CIV Santa Cruz Banana Slug Badges

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by lucialeria, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucialeria Jedi Knight

star 1
    Should we?
    WANT one.
    Opinions...

Distant but proud member,
    Alli over the hill
    (NOT an age reference...)

;)
  2. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL.. I "Get" the reference! LOL

I think they would be great. I'd have to find out if we need to pre-approve them, should know by tonight.

Also, we still need to get our T-shirts done!
  3. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, I doubt we can get them screenprinted in time for the con. The shirts, that is. This one may have to go by the wayside as a sanity-preserver.

Edit: Clarification 1: I am referring to the shirts, not badges.
    Clarification 2: I could get a quote for a run of shirts to see if they could be done in time. However: A. I do not have the money to pay for the run up front at this point, and B. We'd need a count and sizes confirmed in the next day or so. All things considered, this might be just an added stressor to a bunch of people who are already stressed.

- Kai
  4. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Who doesn't need more stress?

*hair falls out with a flumph sound*

NVM.

Besides, when we gonna wear T shirts, I'll be in costume most of the time. Thanks for thinking about it though.

Guess we should all just make a quick stop in the hills and pick up a real slug and stick it on the front.

Or not. Ick.

That slime stuff is still stuck to my "grubby" shoes, they should make glue from it.]

Should'a gone with a giant redwood instead.
  5. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    *laughing over the image of all of us running around with real banana slugs hanging tenaciously to our shirts*
  6. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Bet they got plastic ones at the store on the pier.

7. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok. who has a pic of Jason from FoxTrot when he is making his Suction Cup Slugs....NOW they sound like a good idea. AND anyone heading over to the pier to pick up some plastic banana slugs? LOL
  8. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    I have this awesome wooden one that is carved in exactly the shape to hang on the rim of a mug so it is either crawling in, or out. :)
  9. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    So the search begins...

http://slugweb.com/toys.html

OMG just stumbled across this and I want one!!!!

A complete Funeral Service for your dead bug!!! (The Dead Bug Kit)

http://store.bugtoys.net/debugfukit.html

10. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wouldn't that get pretty pricy if the worst happened to the blue ant farm?
  11. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Guess I could wear my UC Slug shirt, but then people would just say I looked like a... well...

*Scene where Mr. Wolf and Jimmie look at Vince and Jules after they have removed their blood soaked cloathing, gotten a hosing off with cold water and redressed in Jimmie's spare clothes. Vince is wearing an ill fitting UC Slug shirt*
    The Wolf: You guys look like... What do they look like, Jimmie?
    Jimmie: Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.
    Jules: Ha-ha-ha. They're your clothes *censored*

Pulp Fiction (1994)

Hmm. That makes two R Rated films I've referenced this week, sorry to those under 17 not accompanied by a parent, or with an active V chip in the TV. Don't worry, soon you'll be getting old like the rest of us and remembering all sorts of useless trivia that will get blank looks from the younger generations. Not to mention various organs and body parts that don't do what they used to.

Something to look forward to.

Woot.

:p
  12. lucialeria Jedi Knight

star 1
    If anyone photoshopped a design for one, we could print out and laminate cards ourselves. I think someone had some artwork somewhere, or am I imagining that from some flu-inspired delusion? The Rebel Legion is making us print and lam our IDs for them, so no problem to print up another. I just don't have time to design one myself! And I MIGHT have to draw my allegiance line at wearing fake larva on my costume...

MIGHT...
    Alli
  13. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    That bug funeral is hillarious!! I love it. If I had pet bugs I would honor it as such :)
  14. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    I could send you the layout for the front of the shirt, which has both slugs and "Santa Cruz FanForce" on it...would that work?

- Kai
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.