recount option is out now. so I guess you guys can vote when ever you want now and I think all you have to do is pm Minacia_Brightstar with your choice.

Now since Minacia_Brightstar has to collect the votes there is a guideline for counting the votes! Each person that votes has to be a member of SMT and each vote will only be counted once it is confirmed that the person placing the vote is a member! Only one vote per person! Since we no longer need our own group e-mail address to take the votes then there is no need for it now.

Please make sure that the votes are from members of this forum only and must be part of SMT.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sounds like a winner of an idea to me- a partial judge, no butterfly ballots, no dimpled chads, and no emergency Supreme Court hearings.

Rhonda: This ought to prove interesting. I promise not to sling any mud, nor promote any negativity towards you, neither of word nor Dark Side energy. May the Force be with you.

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Those guidelines sound great, Darkness. :D

Since I know your group well, it will be easy for me to determine if those that are voting are from this group. It should go smoothly. :)

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Rhonda: This ought to prove interesting. I promise not to sling any mud, nor promote any negativity towards you, neither of word nor Dark Side energy. May the Force be with you.

Me neither Tim. Can I be appointed to your cabinet? I want Deputy of Mayhem. [face_laugh]

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Rhonda: And I want to be Secretary of Bad Saturday-Afternoon-B-Movies in your cabinet. That, or Secretary of Inbred Rednecks.

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey gang! :)

I have a quick question. Is the deadline for submitting the votes still Jan. 31st at 4:00PM, as specified earlier by TheDarknessX? I just want to make sure that I do not count votes that are submitted after the deadline.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I think we should stick to Sal's rules. He is the Election Commissioner after all.

Rhonda: Hey, do we get to have the traditional media coverage of us casting our votes that you see in every presidential election?

17. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Yes, beware of Election Commissioners named TheDarknessX.

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Why do you think I'm sticking to his rules!!

19. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Just a reminder:

For those who have not voted, you only have a few more days to send me you vote. :)

20. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    [newsman voice]As the voting deadline fast approaches, the tensions run high and tempers flare. This reporter stands shocked and amazed at the level of mud slinging seen thus far. Why Candidate Tim Brown was actually quoted as saying, "I think that would work well." Simply Appalling. And thats only the begining. Candidate Brown, who is running on they "At least we don't wear loin-cloths." platform has consistently been the antagonizer slinging mud on such reputable names (and past world champions) as Jesse "the mind" Ventura and Jerry "the king" lawler. He has even been reported at slinging mud at neighbours and passing children. Jesse Ventura has issued a statement, challenging Mr. Brown to a cage match. As of yet there has been no response.

Thus far candidate Rhonda has remained polite and fare spoken, however many have begun to grow suspicious of the ever present Anakin Cut-out. Some political analyist theorize that she may be intending to tap into its Dark Side energies to influence the vote remenecent of Darth Gore a few years ago. Others fear she may intend on using the horrid SWT or Skywalker Whining Technique. Suspicious Mind Trick members may remeber that this is not the first time Star Wars memorabilia has been used for its Dark powers. Chewbracca showed how effective this approach could be with his efficent use of "Redneck Vader".

This reporter has intervued several Memphis residence and the common word on the street is, and I quote, "What the heck you talking about man?" There you have it. Both candidates seem to be evenly match and its should be interesting to see how it plays out.[/newsman voice]

21. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
  22. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    [face_laugh]

[clinton voice]I never, let me say again, never had relations with Anakin...[/clinton voice]

But I wish I did!!! [face_laugh]

Dark side, smark side....... 8-}

Darth Vader says...

We would be honored if you would join us...

mwuhahahaha

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    [George H.W. Bush voice]Read my lips. No new Ewoks.[/George H.W. Bush voice]

Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said that politicians should fight it out with socks filled with manure?

And I accepted Ventura's challenge, but the wimp chickened out saying that it "no longer met with his political image to wrestle" or some crap like that. And I must reiterate that I never, NEVER, slung any mud at children in Memphis because I was in New Hampshire trying to muster support for my campaign. Of course, I realize now that it all was fruitless in my hopes of winning the Presidency of the SMT, because all of you are in this area. Never completely trust your political advisors. Remember that. But, now at least it seems that I have a shot of winning the 2004 New Hampshire Primary. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Rhonda: Why do I feel like ex-Democratic Presidential hopeful Jerry Brown right now?

24. sheja_mamid

sheja_mamid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey are we going to have a post election inaugural(sp) celebration? We need News Channel 5 to come out and do some live coverage of the historic event. I'm sure they could make time for us. We see them camped out in Dyersburg every time it rains. I know that you both would do a great job.....so either way we will have a great leader. :)

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    We should, although, with only two in the race, both of us wins!!! [face_laugh]

Either way President or Vice President!!

Any reason for celebration should not be overlooked tho...I'll pour a cheap bottle of champagne over Tim's head and he can pour a bottle on mine!

Okay well, maybe not........ I'd look a mess [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.