main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clan Wren

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MandoArtist, Jan 4, 2017.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Same. She might not want to be leader now but that could change in the future.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  2. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Clan Wren of Krownest, or Crow-nest. Man, they love the the Avian theme with this family. And Sabine and Ursa have names derived from the Italian peninsula, with Sabine being named for an ancient people group and Ursa the old Latin for bear (making her a literal Mama Bear.) Tristan's got the old Arthurian name, with its possible history as a mutated Irish name (Drustan) given shades of a French word (triste for "sad"). Hopefully he avoids any aunts by marriage he may have...

I wonder if it's possible to consider Clan Wren to be the Mandalorians of Krownest, while the rest of the planet's inhabitants maybe aren't? Still trying to see if there's any way to determine if Jango Fett (still ostensibly from Concord Dawn) might be culturally Mandalorian without being an "official" one with a clan.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

I think she will be the leader in the future.

After Rebels, if there is post-RoTJ animated series, Sabine might appear as leader of Mandalore then.

4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's what I'm thinking. Perhaps if there is a post ROTJ series, we get primary Mandalorian episodes.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I want to see her in live action as mand'alor in the sequel trilogy.

6. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    There's already speculation that Kelly Marie Trans character from TLJ could be related to the Wren clan.

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Because she's Asian?

8. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    That's probably the main reason why there is any speculation at all. But it's not a convincing argument. It's just a repeat of "Finn must be Landos" son. Not a convincing argument at all. Not every asian person in Star Wars is related to Sabine, Chirrut, Baze or Aphra just as not every black person is related to Windu or Lando.

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I don't read spoiler threads. I see this one has been around since Jan. I was mad that mommy dearest didn't turn out to be Bo Katan... I thought for sure she would be.

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Filoni debunked that theory before Rebels aired I think. It was in an interview or something. I thought Sabine's mom would be Rook Kast myself. Before it turned out to be Ursa Wren.

11. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Yea so I've been reading in here lol. As I said though I stay away from spoilers as much as possible so last night I was like "wait....WHAT?!" Ha

Hell I went into theater to see RO about 98% spoiler free.

12. tampering

tampering Jedi Knight

Jan 4, 2017
    From the first season I thought right away Sabine must have been some sort of hidden princess to have so much knowledge. Now we know at minimum she's probably the future Countess Sabine Wren of Krownest. Maybe she'll even become ruler of all Mandalore.

I was very surprised when I realized that Sabine and Doctor Aphra share the same father.8-}

Regarding her father. Until we see him on screen, I'm going to see her father as good-looking, well-educated, artistic (or artistically knowledgeable), from a noble family, but not very good in combat. Notice how Sabine naturally assumed he was dead when Ursa mentioned all the other clans lining up to pay back grievances. I'm convinced Sabine got the art bug from.her dad, Ursa seems too goal oriented to spend a lot of time worrying about art. Maybe that the huge portrait of the Countess as a younger woman was a gift from him.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

You know, apart of me thinks Mandalore joins the First Order ;)

[​IMG]

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I am against Sabine as Mandalore. I think it should be Rau. I also don't think she should lead her Clan if/when her mother dies. I just don't think she has it in her to do it. She has the ability...I just don't think she wants it. Which could be an argument for why she would be a good leader....but it would make her miserable....and if she could pawn the responsibility off on her brother it would make her happier.

Add in that a lot of people Mandos think she is a traitor for designing the weapons used against them....they may forgive her enough that she could live in the society again...but not enough that they would make her leader.

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Sabine could earn their trust again though. She earned Fenn Rau's. And well she might not want to be a leader now, Sabine could change her mind in the future.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    History shows, countless times, reluctant leaders end up being among the greatest.

17. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Rau might be not Powerful enough to become Mandalore.
    I think Sabine will give The Darksaber to someone who will have a big role in future star wars canon, maybe someone of the Viszla Clan.

18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm hopeful that Mandalore won't become a full militaristic autocracy after the Galactic Civil War, and I think even a vaguely Republic or Commonwealth-style government would be best for such a feudalistic society. Satine Kryze was apparently a democratic leader, at least on so far as her power base was concerned. Sabine may qualify as a Countess like her mother, or as some kind of "Princess-Elector" of Mandalore, casting votes for the Lord Mandalore during times of war or such.

It would be cool to see her as a Resistance supporter in the ST, and I'd love to see Mandalorians getting featured in film battles.

19. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Well my theory[face_thinking] is that when Sabine:sabine: and her family clan wren find her father, perhaps (since she doesn't want it) she'll give the Darksaber to HIM and then maybe she'll return to her REBEL FAMILY!:)

20. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Viszla is Death Watch....need someone who can bridge between the pacifist and the militant. Who knows when to be diplomatic and when to go full Mando.

21. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    No idea on if she'll end up leading, but given what Filoni said (in Rebels Recon) about the clan's armor, I wonder if Sabine will literally give them more color.

22. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    If not Rau...that may be why they are bringing Bo-Katan back in...she will be Mandalore. And Ursa Wren will pledge her clan to her.

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    The only thing is, why would Bo want to lead? She might believe Sabine is a better leader. Bo might not want the responsibility. And you know, I can't see Bo using the darksaber. It's the weapon that killed her sister.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    My guess is Bo-Katan will be the leader, but dies in combat and her final wish will be for Sabine to take her place.

25. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    Sabine's mom sure likes rules and traditions... methinks Sabine gonna fite Maul and haveta win in order for Clan Wren to rightfully possess teh darksabre to be legitimate rulers.