Memph, TN City Rep Election- IMPORTANT!!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Rhonda: Pour away!!! Or, we may want to save that champagne for when the job gets hectic, and we need a good drunk!! It is cool that we both really win, and that this race is just a formality. With an up-and-coming FanForce like ours, I'm sure this is going to be a two-person job!

So, what kind of champagne do you like? (No, no Dom Perignon. Can't afford it. Well, I can, but I'd have to just not eat for a few days. How about a nice vintage 1972 Ripple? Here, wanna smell the screw cap?)

Down to the last day of the election!!! Rhonda, do you think we should don our evening gowns now and stand with our heads down, hands clasped, and gritted teeth while we wait for that first-runner-up announcement? You know, the one who becomes Prez should the winner no longer be able to fulfill their duties as President of the Memphis FanForce.

Blast it!!! There I go confusing electoral politics and The Miss America Pageant again!!

Well, at least we don't have to worry about an Electoral College.
  2. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Or chads......... ;)

Question: Do I vote??? I alwasys thought those guys "voting" for themselves seemed pretty pathetic.......... [face_laugh], but I don't want to hold up the whels of government....
  3. IrishThunder Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I figure everyone should get a vote. What you vote for is your decision.
  4. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Heck, the US Presidents vote in their own elections. And I know that all the officers of the Hothlanta Rebels vote in our elections, so I say GO FOR IT! :)

5. Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan

star 4
    And I know that all the officers of the Hothlanta Rebels vote in our elections...

Yes, but do they stuff the ballot...I'm not accusing anyone in particular...just asking. ;)
  6. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    [face_laugh]

Well, I and our Treasurer ran the elections this year, and since neither one of us had anyone running against us, you know that we weren't guilty of any voting misconduct. I can't speak for the other officers, however. :p
  7. TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling

star 3
    We are only about half an hour away from the announcement of our NEW city rep!
  8. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Well, the time has come to announce your new Chapter Rep!

But first, I would like to say that this has gone very smoothly, and I am glad to say that all the active members of the Memphis FanForce participated. Good job! :)

Now without further ado... Your new Chapter Rep is...

*drum roll*

Qui-Gon Tim!

Congratulations, Tim! And a congrats to Rhonderoo on her new status as Vice-President (or Vice CR, whichever you prefer).

Tim, I'll be sending you the information you need to get started as a CR soon. Rhonderoo, let me know if you prefer to be called Vice-President or Vice-CR and I'll give you a nifty title under your username.

I look forward to working with both of you! :)
  9. TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Mandy thank you for taking care of the vote counting process for us! You have been great to this little group of geeks!
  10. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Congratulations, hon!! [face_love]

Now I'll never get to use the computer, LOL!
  11. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    You are all very welcome! I am glad that I could help out. :)
  12. Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Congrats both of you. I new all along that it would be you two :)
  13. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Great Balls of Fire!! I can't believed that I actually won, especially after the "If you had any sense you'd vote for Rhonda" platform that I worked so hard to promote!

It is an honor to serve as President of the Memphis FanForce, and I would like to thank each and every one of you for bestowing that honor upon me. I look forward to the year ahead, and I know that, together, we will see the Suspicious Mind Trick grow and prosper. Although, one could truly say that our prosperity is already abundant in its guise as our bonds of friendship.

I would also like to thank Rhonda, our new Vice President, for a good race. I know that together we can strive to provide not only more of the brand of fun we've come to enjoy over the SMT's short life, but also to promote a new sense of community that stretches out beyond the pages of the internet.

Another thanks I owe is to Mandy for not only tallying our votes, but for her encouraging presence here on the Memphis FanForce boards.

So, let us lift our glasses to the future. May The Force Be With Us!!

Thank ya. Thank ya very much.

And now, for my first motion as President, I am dissolving the Senate.

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Thank You!

-Tim
  14. IrishThunder Jedi Youngling

star 3
    congrats to you mister tim sir.

we have leadership...we have structure...we are....huh?
  15. Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Congrats, Tim!! And congrats to you, as well, Rhonda!! Boy, we're in good hands!

Thanks, Mandy, for all your help.

Order has been restored...there is peace in the galaxy.
  16. sheja_mamid Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Congratulations to you both!!!! You have your work cut out for you in keeping all of us in order...hehe. I look forward to what the future holds for our group under your fearless leadership. So.....hats off to you both.
    TRACI..me thinks you should invest in a second computer :)
  17. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Congratulations Tim (or should we call you Dubya?)! I look forward to lolling around and basking in your hard earned glory! [face_laugh] We will be expecting our drinks you promised at Jillian's now, Thank you very much.

Anakin! Anakin, what's that? No! Stop it! You don't have to force choke him, bad Anakin. Down.

Rhonderoo, let me know if you prefer to be called Vice-President or Vice-CR and I'll give you a nifty title under your username

Mina, you can put Vice CR in the nifty title, Vice President sounds like WAY too much work! :D

I am honored to joing the long line of Dark Lords with a title. Maybe soon I'll get the Master title there too!
  18. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Rhonda: I'll try not to act like Dubya. And if I do, at least I have you to be my Condoleeza Rice and keep me straight. Oh, and I'm wearing my special Yoda underoos that keep Sith Lords from Force-choking me. Gotta take all the precautions I can. Hey, it worked for Gerald Ford!!!
  19. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Oh, and I'm wearing my special Yoda underoos that keep Sith Lords from Force-choking me. Gotta take all the precautions I can. Hey, it worked for Gerald Ford!!!

Ha! I would say Anakin eats those for breakfast, but Vader doesn't eat breakfast (and that's just gross 8-}), he stepped on Yoda and couldn't get him off the bottom of his boot for days!!! [face_laugh]
  20. Chewbracca Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Mucho congrats to both of yous. :p
  21. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I am honored to be able to help your group out in any way I can. I look forward to continuing working with all of you. :)

Rhonderoo, I'll be sure to give you that nifty title soon. I'll try to get it done for you by tomorrow evening.
  22. Lonewolf89 Jedi Master

star 5
    Congratulations, Tim, and you too, Rhonda. Now play nice!
  23. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Play nice? Play nice?

Let's forgo nice, Rhonda.....

Let's play weird.
  24. IrishThunder Jedi Youngling

star 3
    while yall play weird, i'm gonna play Playstation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.