main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA CIV

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sithspawn_3, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    Tony and I will keep everyone abreast of all the fun stuff going on in this post.

We got greeted by R2 - D2 when we got to our hotel. Some R2-D2 builder had his driod out front rolling around. We got pictures too.

On another funny note as I (Azuren) was getting on the plane from Norfolk I talked to a couple of dudes and they happened to be the ones that cast Shannon as Mara Jade. They also did the photo shoot for her card and her costume.

:cool:

Let the party begin.

2. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Awesome!! Scope out the place for us - can't wait for Thursday!

3. Jedi_Jim1674

Jedi_Jim1674 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2007
    We found the 501st bar hangout, it is right next to the Holiday inn that we are staying at.
    It is called the liberty bar and grill.

4. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Ahhh you must be talking about the guys from Decipher. Tell them I said hello! It's been along time since I got together with them.

5. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Hi Jediknight88

I'm not sure if they worked at decipher or if they were hired to cast Shannon?
    they were not the guys that worked on the cards, but they did say they made her costume.
    It was still funny meeting them, they were going to Minn and not CIV.

:)

6. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hmmmm, not sure. I knew the Decipher guys. Sweet meeting them though.

7. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Not much Star WaRS talk today. Mike and I went to Hollywood.
    We saw the Chinese theater and the Kodack theater ( american idol it doing it finally there tonight ). We also saw the el Capitan theater, that is where the pirates of the Carribean is playing. We got two of the last three tickets that were available through Monday. they have the theater set up with props from the movie and it should be a blast.
    Yo ho Yo ho.

So that is the update this morning. We are going to go to the sunset strip this evening after a short trip to rodeo dive if all goes well.

8. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    We didn't make it to rodeo, but we did get to the wiskey and the roxx and checked out some cool bands.

I guess tomorrow we'll be up early to go get stuff from the store and do Star Wars stuff.

9. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Sounds good! Rock on![face_money_eyes]

10. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Awww it sounds like you guys are having so much fun!! I really wish I could be there. Keep us updated with your fun reports!

11. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Hi Meri,

Azuren and I are doing the Star Wars thing this morning.......2 more hours till we get in.
    Some of our group got in line at 4:00am we hooked up with them af 5:40ish.
    We are going to try to get all of our buying stuff out of the way this morning.
    After that we'll go geek out lol.
    I wish you were able to come too, maybe at CV whenever that is.

We will keep you all posted.

=)

12. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    ....yeah, right![face_money_eyes]

13. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    LOL

funny thumpy,

we acutally got most of the buying suff out of the way.
    i'llost more later.

14. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    OK i'm wasted and it is 1.38 in the morning.
    We hung out with admiral motti and general veers and darth prowse and mas ameida and boba fett and kit fisto.

and plo koon. dude it was awesome. prowse said empire was his fav. and motti has a kid that wants a good saber. im so wasted i can barely type.
    i;m off to sleep.

boni noti

good nite.
    ciao

Azuren

=)

15. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    hope you took lots of pics!:)

16. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    pics will be forthcoming as we are just now getting motivated and out of bed. We still have a full weekend to go.

As soon as I get Azuren's camera cable I will upload the pics for viewing. Noel and Wendy finally made it in yesterday and immediately got in the thick of it. The mixer was too fun many drinks and many stars. Noel, Wendy, Mike, Jim, Martha and myself drank with Gen Veers, Mas Ameda and Boba Fett for most of the mixer. These guys were TOOOO COOOOOL.

17. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I'll be loading pics up when we get home - Tony, I have to say, I am MAJORLY impressed that you were able to type at all Thursday night. You were LIT. No way Noel would've been able to manuever a keyboard that night ;). And I'm sure Jerome wouldn't've been able to, either.

Have some funny stories that Peter Mayhew told us about Capt Tarfull and Daniel Logan after the 501st mixer drinkfest - but will wait. Typing this from the airport - leaving :(. C4 was AWESOME, and will post pics plus a trip report tomorrow.

PS - this can't wait, cuz it's too good - as I understand it, Andy was told to STFU by Anthony Daniels in the Omni hotel bar!!!!! :D He'll have to tell you the whole story.

18. Darth_Ruan

Darth_Ruan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2007
    HA! You were so wasted! I might have had a couple. :)
    Anyhow, it was soooo cool! We even drank with the General. The General man! whoooo hooo!
    Oh hey. Which one was plo koon? I don't remember seeing him around. Well, maybe I did...just too blurry! Ha! Yes!

19. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Yeah we were all a little blurry eyed. Anyway, Plo Kloon was the young cat named Andy that was standing by us when we are the mixer bar with the General (Julian), Jerome and Jeremy. Yeah first name basis booooooy.

Don't forget meeting Kit Fisto at Casey's he was an awesome guy and could drink his face off.

20. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    LOL

that was so funny. I did not hear it, but I was in the bar and Andy and Pat come running over and said that C-3PO just shut him down.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.