main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp CITY REPRESENTATIVE

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RikSMaximus, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey guys...just talked to STRAWBARY...She congradulated us on our 3rd meeting, but we're not "official" until we have a City Rep. So at this time, I'd like to nominate TK, since we've already voted him as the Supreme Chancellor Of The MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS. We're stopped in our tracks until we have a CR, so...VOTE HERE!!

Rik

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Since we voted TK as Chancellor of the Mandalorians, I'd say he is our city rep. :)

If TK needs help taking care of the board, I am on the site at least twice a day. So if you need some help, I'm here!

Go TK!!

3. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    I think TK at the very least needs to know what the City Rep entails. Also, if TK doesn't wish to do it, he should then nominate who he thiunks could do it.
    John, Rik, DJ and myself go on the site at least once a night. I know this because we tend to post more than anyone else. Andrew posts frequently as well.

I refuse to vote or nominate anyone until we hear from TK first.

-Cephas

4. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I was going to nominate TK but I agree with you Cephas we should here from TK first. I myself would like to hear what the city rep entails. I would be open to doing it because I am on the computer a lot.

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    The CR basically is your liaison to the rest of FanForce. There are some groups where the president of the group is also the CR, and then there are other groups (like ours) where there is a CR separate from the club leadership.

The CR acts as an advisor to club members, and also makes sure that meeting dates and other events are posted, enforce forum rules and codes of conduct, and can sometimes even act as a mediator. They interact with the other CR's for advice, comraderie, whatever. They are also the link between the chapter and the RSA or GSA.

With that said, good luck to whoever you choose! :)

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks for the clarification Meriwyn! :) It's good to know what goes with the job... I think most of didn't really know what went into the position.

Thanks!

7. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    No problem :) If you need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. I hope to make it up to one of your meetings soon, I've been up to the Cantina a few times now and it's a great place to hang out!

Plus, I got more artwork I need to show Rik...hehehe.

8. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm relatively confident that TK has a pretty good idea of the duties that come along with the City Rep title. If you recall correctly, when we were first forming up (our first attempt at becoming "official FF"), TK had much information about the inner workings and rules about FF, stemming from his experiences in another FF group...But you're right...he should be made aware of the fact his name is being thrown around for the job...You getting huffy and puffy, Cephas?

Don't make me destroy you...

9. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    After hearing what Meriwyn said I think TK is the right person for the job. There's a lot of responsibility with being the CR. I've never been the leader I've always been the follower.

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    You could start a poll to vote with and voice your opinions on once all of the nominees have been informed. I've seen that approach taken by many different FF chapters. It's probably come up already but I just figured I'd pass it along ;).

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Definately, TK is the man. But I agree, we shouldn't force anything on him without his input of course :)

12. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I know this has nothing to do with the city representative but we may have a new recruit. :D There's somebody that Jason works with at the Derry Walmart and he told him that if he was interested that we meet every month on the first Sunday of the month.

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Cool! The more the merrier! :D

14. Wenji_Mamanc

Wenji_Mamanc Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2003
    Well I think TK is a great choice and I only hope he has time in his busy schedule to do it, as you can tell I dont get to post on here to much as real life has been eating away at most of my time.
    BTW I start school in Jan. for my MCP - .NET certification and this will be another thing to eat into any "free" time I have, I'm just glad there are no Sunday classes scheduled..

Jim

15. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    In order to become official you guys will need to elect a CR. I would love to make you guys official this week ;) *hint hint*
    So has everyone voted? Lets get this moving :)

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Not to speak for anyone, but I think we'll be making that decision at the monthly meet coming up this Sunday. That'll give us the chance to sit down and make a solid decision with everyone present :)

17. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    excellent! good luck! :)

18. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Well, Well... Can you feel the love?! That is from everyone but Cephas... :)LOL!! Thanks, Pete!
    Well first off I like to say I hope EVERYONE had a great holiday and is having a wonderful new year!! I can't wait to see everyone this Sunday. I've actualy missed you guy's. (Thats SO SAD :( ...)

I'd like to take a moment to say I'm very sorry for missing the last couple of get togethers. But working retail over X-mas does that to you. So I'm sorry I've not been around. But I can promise you this, I'm back and you guy's should start seeing a lot more of me on here on. So let see.........

Oh Ya, Thanks for the nood from everyone for the CR job. I think we can all talk about it at this weeks meeting and see what we'd like to do as a group so that everyone is happy. Cephas ...LOL!
    Ok I have a lot of reading to do now all over this broad so I can catch up on everything that's been going on since I last checked in. So then off I go..........

19. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Glad to see that you're back TK! I was starting to think that I was going to have to jump on a tauntaun and ride the wastelands to find you! Ha!

See you Sunday!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.