main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA City Walk Invasion was a Blast! -- Our 1st Major Event Was A Success

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I just got this reply back from Steve Sansweet regarding the IMAX pictures:

Barry--
    Thanks for the cool photos and for your participation in the event. Please thank Jedi Janie for us too.
    Regards,
    Steve & Paul

Steve Sansweet

I know it's only an email, but I think I will be keeping this for a long time, if not forever.

2. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
  3. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    That now puts the topping on the cake! I can't believe I can actually say I was on starwars.com. Wow, this was truly my best fan moment.

OCFF we have arrived. Here is the caption under the photos from starwars.com

Perhaps the biggest event took place at the Universal CityWalk IMAX Theatre in Los Angeles on Saturday afternoon where over 100 members of the 501st and Orange County Star Wars Society and others showed up in costume.

4. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

got the pics renee took back from walmart today. does anybody have a way to put them up? a little help please. i could drop them off if lord jedi or SRB have a way to do this. they are on 2 cd's. let me know by PM if you can help. great shots of all members of the OCFF. just an update on my wife, she came through surgery ok, but there were complications 5 hours instead of 1. she was in ICU for a while until today. she will be coming home wednesday. thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

zhi-don

5. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Wow, sounds like a lot of fun, wish I could have been there!

6. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    All you have to do is go to the Yahoo groups page and upload them into the photo album there Zhi-don. I know you won't be able to get them all up but you should get quite a few.

7. daosiletar5

daosiletar5 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002
    can we have links to the Yahoo groups ?

8. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    there is a thread on this page somewhere for it. Currently there are no pics posted there yet though. Once they are I will post the link here.

9. daosiletar5

Nov 3, 2002
    LordJedi. i did not get your email last night. If you can post them somewhere as a winzip or stuffit file and i can Download them from there if that is cool with you. Let me know

10. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    OMG! LordJedi, could you forward me a copy of that email? I will PM you with my email address. OMG! I cannot believe my name was mentioned! Which pics did you send him? This is the coolest thing ever! Thanks for sharing!

11. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok, first things first.

daosiletar5: Where did you get that name from? I had to copy and paste it since I can barely remember how to spell it without writing it down. I completely forgot to email the pics last night. I will definitely email them tonight.

Jedi_Janie: I can also email you the pics I sent. Since your email is a yahoo account, and I think they have a 1 MB limit on attachments, I will send each picture as a separate email. There were 9 total and they put up 3 or 4. I will also forward you the email from Steve Sansweet.

12. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    i wish i'd have been in the big picture....boohoo...i had to feel hungry! [face_mad]

13. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    dont worry DA...you can be in the next one...were sure to have many opportunities to do things together...it was still nice meeting you...and your father was cool to take some pics for us...

14. daosiletar5

Nov 3, 2002
    LordJedi -thanks for the photos if you want a copy of my photos let me know.also i got my from this (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/icons_screensavers/jedimaker.html ) application it is also my name on aim

darth_avery-how did you dress up on sat ?

15. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Hi everyone! :D It was great to see you all at the IMAX event last Sat. Do any of you guys have pictures of me (the Anakin that was there) posing with Christy (Padme in the white outfit)? There were a lot of people taking pics of us, but I haven't seen any online and I couldn't get someone to take some pics with my camera. If so, send me a PM or post a link. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    There is a picture of a Jedi posing with her here

I don't know if that's you or not, but it's the only Jedi I've seen her with. Actually, it looks more like an Obi-Wan Padawan than an Anakin, so maybe it's not you.

17. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Nope that's not AnakinWisler. Sorry I haven't seen any of you and her yet either.

18. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    :(

This is me:
    [image=http://home1.gte.net/res1ey7k/IMAX/Dscn1129.jpg]

19. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

i have the pic of the anakin with the padme...im also in that pic. if i could only get the ^&*@$#%& things to upload to our yahoo site you could see them. lordjedi do you think you can give me some help on this?

zhi-don

20. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I can help. Bring the pics to the meeting on Sunday.

21. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    Thanks! :D Could you post a link to your Yahoo site?

22. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    AnakinWisler, You should have asked me to take some pics for you! I was running around everywhere but would have gladly taken some shots with your camera! I didn't get any of those shots with you and Padme, sorry! For the future, please come and ask me to help, that's my job! ;o)

23. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I can probably help you upload the pics. I was so busy getting ready for IMAX the last couple of weeks that I haven't been able to play any computer games. So that's what I've been doing for the last two nights in a row. Been playing the demo for Battlefield 1942 and so far I think it's a pretty good game. I suppose I can take some time out to give you a hand though :p. PM me with what you're having trouble with and I'll see what I can do.

24. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    For the future, please come and ask me to help, that's my job!

Thanks...next time I will be sure to ask you.

25. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    so jedi janie, this is how you come to be the offical photographer of the OCFF along with my sister renee. remember you said "its my job" so your job it must be, i would say..hmmm...yesss!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.