main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CityYear Premiere Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by vaderluv, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaderluv

vaderluv Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2005
    Anyone know how much the tix will be selling for??

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I would imagine that they would announce the price of the tickets closer to the actual date when they have choosen a theatre to play the movie in, because they will probably want to discuss the price of the tickets with the theatre, etc, etc.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Like I said in the two other threads, I emailed them yesterday. ;) I asked about pricing, among other things. I'll let everyone know what I hear! Thanks for starting the thread - makes sense to have one for an event like this, whether or not we end up having anything to do with it. :)

4. vaderluv

vaderluv Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2005
    Thanks, StarWars Chick. Sorry if I was redundant at all -- like you said, I too thought that it would be useful to have a separate thread :D

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Hehe, when something excited gets announced there's bound to be repetition. ;) No problem though. Hopefully I'll hear back from them sometime in the next week...

6. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Howdy Bostonians. City Year responded to my inquiry regarding information on your Charity Premier on May 12. Here's what I received:

"Thank you for your interest in supporting City Year Boston and purchasing tickets to the Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith premiere on Thursday, May 12th at the Loews Theatre at the Boston Common in Boston, MA. The tickets are $250 for general unreserved seats and $500 for VIP reserved tickets, which also includes a premiere party ticket.

I will add you to the list and I will contact you when tickets go on sale officially in February. Until then please visit City Year's website (www.cityyear.org) and learn how your support will allow City Year to continue our mission of building democracy through citizen service, civic leadership and social entrepreneurship.

Thank you again and we hope to see you May 12th!"

Anyone else excited yet?

7. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Looks like I'll have to sit this event out. $250 is too steep for my limited budget. I'll wait and buy my $10 ticket like everyone else. [face_plain]

8. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    The tickets are $250 for general unreserved seats and $500 for VIP reserved tickets, which also includes a premiere party ticket

I dont care if it is EPIII, thats highway robbery for a movie ticket. I'll wait for opening night and pay a Normal ticket price!

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I expected the tickets to be in that price range. It is a charity function, after all. They want to raise lots of money for a good cause. While it's unlikely for most of us to be able to shell out that much money, despite the purpose, I'm hoping that we can contribute to the success of their event in some other way. I also received a reply with the same information as above, but also an encouraging response to our offer to help out. They're still in the very early planning stages but the person who responded said she would keep in touch as things developed. :)

10. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    College Student...VERY LIMITED BUDGET...$250 is very steep. Even if it Ep III and charity.

11. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    If I recall correctly, that's how much the tickets were going for at the EPI and EPII charity screenings. If I also remember correctly, Lucas has a say in which charities will benefit from these screenings.

Regardless, $250 is way too steep for this hombre. I'll be taking a pass and putting that $250 to good use, like airline tickets to CIII! :D

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    $250 is too steep for my limited budget. I'll wait and buy my $10 ticket like everyone else.

That is a lot. I'll definately be waiting the extra 2 weeks for it to be released to the general public. It was a good thought anyway.

13. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Actually the original price for Ep2 tix was $500/person. But they weren't selling as many as they hoped and halved it. So you got 2 tix for $500.
    I'll have to see how much tax money is left after C3 :) Hopefully I'll be able to go.
    Maybe if we volunteer to help with the event, they can hook us up? Hey, it's for charity! I know the 501st were helping out last time around.

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, the 501st are probably going to be involved this time too (the person that emailed me back told me that they'd been in touch with them as well). Sure, it would be great if they offered us seats for helping out, but I think it's probably pretty unlikely. It would be a great privilege for us just to be able to help out with their event.

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Just to clarify, I meant the whole seat for helping thing as a joke :) I wouldn't expect anything in return except for thanks.

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Oh I knew that you weren't seriously expecting that, I just wanted to post that because I'm sure the thought has crossed many a mind. ;)

17. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    "It's just not fair" - Han Solo

I work for another division of Americorp, here in Cleveland, and I wish that I could be there for this event.

Rosie, if there's anything you can bring home to Cleveland for B4KS...let me know! ;)

18. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    When we hosted the event for AotC in 2002, LFL specifically forbade the event organizers from giving the volunteers free/reduced tix, which was unfortunate since the auditorium was only about 2/3 sold.

So, I would expect a similar scenario this time around. We were able to successfully raise $90k+ during our Episode II Charity premier in 2002.

19. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Heyya Sith_Slayer! I have a sister-in-law out near you.
    That's all, nothing relevant to the thread :)

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh yeah, Her!!!! She's awesome!!!

Meanwhile, back at Skywalker Ranch....

Just got this nifty email info from City Year today:

Dear Star Wars fan,

The time you have been waiting for has finally arrived! While the Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Boston premiere is still 70 days away you can now purchase your tickets online. On behalf of City Year, we hope you are able to join us for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity on Thursday, May 12th at the Loews Boston Common Theatre.

Please be among the first to see the movie and to celebrate a little bit of Hollywood in Boston. Your tax-deductible gift will enable City Year to further our mission of building democracy through citizen service, civic leadership, and social entrepreneurship. Our goal and vision is that citizens of all backgrounds will unite to serve their community, nation, and world, and that one day the most commonly asked question of an eighteen year-old will be: "Where are you going to do your service year?"

We are still finalizing the pre and post-party locations and additional details, but the evening promises to be fun-filled, memorable, and unique. Currently, we are planning for registration to open at 4:00pm, the general reception to start at 5:30pm, and the theater doors to open at 6:45pm. Please check out the link below to read further details on the sponsorship and ticket levels for the premiere. Premium seating tickets and all packages will include access to the general admission pre-party and the premiere post-party, which will feature special guests.

By committing to a sponsorship package, you will also enable many of the middle school students participating in City Year's Young Heroes program to attend as recognition of the important work they are doing in their communities. Young Heroes participants learn about the social issues in their community and then work together to solve those problems through hands-on community service three Saturdays a month from January through May.

CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY --> http://www.cityyear.org/sites/boston/starwarsreg.cfm

Thank you for your interest in City Year and citizen service! If you would like additional information, please email me at this address. We hope to see you May 12th-until then "may the Force of Idealism be with you".

Sincerely,

Shannon Parrish

Individual Giving Manager

City Year Headquarters

285 Columbus Avenue

Boston, MA 02116

www.cityyear.org

21. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Ok, who wants to chip in for the Jedi Knight package?
    :)

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I'll start the pool with all of the money I have in my pocket right now... $0.29 :_|.

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I can contribute about 1/1000 of that cost. Does that help? :)

24. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I can contribute about 1/1000 of that cost.

Let's see [face_thinking]. 1/1000 of $25,000 equals... ummm... [face_tired]...

I HATE FRACTIONS [face_frustrated]!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:!!!!!!!!

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    $25,000/$1,000=$25. :)

I had $22 in my wallet earlier and the rest in my laundry quarters. But I just spent $10, so there goes my spectacular contribution. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.