main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN CIV Pics and Info + Free Stuff!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by HoosierTrooper, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I am leaving in a matter of minutes, so just wanted to let ya'll know that updates and info will be posted on my blog sometime tonight.

http://iud2.blogspot.com

I'll have my cell phone on me all weekend, and will take plenty of pics.

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Have a good safe trip to everyone going to C-4.

I'm sure it will be great no matter what Kesh says. :p

3. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Celebration envy

4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Have fun! Take Pics!

And, if you could, mail me a letter with a star wars stamp from C4. That way, I will get a star wars stamp with the neat post mark on it. If not, no biggie.

Yoda Jammies (or Matt Springer)
    1005 Village Court
    Henderson KY

Thanks!

Oh, and, I brought a suitcase full for freebees bacvk from Comic COn for the Club. Just saying (HINT).

HAVE FUN!

Jammies

5. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Don't you live in Tennesse?

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Yah, but my folks still live in Henderson. TN mail sucks, they still use ponies.

7. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Sorry to interrupt the Wonderfest Goodness, but the official Star Wars convention has been going great! As much as I would love to make a day trip to see a hotel featuring some models, old movies, a few "celebs" and resin kits... CIV has been the absolute best convention ever. ;)

So far, I have gone to the store where we walked right in and were greeted by a staff that tripled the customers. I was able to get the action figures and all of that without any problems. There was no line. The cashiers were begging people to come up and pay. Also was able to walk right up to the counter and pick up my Gentle Giant Exclusives that I had already pre-ordered.

On Thursday, I helped Jason and Pete of the TF.N Forcecast dress into trooper gear. I then walked right in to see the Lucasfilm archives and vader helmet exhibits. After a shift in the droid room, I then went to the 501st mixer where I got pictures with David Prowse, Michael Kingsma, and Felix the Ewok.

Friday I toured the awesome art show where I saw accademy award winner John Knoll. I got to meet the artists behind the webstrips and book cover art. I walked right up to the autograph hall where I got pictures from Richard LeParmentier, Jullian Glover (or star wars and Indiana Jones), and talked with Ian Liston (aka Wes Janson). I now own a Kenny Baker autograph on one of my custom R2 parts done in IU Crimson. Friday night, I was in opening ceremonies where I marched in costume behind the USC Trogan Marching band playing the Imperial march. We then moved on to stage where Steve Sansweet (dressed as an Ewok) fought us off.

Yesterday I ran the Trooper Olympics which you might have seen mentioned in the Associated Press article about the convention. After that, I sat in a panel (15 minute wait) to see about 7 minutes of real footage from the new family Guy Star Wars special and listed to Seth do his famous voices. Gigiti...
    After that, I saw Carrie Fishers tatoo and now know of a scene in ESB where she and Harrison were drunk while acting.

Just got back from the Clones Wars thing... WHERE THEY SHOWED FOOTAGE!!!! We were the first in the world to see it.

I'm headed back over to play Star Wars Laser tag and will post more later.

So to say the least... Make mine CIV!! :)

8. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    A few new pictures are posted at my gallery. I hope to have some time to write a bit before we leave, but there has been a lot to do.

9. GannorAton

GannorAton Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2007
    Meanwhile back at the Hall of Justice Aqua-man is making a peanut butter sandwich...lol

10. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Well, we are safely back in Evansville. I must say that it is nice to be in a place that is clean and has wildlife of any form. :)

I gathered up some stuff for people who asked for swag and grabbed a bunch of freebies for everyone else. I will prolly do a night where we can all meet up and I'll give stuff away. I leave for Bloomington as soon as June 8th, so it will have to be sometime before that. I know Brent had some extra stuff too...

Let me know what dates/locations are good for all of you. Pictures and stuff will be posted tomorrow hopefully. :)

11. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Welcome back C-4 crew! Can't wait to hear some stories. :)

12. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    CIV was frakkin' awesome!!! GenCon had learned from past celebrations and they really put on a great show. They really knew what the word 'organized' meant this time around. The store was excellent, except for selling out of the patches and pins in a few hours. Line management was done really well also. Since we got to see the Clone Wars footage in the first group, we were the first fans to see it. Huge digital visual and sound presentation. I believe that for a few people, crow is being served as the dinner choice tonight. There were a few awesome highlights. First was the pilgrimage to Graumann's Chinese Theater. We checked out the hand prints for R2, 3PO, Vader, George, and Harrison Ford outside the theater. Across the street we paid homage to the Hamburger Hamlet where George was eating on opening day. Second was being able to buy and read "Sacrifice" early. After I finished it on Friday, I ran into Karen Traviss. We spoke for a half hour about the real life political implications she wrote into the book as well as her feelings about Tony Blair and how those thoughts were put into the book. Because I had asked her a question about if Jacen's actions were based on a early 19th century English law, she said yes and was glad that someone noticed, so when she signed my copy of "Sacrifice" she wrote, "Yes, you were right". Lastly, there is my badge. To me this celebration was about the behind the scenes guys. At CII Rick McCallum signed my badge and at CIII Nick Gillard signed it. At CIV my badge was signed by Lorne Peterson, Don Bies, Ken Ralston, Jon Berg, John Knoll, and the man himself Dennis Muren. These guys beat a holographic doctor hands down.

MAKE MINE CIV!!!!!!!!!!

13. GannorAton

May 12, 2007
    *sigh* Frustrated as I am may be about not being able to go to CIV, again I go back to I didn't want to go without going with some other folks and until last month, I had no one to chill with whilst out there. Now next year will be a bit different. If I can cough up the $$$ without getting a hernia so be it, but I have no dissappointment in Wonderfest as it being my first convention, plus I did get to meet a flippin cool Vader (deSolate) lol

I will need a ballpark figure though on how much ya'll spent...base costs, I'll factor in the other for kicks and giggles, and plus, I should be able to get my Tk armor done by then :D

Later taters

14. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    YAY! Glad you all had fun!

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Wait.

I just said that in another thread.

Sorry. Just really glad for all y'all that made it out West. So happy, that my verbage turned into a repeating Muppet. Picture Kermit announcing the next act on the Muppet Show.........
    >And now, C-4 was cool. YAAAAAAH! (with Muppet arms flapping)<

I am glad the Gencon folks had their act together this time. Glad you all saw some footage, and got to meet fellow geeks. But, I'm glad I got to go to Wonderfest and get some neat stuff, and hang out with folks who do what I do with my spare time. Glad we ALL had fun. Well, except for my not getting anything in the contest. (A gold sticker? An "I've been Krogering" sticker? Moldy Fruit Roll-Up? Come On Wonderfest Judges!)

Jammies

16. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
  17. GannorAton

May 12, 2007
    hehe, that's one po'd Rebel troop can't you tell? it says "volunteer" under it

18. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I was attempting to look fierce and merely came off looking constipated.

19. GannorAton

May 12, 2007
    I just rofl'd in my chair lol

20. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Dare I say you look fiercely constipated? :p

21. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    That pic should definitely go up on the Myspace page.

:)

22. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Here are my pic's. Cole is in several.

http://picasaweb.google.com/eric.starwars/CIV

23. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    What is the tattoo and which scene was it? I'm very curious as to both...

24. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    The scene was in ESB when they land at cloud city. All of that "you old pirate" banter. They had the rolling stones over the night before and got trashed on some sort of foreign concoction. So when she gives Lando that funny look... it aint good acting. ;)

Her tattoo was at one time a crescent moon and a star... but she said it looked like an advertisement for the nation of Turkey. So on one of her more manic days she went to get it "fixed", but realized that the artist was an ex-con. She was paying so much attention to his stories that she didn't realize he was turning her turkish flag into what she described as a bruised sunset. She showed it to us and it really did look like someone kicked the turkish flag and the bruise was orange/blue. [face_laugh]

25. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    It was cool because she was staying at Eric Idol's house while they were filming "Holy Grail". He is the one who brought the goods!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.