1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Clans 2: Era of the Empire

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthIntegral, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2005
    star 7
    GM OOC:

    I should have another "real" post up later, but in celebration of the Easter Holiday, I'd like to give all players a gift.

    To all primitive clans, including my own, +1 luck
    To all small clans, +1 transportation
    To all competitive clans, +1 weapon forging
    To the Empire Clan, +1 logic

    Now, it might be a good idea to explain the use of luck. You can do any of five things with luck, provided you have at least +1 in luck:

    1) Increase any skill by two points
    2) Avoid the consequences of bad weather when it is brought into play by the GM
    3) Increase fertility
    4) Escape from another clan in a situation where your skills and circumstances would otherwise dictate that impossible
    5) Have an exceptionally large harves/herd/fishing trip/mining trip/etc ...

    To make use of your luck, simply indicate before you go IC that "In this post, I will be putting luck towards ... " You can do this multiple times if you have multiple luck points, but each of the five will cost you one luck.

    Now, if you have negative points, the following can (and probably will) happen:

    1) Loss of a single skill point
    2) Have especially bad weather brought upon just your clan
    3) Decreased fertility
    4) Capture/defeat at the hands of an inferior clan or a clan in an inferior position.
    5) Droughts (both of crops, and of herd, mining, fishing, etc ... )

    If this is to happen, the GM will notify you that "because of your bad luck ... " is happening. Each of the following above may occur a single time for each negative point you have in luck.
  2. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    OOC: hmm... thanks DI, but i was kinda trying to avoid guns for a bit longer. *shrugs* a points a point. and happy easter to all.


    Traex Shodaire Skills

    LIVING
    [4]farming
    [0]herding
    [2]fishing
    [3]building
    [2]mining
    [1]culinary

    12

    ADVANCMENT
    [1]culture
    [2]politics
    [2]medicine
    [2]education
    [1]logic
    [5]religion

    24

    BATTLE
    [5]weapon forging
    [4]weapon wielding
    [0]animal riding
    [0]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking

    35

    INTERACTION
    [2]communication
    [2]trade
    [2]transportation
    [2]boating
    [0]luck (only given by GM)

    43


    IC: Traex Shodaire/ Capital City Al'Garra/ in the mountains

    The three God Kings/ The commune

    The three entered at the same time and took their accustom seats, all withing two feet of each other. The room was white marble with black inlays. There were carvings on the walls of some of the other God Kings, the history of the kingdom written on the walls. None of the three even saw it anymore, it was just there part of the background.

    They nodded to each other and took each others hands. They reached out to each other and suddenly their minds were all one. The thoughts that were needed to be conveyed were there, in each others minds. They all knew what each other thought about the upcoming things going on, they all new the plan for Kultons eldest son to be sent with the contingent heading out. They all knew about Deimos triumphs in controling his power, and the coming new swords that they were all anxiously waiting to see. They all new about Maghr's worries about Deimos, and they were laid to rest. They all knew about the new race to the south that could be a problem, and the answer that Maghr had decided upon for the moment. They all agreed. They all knew about the use of Eeopie to help farm, and they were all interested in the possiblities, and wanted the consultant to go and learn what they could about it so they could start teaching other farmers those techniques, as well as looking at the possibilities. They all knew all of these things, as well as several others. In unison the three released each others hands, happy with the results of the commune.

    Kulton looked at the other two and smiled. "It seems things are going well for our people. The longheads across the river still bear watching, and maybe contacting. We can discuss this at a later date however, as we now have to go before our people. Judgements are needed." He looked at the other two, they nodded.

    "Aye, we need'ta see about those swords that're ta be brought before us. I canna wait to try them." Deimos accent rolled around the room due to the echo. Maghr simply nodded. He knew that the consultant had been dispatched already, and Kulton's son would already be gone with the contingent.

    They all rose and walked to the door to their dining room to eat breakfast. On the table waiting for them was a new dish. It was wampa meat baked in various spices. They tasted it and gave their approval, then headed toward the throne room.

    When they had gotten themselves set in their thrones they began the daily grind. A little later in the day someone burst into the room with a metal pipe and a bowl of some kind of powder screaming that he'd done it. Deimos looked at their guards as they started trying to drag the male away. "Ye shall let 'im come ta us. We want ta see what he has." He looked at the other two, who nodded their agreement.

    "Milords I've figured it out!!" and he held up the metal tube and powder. He was extremely excited, and in some ways flustered. Having guards try to remove you forcibly from a room can do that.

    Kulton responded with his usuall calm, "First, what is your name? Second, what have you figured out, as you say." He looked with interest though, not wanting to intimidate the inventor.

    "Oh, yes. My name is Olmar, and I've figured out how to kill something from a distance." He brandished the tube again. "Would you like a demonstration?" The guards closed quickly, but again Deimos waved them off.

    "Indeed, th
  3. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: Well, Trimaj, simply because your clan has the skill to make guns doesn't mean they have to (or they may not even realise they're skilled enough). ;)
  4. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 6
    []farming
    [2]herding
    []fishing
    []building
    []mining
    []culinary
    [3]culture
    []politics
    []medicine
    []education
    []logic
    [3]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [2]weapon wielding
    [1]animal riding
    [1]armor forging
    [1]strategical thinking
    [2]communication
    []trade
    []transportation
    []boating
    [1]luck (only given by GM)


    Clan Adoichi
    Hrothgar

    Up on fiery mountain, Hrothgar sat, working.

    He had carved a substantial blade out of one of the horns, and was now unsure of what to do next. He grunted in frustration. This was not what he had had in mind. This was weak, merely bone, not enough to do any considerable damage.

    He snorted in anger, tossing the blade to the side. He slammed his hand down on the rock, hard. It shattered, as did all rocks on the lava clad slopes. There were no real resources to rely on! He hated it.

    He heard a hissing sound, and turned. The edge of the blade was slipping into molten rock! The obsidian!

    Hrothgar scrambled over to it, yanking it free. Black, slimy liquid flew everywhere. A drop landed on his cheek, and he growled in pain. But even as the pain subsided, Hrothgar stared at the blade. It was long now, strong and sharp from the hardened rock. The blade was black, glittering as the light caught it.

    Amazing - a new weapon forged in fire...he needed to enlighten the tribe.

    Tag: Any
  5. dontlookatmethatway Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 5, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Daer k?Allor
    Outside Trevar, Agricultural Plantations

    Daer snapped the reins on his tauntaun to urge it forward down the rows of crops. Behind him, guards, also mounted on tauntauns, followed. The party was outside the city limits, passing through the great plantations that were such a vital part of the economy. They provided a large part of the food that kept the Trevari going. Daer scowled. The plantations, due to this, also raked in a lot of money ? money that went straight into the pockets of the nobles. And with the nobles united for the most part against him, Daer wasn?t overjoyed with anything that gave them revenue. Daer looked around. Rows of crops spread out before him, dotted by the occasional worker. Daer?s attention was drawn away from the pastoral scene by the bray of his tauntaun. ?Easy, Liet? Daer said soothingly, reaching down to pat the creature?s neck. He had named the beast Liet both as an insult to his opponent in the House of Lords, k?Liet, and as a setup for a practical joke. He smiled at the memory and thought back?

    Daer, holding the reins of the tauntaun Liet, stood in front of the great doors to the House of Lords. It hadn?t been easy to get him up here; the animal balked at climbing the marble stairs. But, after shoving from the guards and bribes of food from Daer, he had finally reached the top. Daer presented the creature to the guards. ?I am here to bring my esteemed friend, Liet, to this meeting at the House.?

    The Legislatorial Guards at the door looked at him like he was insane. ?But? he can?t come in here.?

    ?Why not? Liet is a member of this august body, no?? The expressions of the guards changed slowly to reflect their comprehension. They looked outraged. The two members of the King?s Own standing behind Daer smirked at them. ?These gentlemen seem incapable of opening the doors for us. Will you do the honors?? Daer?s two bodyguards moved forward, roughly shoving the Legislatorial Guards out of the way and opened the doors. One of them gave an insincere ?Excuse me.? The King?s Own strongly disliked the Legislatorial Guards, and the feeling was mutual. Daer pretended to take no notice of this and swept inward, pulling on the reins to get Liet moving as well. They passed down the marble hallways and into the House meeting area. Daer led Liet to the seat of the man whose name he shared. Others gawked at the sight of the tauntaun. The king explained that it was Liet for their benefit. Once everyone was settled, Daer took his honorary seat in the back. Because he was not a member, he did not have the right to speak out during the meeting, but he had allies who did. One of those people stood up.

    ?Would Liet, the Chairman of the House of Lords, please open the meeting?? The tauntaun was silent? until another one of Daer?s cronies poked the tauntaun. The creature brayed and snapped at his antagonist. ?Thank you for that introduction. But I must remind you that fighting is strictly prohibited within the House of Lords.? A laugh swept the people present. The House continued on, as did the humor. Even the lords of Liet?s faction were chuckling by the time that the man Liet stormed in. His face was an ugly shade of red.

    ?I was held back from entry by several of the King?s Own, who claimed that Liet was already in the House. I finally managed to get in through the efforts of the Legislatorial Guard, who overwhelmed the soldiers of the king through force of numbers. And now I see what has been going on. A tauntaun with my name has been brought in here. This is-?

    The bodyguards of the king exchanged nasty grins. Their friends had been doing good work. Daer stepped forward. ?We were taken in. The impostor has your looks.? The tauntaun took this moment to bray rather loudly. ?And your voice.? A wave of laughter rippled through the chamber.

    Liet marched right up to him. ?We are enemies now, Daer. I swear, I will do everything in my power to bring you down and see you destroyed.?


    Thinking back on the occurrence, Daer realized that at this point in time it mig
  6. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Species: Wookie
    Small Clan Name: Bacca
    Life Expectancy: 850yrs
    System of Government: monarchy
    Religion: Monotheistic
    Clan Type: Small
    Skills: One anywhere added to communication
    []farming
    []herding
    [2]fishing
    [2]building
    [2]mining
    [2]culinary
    []culture
    []politics
    [2]medicine
    [3]education
    [3]logic
    [1]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [3]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [2]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking
    [2]communication
    [1]trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating
    []luck (only given by GM)
    __________________________________________________________________

    IC: Tarful

    Tarful watched intently, silently kicking himself for having dropped his cantine simply because of being startled by something none had seen before. The creature arched his head up, and spoke loudly, calling out to no one in general. "I mean no harm. I come from Clan Muriad. We only seek to know what lives beyond ourselves. Please show yourself!"

    At this Tarful felt his fur rise on end, the implications of this was immense. If he called for assistance from the others not far away, the creature, no the being below would know were he was. But if he went down and talked with this new being, he might be promoted given higher standing in the kingdom, so long as the meating went well that would happen. He stealed himself for the encounter took a deep breath and began "You have entered the forest of Clan Bacca. To seek knowledge is a good goal, especially if one can begin to see through the wisdom of anothers eyes." At this last part he stepped out from his place of hiding place by the trunk of the trunk of the tree, lowering his bow and placing the arrow back in the quiver. "I am Tarful, and now that you know who lives in this wood beyond yourselves, would you care to come and know us?" He looked down at this being hoping that it would come, he would take it to the group studying and finding uses for the parts of the dead condor dragon. Yes, they should be able to vouch for him that this meeting was real and that his claim was real for a promotion- possibly to be emissary between their peoples.

    TAG: DarthIntegral/Hyln
  7. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    OOC: True WJ, but if it's available you may as well use it. It's not precisely a well worked out process at the moment though.:p

    On another note, the presentation of better swords coming later, either today or tommorow.
  8. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: Cheers for the gift!

    [2]farming
    []herding
    []fishing
    [2]building
    [5]mining
    [1]culinary
    [1]culture
    [4]politics
    [1]medicine
    [1]education
    [3]logic
    []Religion
    [5]weapon forging
    [7]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [6]armor forging
    [4]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    []trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating
    []luck (only given by GM)

    Politics, Weapon Forging, Communication Points Added
    +1 Anywhere to culture



    Kaspir City

    More than three thousand people had travelled to see the great event, lining the streets, cheering, singing and dancing. The rich, pleasant smell of food filled the air, with freshly baked loaves being passed around on one side, spiced meats on the other. This was a day like no other- nothing of this scale had been seen for many, many years. Even the miners had been given the day off work to allow them to attend. And attend they did, in their hundreds, bringing their families along to watch.

    They were there for a parade. It was not a particularly spectacular or entertaining one, as the Kaspirai had never been capable of much in that respect. There were no exotic, colourful displays, no magicians or acrobats to mystify and amuse the crowd, no meticulously choreographed dances performed at the start. There were simply soldiers, patrolling both in front and behind a large open carriage, which was carried along by a dozen footmen. Standing there, greeting the adoring crowd with smiles and waves, were the golden couple. This was enough to send the children wild, while the adults grinned from ear to ear and waved their banners.

    This was no ordinary wedding procession- it was the wedding procession of the young and charismatic Lord Nida, son of the great war veteran Grachh Raius, and the beautiful Lady Clea, generous and compassionate, daughter of the respected armourer Hideo Irijima. Once they reached the Grand Square, they would be blessed and then married, with the First Knight leading the ceremony. This was a day of celebration.

    At least, it was for the people. But within the circles of the aristocracy, the truth was known, and when Nida looked up at his soon-to-be wife, the sadness he felt was mirrored there, in her soft green eyes. In two months? time, he was to leave his homeland to explore and chart the wilds of the North Regions, with only a small bodyguard to accompany him. Half a year later, he would report back. If he still lived.

    ?I will,? he whispered to Clea, as the cheers of the people echoed around him, somewhere far away. ?I promise I will. I?ll come back.?

    She didn?t speak, and he reached out for her hand. In the Square nearby, Lord Jahuslear watched patiently, waiting to begin the ceremony. He was the man who was responsible, but Nida didn?t care. He thought he would feel angry, like his father, but he didn?t. He didn?t want to rage, he didn?t want to cry out. He just wanted to comfort the woman beside him, and he felt so weak, as if paralysed by the moment. She turned to him at last.

    ?And I promise I?ll wait for you,? she spoke softly, and kissed him then. Though the crowd was cheering, Nida?s could hear only Clea?s words in his head, and as his lips touched hers, he felt strong.

    Tag: me
    />
  9. DarthIntegral Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2005
    star 7
    IC: Hyln
    Clan: Muriad
    location: Wookie Forest


    The tall, furry being jumped down towards Hyln. He introduces himself as "Tarful", and said he was from the Bacca Clan. The tension, and fear left Hyln, and he raised his head to look forward at Tarful.

    "I am Hyln, servant of Zion, the wise, and ..."

    Hyln cut his speech short. He snapped his head around as he heard a commotion and felt a presence of familiarity around him. He saw coming at him Wessez and about twenty other from his clan. They had followed him and found him in the woods! He took a deep breath, and turned towards Tarful, unsure of how he would react.

    Would he think him a liar? Would he think this an act of ambush? That Clan Muriad was here to attack and destroy and conquer? Such thoughts were not of Clan Muriad, but how would it appear to an outsider? The low voice of Wessez started to come forward, cutting into Hyln's train of thought.

    "Hyln, we must return to camp. Zion is awaiting us, and any news we have. Have you found any ... "

    Wessez stopped speaking as his eyes located Tarful, and his jaw dropped open.

    The Muriads waited for a response from the tall, furry being.

    Tag: mitth, chukles
    IC: Espiro, Angel Messenger of Beshjumal

    Espiro, perhaps the most beautiful angels of Beshjumal, appeared before Deimos Odai in a vision. Her beauty filled the room they were in. She sparkled brighter than any star, and there seemed to be a glorius hum whenever she moved. She paced before Deimos Odai for several minutes, captivating him, capturing his attention. Finally, she spoke, with a soft voice that had grace enough to it to pierce into any heart.

    "Deimos Odai, God King of the Traex Shodaire, your god does smile upon you. You are blessed with intelligence. You are blessed with leadership. And now, you shall be blessed with a vision.

    If you travel to the east, the wind shall guide you, and you shall find a group of quadripeds. They may look like beasts of burden, but these are intelligent beings. But they are primitive, unruly, and pagan. They seek knowledge, but they do not seek it from the heavans.

    The Traex Shodaire shall conquer them, Deimos Odai, and you shall lead them there. As I speak now, they are down in numbers by a quarter. They have poor weapons and poor defenses. You can overtake them with with as little as ten men following you.

    Slay the one known as Zion, and they shall be conquered quite easily. Once you conquer them, bring the survivors back with you. Put them to work. They shall do your grunt labor, freeing up the Traex Shodaire to prepare themselves for greater challenges.

    I hope you understand what is required of you, and I hope you understand what Beshjumal will do if you fail."

    With her final words, the beauty of Espiro was gone from the room, and so was she. Leaving
    Deimos Odai alone with his thoughts and his memories.


    Tag: trimaj
    />
    agap +1 culture
    zedd +1 anywhere
    trimaj +1 herding, +1 anywhere
    dontlook +2 anywhere
    mandeillord +1 anywhere, +1 weapon wielding
    penguin +1 communication
    mitth +1 communication
    winged +2 anywhere
    />/>
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    trimaj +1 herding, +1 anywhere

    Traex Shodaire Skills

    LIVING
    [4]farming
    [1]herding
    [2]fishing
    [3]building
    [2]mining
    [2]culinary

    14

    ADVANCMENT
    [1]culture
    [2]politics
    [2]medicine
    [2]education
    [1]logic
    [5]religion

    26

    BATTLE
    [5]weapon forging
    [4]weapon wielding
    [0]animal riding
    [0]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking

    37

    INTERACTION
    [2]communication
    [2]trade
    [2]transportation
    [2]boating
    [0]luck (only given by GM)

    45

    +1= Herding
    +1= Anywhere= Culinary


    IC: Traex Shodaire/ Capital City Al'Garra/ in the mountains

    Deimos Odai/ The Throne Room

    The throne room was truly a marvel of engineering. It was a dome with varied carvings of animals in it. Most of the animals were in combat with the God Kings ancestors, or Legends of old. There had truly been some legendary figures in Deimos family, Algar the Mighty who had taken out a whole wampa hovel by himself. Jurman the Just, renowned for his judgments throughout the kingdom, and a noble warrior, he had died defending a village on what had then been the outskirts. There were many others, and Deimos hoped to be listed among them. It was rare for one of their stature to come along, but he was definitely the closest to becoming that, save for Kulton who was already a living legend. His shadow was long, and everyone in the kingdom knew Kulton?s name.

    The rest of the room had pillars that created a hallway up to the three thrones. The pillars were fluted and tapered off towards the ceiling. The walls were also engraved with the likenesses of the previous God Kings. Everywhere that the three leaders went they were reminded of their history, unless they were in their rooms, the lone sanctuary from the memories of history.

    The three thrones were made after their respective families. The Mastigar throne was presently in the middle due to the Elder of the God Kings being from that Family. It was solid stone, the seat had been worn in, but that was the lone concession to comfort. It was a hard throne, and the discomfort of sitting in it was a constant reminder that the power that was wielded by the male sitting in it should never be comfortable. It was a constant reminder of the honor the family represented, and embodied.

    The Odai throne was made of carved wood and wasn?t spare. It had carvings of wampa heads on the end of the arm rests, and the legs were works of art in and over themselves. It was comfortable, for a time, but sitting in it all as the God Kings did on certain days reminded them not to ever be comfortable with their position. They should always be alert, and always be ready to defend themselves should the need arise. It represented power as well, because you felt as though you were in charge of those before you. At present the Odai throne was to the left, the weakest position, because the current Odai ruler was the youngest.

    The Nedjam throne was on the right, and was wavy, pleasant to the eye. It was comfortable and even had a cushion to sit on. They believed that you should be comfortable with the power that was wielded, but that they should indeed be aware of it. Part of the comfort was to represent empathy, because when they went into trances as was the wont of the Nedjam, they felt their bodies shouldn?t be in pain upon coming back to consciousness. In ways they were looked down upon for this concession, but they were still respected.

    Deimos was starting to get bored with the day, as well as anxious for the new swords to come. It was nearly time for the midday meal, and they still had yet to be presented. The madman has already presented his inventions. Aye prefer to see good ol? steel in me hand. Ta feel the wait of the weapon, and feel it as it bites into yer enemy. Thare do be nothing like it. He grinned to himself, wanting to go back to his training as that was also how he communed with Beshjumal. He revered his people?s god, and knew that he was indeed a real presence in their lives. The God Kings saw him in
  11. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Skills: One added to communication
    []farming
    []herding
    [2]fishing
    [2]building
    [2]mining
    [2]culinary
    []culture
    []politics
    [2]medicine
    [3]education
    [3]logic
    [1]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [3]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [2]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    [1]trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating
    []luck (only given by GM)
    _________________________________________________________________

    IC: Tarful
    Clan: Bacca
    Location: Wookie forest


    As the ground shook he knew another group of something was approuching, his right arm reached behind his back holding onto his crossbow. He stealed himself for whatever may come, every muscle in his body tensed and his claws began digging into bow. When they finally came into view he was relieved and alarmed that so many had come of this new race. No longer did he have t o deal with just one individual but twenty-one, and he would have to protect them too since they appeared to lack any advanced weapons and the ability to climb well.

    He cleared his throught and began louder than the first time both for the benifit of the group and because of the racing of his own pulse ,"I am Tarful, servant of King Chewbacca the brave. I know he will want to meet you before you return home and inform your Master Zion the wise of us. If you will come with me I will show you the way, the journey is not too long. On the way we will pass a Condor Dragon that the king and Whoerl slayed not long ago, at which time four others will join us for protection the rest of the way to the village were our king currently rests. It would be a great honor if youwould come."

    He looked expectanly at the group and finally was able to relax his muscles and lowered his now empty right hand. He knew this day no longer would be a subnote in a history class but the start of a new chapter all together, and he thanked the Provider and knew that once this thing was done no matter which way it went he would give thanks and offerings to the Provider for his whole family, for the grace given today.

    TAG: DarthIntegral/Muriads
  12. GenOochy Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2003
    star 5
    GAME MASTER APPROVED

    Species: Wolatarians
    Clan Name: Woltar Ath'tor Community
    Life Expectancy: 74 years
    System of Government: Nomadic, Tribal Council
    Religion: Monotheistic
    Clan Type: Small
    Skills:
    [2]farming
    [1]herding
    [2]building
    [3]culture
    [1]politics
    [2]medicine
    [3]education
    [2]logic
    [1]Religion
    [1]weapon forging
    [2]weapon wielding
    [2]strategical thinking
    [2]boating

    As the Wolatarians are rather reclusive, they stay hidden in their forest villiage, only leaving in their small fleet of sail ships to explore and survey the actions of other clans. They are well developed in own form of combat with archery and a more recent development of chemically fired metal orbs from large mortars. The main village of the Wolatarians is built in the forest through construction of adobe plastered homes with blocks of straw for support and thatched roofs.

    Initial Leader
    Name: Governer Sage Parvil
    Rank: Governer of the Ath'tor Community
    Age: 46
    Brief Bio: Sage Parvil serves as the Governer of the Council in the Wolatarian Community of Ath'tor. Sage Parvil was elected by the council to be governor two weeks ago.
  13. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    May 7, 2005
    star 5
    IC Marleu
    Middle of Desert

    Marleu stumbled accross the scorching sand. He had tied two halves of his ripped shirt to his feet to protect the skin from the incredible heat emmiting from the golden sand. His years of training had prepared him for this moment, he was able to calm his mind, body, and soul and not let his lack of hydration take over.

    After seemingly days (And probaly that in reality) of wandering under the bright sun, Marleu had arrived at a Tropical Utopia. A stretch of land filled with a myriad of frugal growth which could feed a village of Wookies for years on end. Marleu fell to his knees thanking Letra and Secura for the blessing of this patch of land juxtaposed within the endless sea of desert. He stood once more and ran full sprint towards the sky-blue lagoon which sat in the center of a grassy knoll.

    The blue-skinned Twi'lik dove head first into the lagoon in hopes of cooling his burnt and toasted skin after days of being under the merciless heat of the lord's sun. Letra hit the ground with a loud thud and piles of sand shot around him in all directions. No, he was not submerged in a tank of cool, liquid but rather buried in a pile of coarse sand, for this Tranquil Oasis had merely been a mirage, a trick from Marleu's mind; a severe case of wishful thinking.

    Marleu pounded his fist into the ground realizing it was too good to be true. The large, stoic warrior whos body was covered in battle scars and tribal symbols reduced himself to the appearance of a mere child crying for his mother. He dug his face into the sand and let out a loud cry which was smothered by the ground his face was stuck in. He took on the resemblance of himself in his younger years when he was attacked by the Nexu on the morning of the prophet, Letra's death. Scared, helpless, lost, these were not the traits Marleu had shown through his adolescence and adult-hood and through his training from the men who took him on the fateful evening.

    "Letra...help me..." Marleu silently spoke with his knees on the ground, and his face hunched over and buried within the sand. He had not spoken with the spirit of the Secura Te's leader since he was a child, since the night Letra told him of his true destiny; his destiny which he had no knowledge of. Letra saw something within him, something which caused him to give his life. Cheechoo had seen the gift the boy possessed and that is why he allowed him to leave the Clan, but through all that, Marleu had no knowledge of what his true destiny was. He had completed his training, he was a warrior both physically...and mentally. Those aspects of him where what make this scenario so unlikely. He had finally broke and for the first time since his training began he has asked for help, for guidance. Alone in the desert Marleu could not find his path, he needed to be set right once more. He needed Letra.

    TAG-DI
  14. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Traex Shodaire/ Capital City Al'Garra/ in the mountains

    Deimos Odai/ Practice/Meditation Room

    He knelt on the floor, his head bowed. His practice swords were arrayed around him in a circle, all pointing out. He had already raised them all in the air, and was holding them their as long as he could, trying to stretch his abilities. He was also communing with Beshjumal as he did this. This was his way of communing with their god of war, holding weapons up with the power that he had been given. He had found he could use this ability for nearly anything, and had even began trying to fine tune his control. As he held the blades in the air, he started turning them over, so they rotated on their long axis. Sweat started to bead his forehead as he held up the nine iron swords. His main goal for the moment was to reach ten swords at once, for over an hour. He was nearing two with his current session, so he knew he was close to that goal. He knew he wasn?t quite ready yet though.

    He tried something new, having the blades swap position in a leap frog manner, half of them at a time all while trying to keep them rotating. The sweat that was on his forehead started to pour down the rest of his lean body. He managed to keep that up for fifteen minutes, then he gently laid the swords on the ground. Aye do be gettin? bettar. He sighed, unhappy that he had yet to reach his goal. He knew there was more to his powers than he was using as well. If we all be having the same powar, than we do all be able to do the same things. Aye should be able ta do what Kulton?s family do be able to do, as well as the mental command o? Maghr?s family. Aye do be wanting more. He knelt, his forehead touching the cool stone in reverence to Beshjumal, beseeching those gifts to be given to him.

    He drew his knife, the only weapon that he had kept from before he became the God King of his family, it was still better than any he had yet to see. It also had sentimental value, but he wouldn?t admit that to himself. It had been blessed by Beshjumal, as he rarely needed to sharpen it, though he used it fairly consistently. He cut his upper arm this time, letting the blood flow down his arm for several moments. Several drops fell on the bloodstained floor. After eight or nine drops had fallen he tied off the wound with a clothe he kept handy for these instances. He needed Beshjumal?s blessing more fully to complete the task he had been given, and he knew it.

    His mind flittered back to Espiro, the most beautiful being that he had ever seen. He knew he would do everything in his power to complete this task, he would go far beyond anything he had ever known before. He was certain he would gain a new ability that none in any of the families had ever exhibited before, but he knew not what it was. He thanked Beshjumal for his bounty and his gifts, undeserved though they felt.

    After again bowing his head to the cool bloodstained floor he stood. He walked over to his new blades, by far the finest he had ever held. He prayed for a blessing on these blades as well. He untied the wound on his arm and, drawing one blade, ran the flat of it over the wound, coating it in his lifeblood in an offering. He repeated the process with the other blade, only then retying off the wound. It wasn?t serious, but it would likely bleed for the rest of the night as he remained in this, his favorite chamber. He then started to go through several routines so he would know these blades that could shatter lesser weapons. If only his entire force was outfitted with these blades he knew they would be unstoppable, but he had been promised victory with only ten, and with only ten would he go. Zion will die, there be no two ways about it. Aye must kill him. Went over and over in his mind as he learned his new blades.

    After several routines he cleaned and oiled them both so they remain sleek. These blades do be needing names. Aye?ll be thinking about that, surely. He knew these weapons would become le
  15. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Skills: One added to communication
    []farming
    []herding
    [2]fishing
    [2]building
    [2]mining
    [2]culinary
    []culture
    []politics
    [2]medicine
    [3]education
    [3]logic
    [1]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [3]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [2]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    [1]trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating
    []luck (only given by GM)
    _________________________________________________________________

    IC: Chewbacca
    Private Chambers/Capital city Yurl inthe tree line by the lake shore.

    He hobbled back and forth pacing as best he could having to use a crutch that the healer's had made him till his leg healed. His aid that waited at the door seemed to find some amusement in the kings condition. But he didn't mind, after all he found it amusing himself whenever he took the time to see himself from anothers perspective. "Come in Quebac, what news do you bring about the villages?"

    "I bring several reports my king, one of Euler the teacher and mathmatition, one from Herc the weaponsmith and trainer."

    "Very well, begin with Herc I wish to end my day with a good laugh, I know Euler's reports are usually good for providing one. Proceed." Hobbling over he leaned against the back wall, setting down his crutch to rest against the mighty treetrunk.

    "Yes sir, Herc has as you know been trying to get you to buy his iron swords." "Yes, yes I know that, but he doesn't understand tradition that sword though made of stone has been the king's sword for thousands of years. I am not about to abondan it because something heavier comes along." "Yes sir, but he has a knew sword to presentand asked to put on a demenstration for you against a stone sword if you will permit, and he is very...persistant about this sir." "Very well, but tell me how many tools did he have to throw before you gave in?" At this Quebac looked at him confounded, "Yes I know Herc as well as you, that's why I chose you. You know when to fight and how to duck, not only in conversation but also in battle. Now how bad was it."
    Quebac looked ashamed that the king knew he had given in to Herc presenting because of life threats from the mighty smith but confessed anyway, after all the king seemed to already know "Nearly half his private shop, I gave in by the time he raised his second anvil to throw at me sir." The king couldn't help but chuckle at this, "Very well show them in, and don't forget you can always leave during such tantrums you don't have to stay to the end. Now go bring em in." With that Quebac bowed and a call around the doorway, which was quickly answered by three replies.

    The three that came in were great swordsmen and known for their cunning in battle, they bowed deeply to the king and the king returned their bow with a slight inclination of the head as a sign of mutual respect and acknowledgement that they were on the same level in some way. "Proceed." was the kings only pronouncement, their were no grand gestures of state or pomp just duty honor and living. The three bowed, then the king watched as six mighty swords were drawn four of the ancient stone, and only two of the smiths new steal. He watched in fascination as the three performed their deadly dance, and listened as the blades spun in their masters hands and glanced off each other. The one with the steal blades being at a disatvantage had to continually block, duck and spin out of the way from the others till finally he ran to the far side of room getting ahead of his aponents before turning and bringing both blades down in a power blow. The looked on shaking his head, such a tactic left him open to the two blades that didn't have to block which would come underneath to ram into his belly. The steal came down and crashed into the stone which gave way into shards, the two blads continued on with less momentum but where able to intercept the remaining two blades before they found their mark. The battle continued the two attackers know being careful not to let their opponent break their remaining blades, the fi
  16. Mandeillord Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 13, 2006
    star 1
    [2]farming
    []herding
    []fishing
    [4]building
    [3]mining
    []culinary
    []culture
    [3]politics
    [1]medicine
    []education
    [2]logic
    [3]Religion
    [3]weapon forging
    [4]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [2]armor forging
    [1]strategical thinking
    [2]communication
    []trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating
    []luck (only given by GM)

    +1 to weapon wielding, weapon forging, and transportation
    High Priest Pok

    Recent news of the Krayt Dragon skirmish had reached the High Priest and he was neither pleased nor dissatisfied. That military thing was Kol?s business, and Pok didn?t interfere. It went the same with politics; Kol need not interfere with Pok and how he conducted the state unless he wanted to be sent into exile, and the High Priest wouldn?t want to do that. The messenger left the room which gave Pok time to pray to Liet. The walk to the sanctuary was brief, as it always should be for a High Priest.

    Overall, the palace was not lavishly decorated save for a few rooms, the sanctuary being one of those rooms. The walls were decorated with antique paintings depicting the life of Lisan al-Gaib and his four Prophets. Exquisite carpets covered the floors and relics were for display in boxes. A large shrine of Liet towered over everything in the room, standing at twenty-feet tall. Pok got to his knees and crawled to the shrine, never looking up at it incase his actions angered Liet. Once he reached the shrine, Pok took a required sip of a strong alcohol and then began to pray.

    ?Liet, I come to you today for guidance.? Pok began, not caring to whisper or keep the prayers to himself. ?Recent events have caused me to believe that Kol will betray me. He acts strange around me and all of his actions lead me to believe that a rebellion will come soon. I have been a friend to him and would never disrespect him. His advice and skill surpasses anyone else when it comes to fighting, and I would look to any alternative to killing him. Nevertheless, if it comes to that, I will have to do it. Please, Liet, guide me in places that are dark. Bring me the light when I need it most!? He finished his prayer and backed away from the shrine, tears rolling down his cheeks. Nothing could go wrong at this point. Kol?s plan was genius. The surrounding priests would think Kol planned treachery and would resolve it by hiring assassins. This information would leak to Kol the day before the planned assassination and the uprising would begin, forcing Pok out of the throne.

    A devious chuckle escaped from Pok and he glanced around, wary of prying ears. Luckily there were none and Pok continued this squealing for minutes on his way to his quarters. Upon arriving, a note lay on his bed from the priests. It contained information of a suspected rebellion and the leaders. The master plan was in motion and nobody could stop it, or so he thought.

    TAG: DI/Liet
    />
  17. GenOochy Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2003
    star 5
    OOC: Could Intergral give me a starting post? :)
  18. DarthIntegral Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2005
    star 7
    IC: Hyln and Wessez
    Clan: Muriads
    location: wookie forrest

    Now Hyln was young in years and eager in spirit. Wessez was old in years and wise in understanding. Hyln knew what was of the greatest possible gain for the Muriads; Wessez knew what ought to be done. And the conflict of the two would rise this day.

    "We would be honored to meet your king," Hyln began.

    "But, we cannot," Wessez interupted him.

    Wessez pressed his face against that of Hyln and growled at him, then turned back to Tarful.

    "Please understand, we are obligated to return home to Zion the wise. For he has commanded us"

    "He has commanded us to explore," Hyln interupted back. "And we have found something. Why not go this day and complete the exploration which"

    "Can be completed another time," Wessez chimed in, interupting Hyln again. "We know the path, we will remember the trees. We must return home."

    "Of course we must return home ... right after meeting with their king."

    "We will return now."

    "We will send two of the fastest runners back to tell Zion of our discovery, and then return ourselves when we have met the king and learned what there is to know."

    Wessez' jaw dropped at the stunning offer of a compromise. It made sense, and he couldn't turn it down.

    "Very well, but this will not end well. I have a bad feeling about this."

    Wessez sent off not two, but five, of the fastest of the Muriads on this expedition, and turned back to Tarful.

    "Lead us on, please"

    Tag: mitth


    IC: Narrator

    These days were days of change on the great land. But, there was also action on at least one tiny island. The southwest forest island began to show signs of life. The Woltar Ath'tor Community was known to inhabit these lands. Their boating skills, while somewhat primitive, allowed them to plan and dream of visits to the large land to their east, while keeping them safe from almost all eyes that could watch them.

    A mighty rain fell down on the plains of the east, extending even to the deserts. Young Marleu would find his desert not so dry, and the Kaspirai would need to find a way to find shelter from the ongoing flow of water from the heavens. The rain stopped, however, with the mountains, where a strong wind blew a path of destruction. A tornado uprooted several trees and took them from the mountains to form an arrow shape, leading from the land of the Traex Shodaire towards the land of the Muriads.

    And the supernatural was at work as well. Young children of the Secura Te dreamed dreams of a lost savior wandering in a desert. Some were bold enough to share these visions, but only time will tell how the Secura Te respond to this. And the supernatural seemed to swirl winds in the hearts of the Qizara, giving birth to movements, uprisings, and power.

    Qizara +2 politics
    Secura Te +1 religion
    trimaj +2 anywhere, +1 religion
    mitth +1 anywhere
    angus +1 anywhere
    mandeillord +1 anywhere
    />/>
  19. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 13, 2003
    star 5
    OOC: My most sincerest apologies for LoP ("lack of posting" for those of you who don't know what it is)

    I will try and get a post up soon, if not later today.

    ~ZV
  20. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Skills: One added to weapon wielding
    []farming
    []herding
    [2]fishing
    [2]building
    [2]mining
    [2]culinary
    []culture
    []politics
    [2]medicine
    [3]education
    [3]logic
    [1]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [4]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [2]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    [1]trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating
    []luck (only given by GM)
    _________________________________________________________________

    IC: Tarful
    Clan: Bacca
    Location: Southern Edge of Wookie forest

    He stood their in amazement at the verbal battle these two, Hyln and Wessez, showed. However intellegent these being might be they were in no ways unified, in the end it might be this races undoing. "Thanks to the Provider for many predators, that make us all one." He said quietly towards the end of the argument. Once they had decided to come listening to the smaller one, five ran back to their village leaving Tarful to guide these few through the forest, "First we will stop at the fallen Condor Dragon, and be joined by five Bezzerkers(Warriors), Then we will proceed to the village were the King is recovering from his injuries." At this he turned shaking his head as he led them to the site not far from their current position.

    When they arrived he gave a call to five of the best Bezzerkers at the site to come and follow, upon seeing the group following Tarful they took up defensive possitions around the group, two at the rear, one on either side, one above in the trees, and Tarful leading the prosetion. They walked past the fallen Condor which Tarful took the time as they passed to tell of the King and Whoerls felling of this great beast and of the passing of Whoerl. One at the site raised a call which was carried to the village to warn the king and those their of their immediate guests.

    They took a winding path to make any return by these being more difficult. As they neared the village the Wookie up in the trees above gave a cry of warning, "Vonskyr's! Seven seen from the west!" At this a great call was given the Bezzerkers for aid from the village. As they moved into better positions of defense from this known enemy of the wood. Tarful shouted to the group of guests, "Form a circle facing out, we'll take care of these and prevent as many as possible from reaching you!" He already had his bowcaster out and loaded. Now four Wookies stood on the western flank with Tarful at point, one above a little to the west, and one Bezzerker climbed up to the lowest branch to the east for advance warning of any coming from behind. After a moment of tension shots could be heard from the bowcaster of the wookie above, then finally the Vonskyr's started coming into view jumping over logs and charging not toward the wookies but to the Muriads behind them. The Bezzerkers on either side swung their swords at the Vonskyr's slicing several into large chunks, the one on the left just barely swung in time to remove the head of one flying through the air past him, the body fell with a resounding thud and the head rolled up to the group of Muriads the lips still pulled back in a snarl. Tarful at the head of the group after firing until they were to close began swinging to whack the Vonskyrs with the points on the sides of his crossbow.

    The battle was fierce, the Vonskyr were clever, and not all survived the encounter. At least one wookie layed down that day to his death. Tarful slowly looked around clasping a hand over his left bicep, which now burned from where the poisin tip of Vonskyr had struck. Wookies where now arriving from the village to help, though the help had come to late. Tarful called out to the Muriads as his temp began to rise from the poisin, "Are you all present? Are any wounded?"

    TAG: DarthIntegral/Hyln and Wessez
  21. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Jan 24, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: Sorry all for my serious lack of posting. Some events in the family, as well as a random Easter get together with family(we hadn't done so in years) kept me away from the internet for all of when I could post judgements for the Comic book draft. But I'm back now.

    As always, changed is in red, with the +1 of Logic added already.

    [2]farming
    [1]herding
    [3]fishing
    [4]building
    [3]mining
    [2]culinary
    [0]culture
    [4]politics
    [4]medicine
    [2]education
    [4]logic
    [5]Religion
    [5]weapon forging
    [4]weapon wielding
    [0]animal riding
    [4]armor forging
    [4]strategical thinking
    [4]communication
    [2]trade
    [3]transportation
    [3]boating
    []luck (only given by GM)


    Creep Group

    Coming out of the jungle's trees the child units known as Creeps took to moving in snakelike patterns along the sand. Their bodies hugged the ground as they slithered around. Their eyes, cold and calculating, took in the sites of the area. Constantly they judges their surroundings, looking for sentient life. Looking for something that would be of consequence to report. And so they slithered farther away, and at an increasing speed along the ground, from the jungle.

    Until they reached the strange creature. It looked like a human mixed with a swig, only with green skin. It had an axe laid in front of it as it knelt on the ground. Why this humanoid swig was doing this, the Creeps did not care. They only cared that this appeared to be a sentient creature. One that had acknowledged them. One that had laid its axe to the ground in front of them.

    Silently, they slithered until they surrounded the poor primitive creature. Standing up to their true heights, not more than three feet per each and standing on all fours in their white armor, the Creeps stared and studied the creature. After taking in this strange sight, the Creeps returned to slithering and were gone just as quickly as they had arrived.

    TAG: DI


    Xanadin, Library of Solitude, Castle Oblivion

    Xanadin quickly made his way through book after book, journal after journal. He knew that his teacher had written something about the strange power possessed by Rixak. He had watched the man study it in a number of youths born to the Garden at the time before the Empire. Those had been the first to be killed when he took over. Their strange powers wouldn't allow them to be given implants like the others and they refused to join his cause willingly. So they had to be destroyed. But here it was, another with those strange powers had arisen and yet Xanadin knew nothing.

    He searched for another five hours, the library floor now littered with discarded books, until it caught his eye, Floating Objects, Reading, Controlling, Energy. It was on the cover of a book without a title, written on the cover in black ink by his teacher.

    Floating
    Objects
    Reading
    Controlling
    Energy

    Xanadin quickly scooped up the book from the shelf and ran to the table in the center of the chamber. Xanadin opened up the book, noticing that the writing contained within was all that of his teacher. This was a hand written study of this phenomena and was possibly contained in several volumes, he'd find out soon enough if that was the case.

    It has come to my attention that several children in the village have seen to have lifted objects without touching them. These same children have also been acknowledged to, in some instances, react with surprising reflex, warn others of impending danger, and even to seemingly read the thoughts of others. It is not known what, if any, these occurances have in common with each other and most have called them coincidences and gone on with their lives.

    However, it is of this scholars opinion that these children posses a great power within them. A unifying power that is, indeed, within all of us. However, these children are able to tap into this power within themselves and unleash the true potential of their humanity. I will need closer study with these children in order to further develop this hyp
    />/>
  22. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    trimaj +2 anywhere, +1 religion

    Traex Shodaire Skills

    LIVING
    [4]farming
    [1]herding
    [2]fishing
    [3]building
    [2]mining
    [2]culinary

    14

    ADVANCMENT
    [1]culture
    [2]politics
    [2]medicine
    [2]education
    [1]logic
    [6]religion

    27

    BATTLE
    [5]weapon forging
    [5]weapon wielding
    [0]animal riding
    [0]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking

    39

    INTERACTION
    [3]communication
    [2]trade
    [2]transportation
    [2]boating
    [0]luck (only given by GM)

    48

    +1= Religion
    +1= Anywhere= Weapon Wielding
    +1= Anywhere= Communication

    IC: Traex Shodaire/ Capital City Al'Garra/ in the mountains

    Deimos Odai/ Practice/Meditation Room

    Sometime during the night a great wind had blown nearby, and Deimos knew it was his direction. What he hadn?t anticipated was what he say when he went to his Balcony come morning. The wind had uprooted many trees, which could and would be used for various things, and deposited them in the shape of an arrow. By Besujumal! Aye ne?re thought Aye?d be seeing a day such as thus. He had his direction. It was pointing mainly east, but a little north as well, obviously across the Rolman Lake, named after the creator of boats. Most of the land to the northern edge of the lake was well known, and even populated, but very few had been around the edge to the eastern reaches of it. This was where he was headed? he could feel it in his gut.

    ?Trying ta sneak up on me agin Jurgal?? He chuckled at the consternation that came off his aide and trainer. ?Ye should know better by now me friend.? He motioned for Jurgal to join him, and pointed out the arrow.

    When Jurgal saw it he started. ?Milord, your guidance has been received I think.? He sat and stared for a moment, remembering the wind that had likely woke everyone in Al?Garra up. ?I don?t know what else this could be.?

    Deimos stood for a moment, just looking out over the kingdom, wondering what else was out there. ?Aye, ye do be right. It do be me direction from Esprio. Aye have an assignment fer ye, should ye be willing ta except it.?

    ?Anything, Milord. I am at your disposal, as I have been since you became God King.? Jurgal said. He waited for the request to be made with the utmost patience, as all good warriors would given the circumstances.

    Deimos stood and thought about it for a few more minutes, but he already knew what he was going to do. He had thought about this during his meditations the previous night, and there would be no turning back on his decision. ?Aye do be needing a set o? eyes to watch things ?efore Aye return. Aye?d like fer ye to be the one ta do that fer me Jurgal. Do ye be willing to take this upon yerself? It do be meaning you watch everythin? the other God Kings be doing and telling me about it.?

    ?But, Milord? Don?t you receive all the memories of the other two during your communion with them? What do you need me for?? Jurgal was truly shocked and his voice rose with his surprise, the fur on his face standing out a bit more.

    ?Aye be wanting another perspective me friend. Aye be wanting yer perspective. Aye have reason ta believe that Maghr be hiding things somehow. Aye don?t be know how he be accomplishing it, but he be doing it all the same. Ye need to watch him in perticular, mainly because Aye trust Kulton. He be honorable as always, and he done been helping me as he can.? Deimos sighed. He didn?t like revealing his suspicions to anyone, and he knew Maghr would find out about them unless he could find a way to block it. He was close, he knew that. He was so close with so many things? but that was the way of life. You could be close enough to taste something and never actually get to it. Deimos didn?t want his life to be like that. ?That and Aye be needing a voice while Aye be gone. Ye?re ta be that voice. Ye know me better than any, save the Others. Aye don? be wanting them ta have me vote though.
  23. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4
    Skills:
    [2]farming
    []herding
    []fishing
    [3]building
    [5]mining
    [1]culinary
    [1]culture
    [4]politics
    [1]medicine
    [1]education
    [4]logic
    []Religion
    [5]weapon forging
    [6]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [7]armor forging
    [4]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    []trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating
    []luck (only given by GM)

    +1 Anywhere to building
    +1 Anywhere to logic



    Kaspir City

    It was almost time for the great expedition. Unfortunately, the heavens had other ideas.

    Rains came, washing out entire farms and flooding the streets of Kaspir City with their first downpour. The mining in mountains was not affected by this, instead finding itself the victim of viciously strong winds, forcing operations to temporarily cease until the weather improved. Some whispered that this was a curse of the gods; others, that it was simply bad luck. The very fact that people were turning to religion as an explanation for the recent turn of events worried the nobles. Gods and their worship had never played a prominent role in Kaspirai society, with people being left to decide for themselves whether they would worship a deity or any deity at all, as long as they obeyed the aristocracy first. Now, with their homes destroyed and their crops ruined, their faith in their leaders was wavering.

    Lord Jahuslear called a council of the brightest minds from the four families to discuss the problem and possible solutions. Korunn Raius, the chief architect of his people, took personal charge of the project, spearheading new building works to shelter the citizens from the torrential rain that the city and outlying lands had been forced to suffer. He built countless simple huts and shacks, and used simple wooden roofs to protect them. Krimus Spirasha gathered the farmers and showed them ways of protecting their harvests from the water, by laying large covers down over their fields. For the most part though, the weather simply had to be endured, and the expedition of Nida Raius was delayed, allowing him more time with his new wife Clea, until news came that she was pregnant with their first child, and the House of Raius rejoiced, allowing for some happy news even in such miserable times. Happy news for most, anyway.

    Inside, Lord Jahuslear mused that if there was a god, it was no friend of his.

    Tag: me
    />
  24. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Skills
    []farming
    []herding
    [2]fishing
    [2]building
    [2]mining
    [2]culinary
    []culture
    []politics
    [2]medicine
    [3]education
    [3]logic
    [1]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [4]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [2]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    [1]trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating
    []luck (only given by GM)
    _________________________________________________________________

    IC: Chewbacca
    Clan: Bacca
    Location: Wookie Forest


    The King hobled as fast as he could considering through the woods after the group that was sent to help. He felt for the first time since he was king intense shame and selfblame for what had befallen his people and their guests. This must have been how my father Erthralbacca felt all those times I saw him secretly weep in his private chambers to the Provider for forgiveness and guidance. If I had only known I would have conferted him, but how could I have known this wieght without ever having had experienced it for myself. O Great Provider who provided not only the bounty of harvest but also the troubles of and in the land, protect the visitors to our lands that they may not fall to the cravings of your other beasts. "Guards we fall behind, I slow us down with my pride. Please I beg you not as your king but as one in need, carry me to the site of trouble even if it shall be my undoing."

    Quickly before he had even finished came the grave and somber reply from his four guards, "Yes sir, Eick get the head, Varl get his good arm and side, Birch get his good leg at the thigh and steady his side. I will lead and protect now onward!" Belowed his head bodyguard Marleau.

    Before he even could react they held him withen their mighty arms, running through the woods. When they arrived at the sight Chewbacca motioned with his hand and they lowered him, keeping a hold until he had his crutch firmly planted in the ground. "What happened! Who was n charge?" He called out so all present could hear his voice over the murmur of the healers as they tended to the wounded.

    "They were attacked by Vonskyr's sire", said of the nearby medic's as she slowly rose from tending a few stratches across one of the parties side. "Tarful or' yonder was in charge of the group, he is the one with the bandage over his left arm. And please King Chewbacca try to take it easy, your not even supposed to be doing any journies of any sort out of the village. You've got to give those wounds time to heal or you'll never participate in the next hunt of the Provider."

    "Very well, I will take it easy." replying grufly he moved toward Tarful and the group of Muriads. "I am sorry I could not have welcomed you in the village, and that I could not send help fast enough. Are you and you're people alright?" he asked slowly as he looked from one Muriad to the next not knowing which was the leader of this group of new comers.

    Tarful mearly looked into the kings eyes for a moment before he had to look away in shame. He could see his own sadness and selfloathing there, only multiplied fifty fold. He could not bare to look at the site of his King, for he knew his own foolishness in letting himself be blinded by thoughts of glory had caused him not to bring enough protection for the journey through the forest. His head hung low and his sholders were slumped as low as they could, and he slowly backed away to clear the view of the Muriads for the King and also to hide himself from the King's view.

    TAG: DarthIntegral/Hyln and Wessez
  25. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 6
    OOC: Just to keep ontop of things. Can't post much now.

    []farming
    [2]herding
    []fishing
    []building
    []mining
    []culinary
    [3]culture
    []politics
    []medicine
    []education
    []logic
    [3]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [2]weapon wielding
    [1]animal riding
    [1]armor forging
    [1]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    []trade
    []transportation
    []boating
    [1]luck (only given by GM)


Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.