main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary City Rep Nominations

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BigBroadcastah, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I, an active member of the Charm City Fanforce, nominate the one and only Mogook for the position of City Rep. If you agree, please reply if you dont, then screw you...just kidding, tell me who you think would do a better job. Thank you.

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I have no problems with Mogook being City Rep. But if this body cannot fulfil his duties appointed over him, then I move for a vote of no confidence in Mogook's leadership.

Hehe just kiddin. I'm sure he'll do just fine.

Vote Now!!
    Vote Now!!
    Vote Now!!

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks Broadcastah and DRK_HLMT. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. If no one else is interested, I have no problem in being City Rep.

4. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I meant to vote for Mogook but the butterfly ballot confused me and I ended up voting for Isbeth by accident. The dimpled chad not withstanding....

However I DID intend to vote for Mogook, so the vote should go to him. If somebody has a problem with that, take it to the Jedi Council Supreme Court.

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    He will not let this Fan Force be split in two.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks Motterman.

Edit: Thanks Sapient. If it is split into two, we will have to vote the City Rep's emergency powers.

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Please let me knwo once your CR is picked, then I can make the official announcement.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Would ah sumone happen to nominate me? [wink wink]

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    The person picked to be your CR must be atleast 18. Minors can not be picked.

10. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    No offence to our other members but Im sure Im one of the more knowledgable fans.

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm sure you are cd10 but the age rule is not just for this group, it's one of the only real rules that FanForce has as a whole.

12. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    Can i ask why that rule was made Rox?

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Because if you are not 18, you cannot vote or take part in anything that involves a contract.

14. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    Why would you need to do anything involving a contract to be a city rep?

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Straight from Hama's mouth:

"It is necessary to have someone who's legally an adult to work with business owners, management (i.e., movie theater management for line-ups), etc., so that this person can be responsible for any obligations the management requires."

Plus there are things like maturity level and transportation to consider. Although most of the users here seem to me like they are mature enough, that's not only the case.

16. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    "...most of the users here seem to me like they are mature enough..."

[face_laugh]

Rox, you REALLY need to come to one of our meetings sometime. (bring an extra shirt to change into - just to be safe) ;)

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I said you guys seem mature enough, I didn't say that you don't know how to have fun.

18. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Anyone want to vote for a rogue smuggler and his Wookie, a.k.a me?

Just remember Woookie's are known to tear people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. My Wookie is no exception either.

19. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    Thanks for the detailed explanation rox, I understand now. But if that wasnt the rule i think Chissdude would do a good job as a city rep as well. If there is a vice-rep position, i say chissdude gets the job.

20. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
  21. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I agree BigBroadcastah. Chissdude10 is the most knowledgeable person I know of in the EU department. He should at least get some recognition. I say we nominate him as our Official EU guy and post it on our website. Maybe give him a space to put his stories and upcoming news on EU stuff.

Something just occurred to me. Maybe we should bring up at the next meeting some nominations for our council. I know we will have a Cty Rep for the boards as far as posting events that we have in our council meetings, but we should have offices and appoint people to head them. We should have nominations for President, Vice-Pres, Secretary (City Rep), Treasurer, Hospitality (Isbeth), OT Coordinator, PT Coordinator, EU Coordinator (Chissdude10?), Collecting Coordinator, Games Coordinator and any more we can think of. That way when we do have more members, they will be able to go to these people with their questions and such. Well it's just something to throw around and see what we can come up with. It would bring more structure to our meetings if we had each person doing a specific task, like we call on Chissdude10 to bring us any upcoming news on EU stuff, someone bringing us up to speed on the PTs and so on. Well I'm done ranting and raving. I just had my coffee and am pretty wired so if I'm not making any sense just let me know.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    A council is great idea alot of chapters have them. The city rep usually handles all board related stuff like making sure members follow the rules of the board and keeping contact with the rest of the FanForce staff. Did you guys decide on one yet? I want to announce you as an official chapter but I can't until the CR is chosen.

23. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    Nobody else has been nominated that hasnt been shot down due to rules besides Mogook. So if there arent any objections...

24. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah, let's just get Mogook in as City Rep so we can be official. It can always be changed later...

25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    You planning something Eva? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.