main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA City Walk Invasion was a Blast! -- Our 1st Major Event Was A Success

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    I couldn't find it! Drat. :~( Anyway, the energy was amazing, anyway. And I actually did the whole drive all by myself! That's something, in and of itself.

This is what I was wearing, in case anybody saw me and didn't know it was....me.

:~)
    GB

And Universal City walk was overwhelming, but very cool.

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    The pics will be up soon. Very soon. He is working on them now, and has just sent some to Steve Sansweet and Paul Ens. We should be able to see all of them shortly. :D

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok folks. I've put the pictures up here.

They're a little big, 800x600, so if anyone wants me to shrink them down, I can. I also didn't take the time to photoshop in any lightsaber blades. I just wanted to get them up as soon as possible. I will work on doing some lightsaber blades later in the week. I'll keep everyone posted as to when they are finished.

If any of the pictures don't show up, please let me know. They should all be there, but some of them may not have uploaded correctly.

Enjoy!

4. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Just looked at the first pix -- very cool, guys and gals!!! :cool:
    The car in background (with "obishwn" plates) is cool too. :D

5. Obi-Shawn_C

Obi-Shawn_C Jedi Master

Nov 4, 2002
    It was great meeting so many of you- I had a great time, and was glad we could use the H-Wing as a base of operations... or the trunk, at least!

I put up a quick page of pics if y'all are interested. Find it here...

Obi-Shawn's IMAX pix

Some aren't bad, and it includes a big group photo.

At any rate- thanks again... hope to see you at future events!

6. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I need to give a shout out to Jedi_Janie for taking the pics. They all look great. Thanks also to Zhi-Don for having some spare Jedi pouches and food capsules. And thanks to everyone for showing up and having a great time.

7. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Thanks Obi-Shawn for all you help at the event. The H-wing was a hit! It was great to meet you after hearing about the H-wing prior to the event. It was great to meet the man behind the car. Also your lightsaber was great. I liked the switch you had that allowed you to choose blade color. I will have to remember that for future use.

Edit: Just saw that Pictures from our event were linked up on the main page of theforce.net now that rocks!

8. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    of course its there. I posted it :)

I also got a great letter from Steve Sansweet. He said he's been hearing great things about the Universal event.

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Thats fantastic. I hope we make starwars.com I think if that happens you could say that OCFF has finally arrived. Thanks again Jeff for all your hard work and asking us to help out with the event. We all had a blast working with everyone from the 501st and would love to work future events with you as well.

10. malelesbo

malelesbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    I just saw the pictures of the event. Sweet! I think I'll put one of these as my desktop. What a great time! I was really impressed by the turnout, and how many costumes were there. Looking forward to the next event.

11. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    If anyone wants any of the images in a larger format, please let me know. I still have them in there original 1280x1024 as well as the 800x600 on the website.

12. daosiletar5

daosiletar5 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002
    i would love any at 1280x1024 if you can send them to me on aim . I will be on there all day long so just im me my name on aim is DaosiLetar5 or just email them to me at simon@52878.org also did u see the one's i took ?

13. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    Hello California!
    I'm Cranie, from Young Jedi Niagara. We are located up in Ontario.
    I found your pictures on Fanforce, and you guys looked like you had a great time. Amazing costumes, I really must say.
    I have to ask tho, who are your CloneTroopers and Battle-Action Padme?
    If they could please PM me, I would like to talk to them about their costumes.
    I might make another trip down to the California area in the near future, and would love to meet some of you. Well, keep up the good work.

14. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Awesome pics! I love the group one. <wistful look> If only I'd planned better....I was really hoping to meet some of you!

I do have one pic in front of the theatre. If the friend who was in it with me grants permission, I'll link it to here.

15. daosiletar5

Nov 3, 2002
    if any one wants pics from ( http://photos.52878.org/gallery/swimax.html ) let me know and email me i will be more then happy to send them to you.The size of them are 1760x1168.My email is simon@52878.org

16. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I can email the pics tonight when I get home. I hope your inbox can handle the size (they total almost 30 megs I think). Yours were the first ones I saw up on the FanForce boards. I really hope someone got the group shot with the Ewok. That was the cutest costume by far.

17. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Simon, I'm going to want the pictures for the 501st SCG ... also, you have a very good shot of me :)

Clonetrooper armor is not for sale. We haven't finished it yet. We are still working outfit our local guys.

18. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Jeff,

After spending time with you all I am looking at joing the fighting 501st. Since I am a bit big for Armor at this time and have now decided that losing weight fo that will be the eventual goal. Can you have someone contact me about the Imperial officer uniforms. I'd like to get info on the patterns and what materials I may need to complete one. I'd even be interested if someone had the info concerning the scanning crew uniforms that scanned the Falcon in ANH.

Thanks for any help in advance!

19. Theatrix

Theatrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    The two Clonetroopers at the event were Cris Knight and myself. Jeff (Azeem) also has armor, but his was down due to "technical difficulties". I have been working with Azeem since last summer on our Southern California Clone Project. Unfortunately, due to my wife and I buying our first house and our needing to move in, the chest molds were not done for IMAX. However, once we finish the move, I intend to finish off the torso/various belt molds.

So little to do, so much time.....

wait, strike that, reverse it...

So much to do, so little time....

:) (for all you Willy Wonka movie fans)

Tim/Theatrix

aka

TK-1066
    501st Legion XO
    So Cal Clonetroooper Project

20. daosiletar5

Nov 3, 2002
    hey guys

LordJedi - my email can handle that size
    Azeem- wish one is the one of you ?

21. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    This is me.

[image=http://photos.52878.org/images%20/november2002/nov22002/2037.jpg]

And my wife.

[image=http://photos.52878.org/images%20/november2002/nov22002/2041.jpg]

Shawn, its okay..the darkside is just tempting. Its fun to be Imperial.

BTW, the guy you want just posted. Talk to Theatrix about the Imperial Officer.

22. daosiletar5

Nov 3, 2002
    Jeff
    look at your mail =)

23. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up Jeff. I will have to PM Tim for some help.

24. Obi-Shawn_C

Obi-Shawn_C Jedi Master

Nov 4, 2002
    A large size group shot with the baby ewok is up at the bottom of my page. Click on the smaller for the larger.

IMAX Images

I'll be glad to make any of my pix available in large size, but be forewarned- they are 1.2MB each and 2048 x 1536.

25. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    all these pictures are soooo great! and i think i'm doing ok at remembering names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.