main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

City Rep Nomination and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Obey Wann, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Congratulations, Salt Lake City!!! You are now official!!! You have made it through the crucial first three meetings. Now you have one final task, before you are done. You must choose your City Rep.

Choose wisely, as this person is critical in moving from infancy to growth and stability as a Fan Force.

Here's what the FF FAQ's say about CR's:

[bloakquote]
    Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general......

....How can I get involved?
    As a member of Fanforce and your group, their a few ways you can get more involved. The first opportunity is the City Representative position, or CR. CR's have essentially replaced what are known as moderators. A moderator is responsible for maintaining their online forum. However, a CR transcends this role because they are also responsible for representing their chapter and its interests.

A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. A CR is elected by the members of a chapter. However, if a group has not yet become a recognized chapter, they may still elect someone to represent them and their interests until said group becomes official.[/blockquote]

So, make sure that whoever you choose is a good leader, both on and off the boards. He or she should be able to represent you in an official capacity if needed.

Also, if you choose, other FF's have also chosen to elect "Officers" in addition to their CR. These can be Historian, President (Usually the CR, but not always), Vice President, treasurer, and any other position as needed. But the CR gets the blue colors. ;)

So choose wisely. I have a feeling that I know who this will be, but I'd like to hear you all discuss this a bit.

Congrats, and well done!!!!!

OW

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I say we nominate Allen, he started some of this and has kept it going. And he's also been in contact with the mods about everything.

3. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    should this be done at a meeting - or as a poll thing here?

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    doesn't matter, Povo chose Navaren through the boards.

5. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I second the nomination for Allen.

6. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    i vote allen. he is the one who got us this far.

7. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Anyone else?

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I could bring in some of my socks if you want more votes.

9. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    ummm...socks? (confused and a lil nervous)

10. Lady Kenobi

Lady Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 10, 1999
    I know I still haven't been able to even meet anyone yet, but it seems allen has the has a good handle on getting the leader stuff done:) I'm excited that it's official!
    Cheers

11. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Must I teach you people everything there is to know about these boards? A sock is a sockpuppet. You know a user with more than one name. Usually used to cause flamming and spamming among the threads around the areas.

12. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Anyone opposed? If not, we'll get this underway. :)

13. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Allen's got my vote, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.