main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Clarence Winter Fest 2012

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by VideoPrince, Oct 16, 2011.

1. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Yes, I will be there as well.

2. JediHeadBanger97

JediHeadBanger97 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    I'll be there

3. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Updated Cast List:

Janice
    Larry
    Kathleen (crafts)
    Bill
    Michelle
    Peter / Son
    Jon / R2
    Dan (tentative)
    Karen
    Bryan (?)
    Steve and Mary
    Gil (tentative)
    Jr. Loseys
    S Lukasik
    Chris S and Xander
    Norma (table)
    Anna (partial)
    Dave - Anakin (light or dark as needed)

DAY BEFORE UPDATE:
    Larry and Jon will be arriving at 10:00 AM for sound and droid set-up.
    Table and crafts set-up (Janice, Kathleen and Norma) probably around 10:30.
    The festival opens at 12:00 PM, first performance at 12:30, so costumed people should plan for maybe an 11:00 arrival - you know how much time you need to get there and prepare.
    There are new parking restrictions - no parking on the grass, so the later you arrive, the farther away from the club house you will have to park (after you drive up and drop off stuff), so plan accordingly and perhaps carpool.
    We can discuss final clean-up business at the day before meeting.

4. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I won't be wearing vader. Will we have a bad guy for the day?

It appears that we have a number of people helping out of costume. We need to look at what is needed for table help to make sure we don't end up with more people out of costume than we have in costume.

5. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Let me know if i need to be Dooku ASAP. Cause need a few weeks to grow beard out ....

6. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Karen's going as Asajj, guys...

7. MassageVentress

MassageVentress Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2009
    Oooooooo.... Will I be the only Sith among all the Jedi??? Mmmm,well us Night Sisters can handle anything that comes our way. We are more powerful when we're out numbered. But if Dooku is in his PJ's, I might become a little weak and distracted [face_blush]

8. VideoPrince

May 31, 2002
    We will have Janice as the Emperor as needed, but if Steve wants to do Dooku, that's OK.
    Either character is welcome.

9. Doubleblade86

Doubleblade86 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2009
    I should be there. Count me in as Anakin for now. Dark Anakin if needed.

10. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Since we're not exclusively a costuming group I don't really see that being a huge issue, though I see the value of having a fair amount of costumed participants there.

For non-costumed folks, we'll just need to make sure there are things to do. Chris does bring up a valid point that it may not be helpful to have a ton of people behind the NR table. If you're unsure how to help, perhaps you'd be interested in doing the following:

-Checking in with Kathleen to see if she would like help with running the craft table, and helping the kids make Star Wars crafts.
    -Taking photos/video of the event for us (obviously you'd need your own camera or make sure someone else is bringing one for you to use).
    -Holding donation buckets, and politely asking for donations to Compass House.

11. MilosMom

MilosMom Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 27, 2009
    By my count there will only be 4, perhaps 5 non costumed people. The crafts were very popular last year and three people would be very helpful since each stick puppet has several (but easy) parts. We might even be able to use 4 , 2 for Yoda and 2 for Vader. Trust me, we non costumed will keep busy.

Kathleen

12. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    ill will put in for the day off, but wont know until the friday before the event if i have it off. so i will have to be tentative until then.

chris, could i use the guard for this?

13. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    AT this time I am unsure if I will make this event. Please put me down as tentative. I will also be Greivous if I do come making there be another bad guy with a saber to throw into the mix.

14. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Please put me down as tentative as well... I'm not sure that I'm able to make this.

15. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002

I am in fact working a performance at 2pm that afternoon, there would be no point in me trying to make it out to Clarence, as I would literally have to turn around the moment I get there. Enjoy folks!!

16. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I am out for this. Work shipped me out of state for the next 10 days. I am sorry to be missing this.

I made arrangements with Steve (Chewy) to grab the banner and both stands for the event.

17. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    I can help out with the crafts and come non-costumed if that would be a bigger help. Just let me know at the meeting.

18. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Not looking like much of a winter fest without some snow.... hope atleast cold enough for the ice rink to freeze and can use my skates

19. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    its looking like i will not be able to make this one, ill know for sure tomorrow.

20. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I won't be able to make it this year :(

21. VideoPrince

May 31, 2002
    DAY BEFORE UPDATE:
    Larry and Jon will be arriving at 10:00 AM for sound and droid set-up.
    Table and crafts set-up (Janice, Kathleen and Norma) probably around 10:30.
    The festival opens at 12:00 PM, first performance at 12:30, so costumed people should plan for maybe an 11:00 arrival - you know how much time you need to get there and prepare.
    There are new parking restrictions - no parking on the grass, so the later you arrive, the farther away from the club house you will have to park (after you drive up and drop off stuff), so plan accordingly and perhaps carpool.

22. JediHeadBanger97

JediHeadBanger97 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    I'm willing to help with whatever is needed

23. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Nice event.

Thanks for all of your time and effort in organizing this event yet again Larry and Janice.

I had a fun time working at the craft table!

24. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Good event, everyone! Thank you to everyone who put in the legwork leading up to the event. It definitely made things run smoothly today.

25. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I am sorry I could not make it today but my one Padawan started running a fever.... should make for an interesting week.

Sounds like it was a great event and some photos are popping up on FB. Great job everyone!!