main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clash of the Canon Wars!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SaberGiiett7, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I believe it is high-time we have an official thread that encompasses a question pertaining to EU buffs against Purist buffs.

Was the force at Endor a considerable amount of the Imperial forces, or just a token portion of a navy that conists of thousands of Star Destroyers?

I take the side of the Purists on this one. The reason why is that Return of the Jedi was meant to assure a sense of closure to the Galactic Empire's tyrannical rule of the galaxy.

Why else would the planet of Coruscant be celebrating? Dancing in the streets, toppling statues of Palpatine, fireworks, et cetera. Obviously the ending marked the victory of the Rebel Alliance.

If the Empire had an insanely-sized fleet, then the struggle for freedom would have continued on. The Rebels only had a tiny flotilla of battleships.

It is feasible that the Imperial territory would have partitioned between various admirals and generals because of the power vacuum left in the wake of Palpatine's death, but even so, wouldn't the Rebel Alliance still have been crushed?

<[-]> Saber

TLJ Edit: Excuse me? You want to start an official canon war thread? I don't think so. Besides, the topic you chose bears a striking resemblance to the one discussed late in this thread - and it's done in a civil way, too :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.