main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clarifying photo ops

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by PAULMOSESJR, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAULMOSESJR

PAULMOSESJR Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Please allow me to clarify about photos taken at SW Celebration II. Anyone can take a photo of their favorite star ( guest ) at the Celebration with their own camera. Photos will only be allowed to be taken of guests in a selected photo area at the Celebration. Photos of Guests will not be allowed to be taken in the autograph area. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings. Thank you.

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    This is not meant to be negative in any way, but how should we expect this to be enforced? Or do you mean that we can't take pictures WITH the celebrities in the autograph area? I can't imagine security trying to take cameras away from all those fans that might be snapping photos of their favorite celebs as they sign photos (and not necessarily signing a photo for them either, hence zoom lens).

3. blackfire2015

blackfire2015 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    I think what they mean is that you cannot get you photo taken with them in the autograph area. Only in designated area.

4. PAULMOSESJR

Apr 24, 2002
    You are correct Sir.

5. Dark_Elling

Dark_Elling Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    So after waiting for what will likely end up being 1 to 2 hours for an autograph, we can not have a friend snap a photo of myself watching Dave sign his name?

If so, does this apply to video cameras?

Are we (you and Dave) concerned about the flashing, the disruption in the flow of the line when everyone and their dog will want to take a photo or is this a potential revenue issue, i.e. if we take our own photo then who will pay you to have it down for $20?

Since you seem to be in the know, do you know if video cameras are even allowed in the autograph area?

Lastly, since I have your attention, the photos of Dave and ourself that you can take by yourself, for $20, where and when will those be taken?

Thank you in advance for your response, even though I am sure I won't like what I am going to here.

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I imagine photos with you and the actor in the same frame are ok, but they won't get up and pose with you.

7. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    The press release at seetwo.com (C2Ventures - sponsors of the autograph setup) states no pictures. They want the lines to move. I don't know how strict they're going to be but I would guess if no photography is posted they expect people to cooperate.

I forget what else it said but something about other photo ops.

Carolyn

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    No photos period is unenforcable. I think what they don't want is the celeb getting up and posing with the fans. I cannot see C2 having a problem with somebody snapping a shot of a fan standing in front of an actor while the actor is signing his or her name.

9. PAULMOSESJR

Apr 24, 2002
    No one will pay me for any thing or any photo. I am charging nothing for any photos. SW Celebration II will have a separate designated room for you to have your photo taken with the stars ( guests ) and will have signs posted telling everyone where cameras , video cameras will be allowed and where cameras , video cameras will not be allowed. I again will not be charging anything for any photo in any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.