main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI CIV group rate?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lovelucas, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    on my side of the state I seem to be the only one planning on attending CIV. A group airline rate has been offered to Star Wars peeps in Florida for 10 or more people ($325 RT). Just wondering if there would be interest in trying to obtain a group rate from Detroit to LAX? Guess we would all have to agree on arrival and departure date. I'm hoping to arrive at least a day or so before the convention begins as there seems to be some George Lucas activity implied.

2. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    well...since this didn't work out so well I decided to just buy solo -
    $268 round trip GRR-LAX - United Air Lines

3. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Sorry about that. We still don't know if we are going to be able to attend (I still have hope, Blasty is more realistic). If we do, chances are we will fly out of Flint anyway. I despise driving to and from the Detroit airport, not to mention the lack of fun parking there. :)

4. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    oh hey now - I didn't mean to imply anything. I had just read where several fans were trying to all arrive at one airport to take advantage of a group rate and thought Michiganders might want to too.....and was just trying to share info - not too bad of a rate.

I will be very sad and disappointed if you and Blasty can't be there...just assumed all who attended C3 would want to ride the Star Wars merry-go-round once again.

I bought a fan-made DVD off Ebay with footage from C3 and there you guys were!

5. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    lol! Trust me, I really want to go.

I'm sure you will have a great time there! :D

6. DetroitBountyHunter

DetroitBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    Wow I haven't posted in like months. I would love to go cause I have great memory's from CII and CIII but I'm not going for two reason's; (1)it is way to quick to have another one wiht no movie or show to support it and (2) I have family stuff that is more important.

7. BH3829-Jastermereel

BH3829-Jastermereel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2004
    Well, the good new is that the Motor City Comic Con in the Spring will be celebrating the 30 year anniversary of A New Hope. It will be unofficially referred to as C3.5.

8. TI1800

TI1800 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    For me, it was either Rose Parade or CIV, but not both -- with the Japan trip in April, I don't have enough vacation days or money to do both, so no CIV for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.