main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Clashing Forces I; The Impending Doom-AU Post-YJK J/Z J/TK (Postie!!! Dec 2!!! Zekkiness!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sword_Of_The_Jedi, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Sword_Of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2003
    Title; Clashing Forces I; The Impending Doom
    By; Sword_Of_The_Jedi (with help from Elven_Jedi_Maiden :D)
    Pairings; Jaina/Zekk
    Jacen/Tenel Ka
    OC/???
    Disclaimer; Anything in this fic that you recognize belongs to George Lucas, or the authors of the SW books,even though I wish I could take credit for all of it. However, several of the characters in this story came from my imagination and belong to me, like Ambassador Ledell and Kirste Relina. Anyways, I hope you like it!

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away?

STAR WARS:
    Clashing Forces

The New Republic is sending a group of Luke Skywalker?s Jedi to the Unknown Regions as ambassadors to the Chiss, where they will be received by Soontir Fel and his family. Meanwhile, Luke and several other Jedi are on their way to the Imperial Remnant on the planet Bastion. While on one of the planets in Chiss territory, Mara, Tenel Ka, and Jaina Solo have learned of an unnerving surprise awaiting Luke and the other Jedi?one that could mean an end to the New Republic and the Jedi themselves.

2. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    If anyone is interested in this story, please review and tell me what you think. I should have the first post up soon. Oh, and I might need a beta if people start to read this fic...anyone interested??? *cute puppy dog face* Pretty, pretty pleas??? If you're interested, just let me know.

3. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh, this sounds really cool! I love J/TK. [face_love]

If you decide you need a beta I'd love to help. :D

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Please a postie!!! Can we have a J/J relationship? They are perfect for each other. I won't mind if it's J/Z but I'd prefer a J/J. No J/K!!! Nasty. Sorry. Anyway~ This sounds awesome, I can't wait until your first postie!!

5. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    *Jumps up and down*
    Yaaaay!!!
    I have a reader!!!
    Elven_Jedi_Maiden-
    Thank you sooooo much, I might just take you up on that! :D :D :D

Here's the first post! It's a prelude to the rest of the story and doesn't have much of any of the characters expcept for one. Or maybe two, you never know! :D

Prelude; The Dream

The dark only seemed to increase the faster she ran, but, too horrified to slow down, she continued to flee from her pursuit. Branches snapped behind her, spurring her into an even more heightened sense of terror. Her breaths coming in short gasps, her legs burning and wearied by her long flight, she finally collapsed, unable to go any farther. The sounds of pursuit slowed, her stalker knowing that she could go no farther. Fear gave her senses heightened perception as the hunted turned to face the hunter. She could see no sign that her pursuer had exerted any effort in following her in her mad flight of terror. His breathing was shallow, and, though his face was in shadow, she knew that no drops of sweat blurred his vision as it did hers. Summoning the last of her courage, she raised her chin in defiance. The dark figure, seeming amused by her futile gesture, reached a hand out as if to tough her cheek. She recoiled, and the figure seemed disappointed. He spoke, his mocking voice sounding like he was standing a great distance from her, instead of directly over her. "You still don?t understand, do you?" She flinched, as his unknown, yet familiar, voice reached her ears. "Fleeing is useless when you run towards what you fear." Swallowing the lump in her throat, she demanded him to step into the light. His laughter sent chills down her back. She couldn?t understand how a sound that represented happiness could sound so cold and evil. She shuddered as he spoke again. "But I like the dark. And besides, don?t you know me, Jaya?" She gasped in surprise as the figure uttered the nickname that so few knew, then, trembling, looked at the shadowed face with growing dread and whispered one word of question. "Why?" Again the ominous figure laughed, then answered her. "Because you failed." "No," she cried in denial. "You?re wrong!" "Am I?" the figure asked. Unable to answer, her sobbing seemed enough of an answer to the shadowed figure, who slowly faded into nothing. As she continued to cry and her surroundings grew darker, she could feel the pain of loved ones dying, their calls for help. She saw her brother holding onto the edge of a cliff, calling to her, his eyes pleading. At her shoulder, she could feel the presence of her dark pursuer. She felt torn between the life of her brother, and the unspoken promise of the presence beside her. Her brother began losing his grip, and she started from her trance-like state in horror. "No!" She ran to the side of the cliff and reached, too late, to grab his hand. The intense look of disappointment in his eyes broke her heart when his fingertips slipped from her desperate grasp. She stared, incapable of looking away, as her brother fell farther and farther into the dark chasm of?[/1]

"No!" Tears running unheeded down her face, Jaina Solo woke to find her self in her own room on the planet Coruscant, far from the jungle setting of her terrible flight.
    It was just a dream, she thought to herself, Just another dream.

So, what do you think? It starts out kind of weird, I know, but it gets better. Can you guess who the "dark figure" is?

6. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    Jaina_and_Jag-
    Hello! I have two readers! I'm so happy! :D
    I don't think that there'll be much J/K in this fic. There will probably be some J/J and quite a bit of J/Z. I'll probably pair Jag with someone though.

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I have to agree with you, it's weird. lol. It looks pretty good though. I can't wait until that's cleared up. :) So you're a J/Zer? As you can tell I'm all for J/J, I don't really care for the J/Z stuff but it's okay of it has to be that way. ;)

8. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    Wow... I don't think it was that wierd. Just awesome! The image of losing her brother over a cliff was particularly vivid. *shivers* Was it Jacen or Anakin? Or are we not supposed to know yet?

Can you guess who the "dark figure" is?

Hmmm... Anakin? Jacen? Zekkie?

There will probably be some J/J and quite a bit of J/Z.

There'll be J/Z!?! Yes!!! *dances around happily*
    I don't really like Jag much, though I generally find him more tolerable in fanfics than in the actual books. :D

Thank you sooooo much, I might just take you up on that!

Hee hee, you're welcome! If you decide you need one just drop me a PM. :D

9. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I think the dark figure is Anakin and the the hanging from the cliff is Jacen. :) MORE! :p

10. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    Jaina_and_Jag;

Don't worry, Jag will be in this fic, he just won't play as important a role as Zekk will.

Elven_Jedi_Maiden;

[face_blush] Thanks [face_blush]

Was it Anakin or Jacen? Or are we not supposed to know yet?
    [face_mischief] You'll find out. :D

I don't really like Jag much, though I generally find him more tolerable in fanfics than in the actual books.

I think that's because he's a little too perfect in the books. He doesn't seem to posses many weaknesses, which makes him predictable and somewhat uninteresting. I don't dislike him as a character, but I think that (if the NJO authors hadn't messed him up so badly) Zekk would be much better for Jaina. I'd like to see Jag fall in love with someone else. ;)

JediMasterKobe

Welcome!!!

:D Maybe, maybe not. :D

MORE!
    lol, I'll try and get the next post up as soom as I can.

11. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    A quick question for my readers; Would you prefer that I post shorter posts more often, or longer posts less often?

12. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    He doesn't seem to posses many weaknesses, which makes him predictable and somewhat uninteresting. I don't dislike him as a character, but I think that (if the NJO authors hadn't messed him up so badly) Zekk would be much better for Jaina. I'd like to see Jag fall in love with someone else.

Yeah, that's it exactly. Jag is really more boring than hateful, and he deserves a good woman to warm him up a little. Just not Jaina. 8-}
    Zekk IS much better for her. :D

Would you prefer that I post shorter posts more often, or longer posts less often?

Hmmm... I say shorter posts more often. :D

13. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    I don't care if it's j/j, k/j or z/j. i like all three!

cool start. when's the next post?

Jez

14. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    Jez:

Wow! Another reader!

when's the next post?

Soon. ;) Probably tomorrow. :)

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    ooh...cool! my guess is that it's a: Zekk (all my votes here, hun :D as long as he's not the icky kind of sith like brakiss in RotJ), or b: jacen :D [face_devil]

and as for posting...eyuh. just go with what you have -- if a scene is long, put it up. if you only have a little that's currently acceptable, put that up. but it really depends on your working schedule/lifestyle :p

wow...i actually sounded, like, smart there for a minute... :eek: :p ;) [face_laugh]

~TJF

16. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    TJF:

If I told you who it was, then it wouldn't be a surprise, would it? ;)

And if you weren't smart, you wouldn't be able to write a fanfic as amazing as RotJ is. ;) :D

Everybody:

lol, guess what I have? [face_mischief] :D

Chapter 1

As Han Solo led Wedge Antilles to the main hanger at the Jedi Academy, he heard his wife?s voice proclaiming in pleading tones, "I don?t like this anymore than you do, but it could mean an alliance with the Chiss even if negotiations with Bastion fail."

A voice that Han recognized as his brother-in-law?s responded to Leia?s pleading, "I realize that, but I?m not sure that now is a good time to assemble a team of Jedi. Almost all of the fully trained Jedi are scattered all over the galaxy doing what they were trained to do, and I need the rest to stay here at the academy to watch the trainees. It would simply take too long to get enough Jedi together for what the New Republic is proposing."

As Han and Wedge rounded the nearest ship, the Shadow Chaser, Luke noticed their presence with a smile.

"Han, would you please tell your wife that she asks the impossible?"

Han shook his head regretfully, and said, "Sorry, kid, but it won?t work. Trust me, I tell her that all the time, and she never listens." Leia just rolled her eyes.

Wedge turned to Luke with a look of apology. "Sorry, Luke," he said. "But I have to side with Leia on this one. You know that this mission is very important to the New Republic and the chances of pulling it with Jedi around are a lot better than the chances we?d have without your help."

"Well," put in Han, "Which Jedi do you expect will be available? You heard Luke, not many of the Jedi are around right now."

Wedge sighed. "Can?t you think of something, Luke?" Wedge shook his head. "And I?m afraid the mission can?t be postponed. The Remnant is expecting us to be there at a certain time, and we need the other team to be in the Unknown Regions before then."

"That doesn?t give us much time." commented Luke. "But maybe?" His voice trailed off and he looked as if he were deep in thought.

"Maybe what?" Leia prodded. Luke shook himself from his revere, and looked at companions as he replied, "It would be risky, but?" he paused. "Some of the older trainees are almost Jedi Knights. They might be able to handle the mission well enough."

Seeing Han and Leia?s alarmed looks, he added, "Under the supervision of a full-fledged Jedi, of course."

Leia still looked somewhat skeptical, and Han wasn?t liking the idea at all. Finally, Wedge broke the awkward silence that followed Luke?s comment, "Do you think they?re ready to take on a mission of this much importance?"

Luke chuckled. "They?ve proven that they work well under this kind of pressure, or have you forgotten the incidents involving the Second Imperium, Diversity Alliance, and Black Sun?"

Wedge smiled. "No, I remember. Those youngsters did a pretty good job of taking care of themselves?and the New Republic."

"Are you serious!" Han cried out in disbelief. "You?d send my children into the middle of Imperial territory? Have you both gone mad!?!"

"Actually, Han," Leia?s calm voice startled Han into silence. "They?re both right." She looked up and met Han?s incredulous stare. "It?s the only way we can pull off this mission. We have to risk it."

Han sighed, defeated. "Well," he said. "I never could argue with a lady."

The corners of Leia?s mouth lifted in wry amusement. "Oddly, I don?t seem to recall that having been one of your traits. In fact, I think it?s usually quite the opposite."

Han lifted his chin proudly. "I try to learn from my mistakes, sweetheart."

Leia snorted. "I wish."

Han looked insulted. "What?s that supposed to mean?"

I owe a big thanks to Elven_Jedi_Maiden for her help. :)

Elven_Jedi_Maiden:

Thank you!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

TJF:

a ...

or maybe b [face_mischief]

17. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    Hee hee, you're welcome!!!! I feel so special now. [face_blush] :D

Han lifted his chin proudly. "I try to learn from my mistakes, sweetheart."

Leia snorted. "I wish."

My favorite line, hands down. :D

18. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    O.O

_._

O.O

THAT'S IT?!?!

SOTJ!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

I DON'T DEAL WITH SUSPENCE VERY WELL!!!!

MERCY!!!

*pleads*

19. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    Elven_Jedi_Maiden:

My favortite line, hands down.

Mine too. :)

Agent_Jaid:

So does that mean you like it? :)

[face_laugh]

I'll try and get the next post done as soon as possible. :)

20. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    So does that mean you like it?

Of COURSE!!!! :p

PLEASE PUT ZEKK WITH JAINA!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

*is on knees begging*

21. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    NO MORE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D

22. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    But, or course, I had to get sick.
    I'm starting to feel better, so I can work on the next post. I might even have it ready by tonight, if I can.

23. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    so I can work on the next post. I might even have it ready by tonight, if I can.

Yay! :D

But, or course, I had to get sick.

Oh, I know how much that stinks. :( Hope you feel better soon!

24. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    Well, here's the next post. :)

The young security officer walked calmly and assuredly down the hall with quick, even, steps that betrayed none of the worried thoughts racing through his mind.

As he reached the elaborate doors that stopped him from continuing, he appeared calm and at ease. The only hint of his extreme apprehension was how his hand trembled slightly when he reached up to key in the codes that would allow him passage to the chambers within.

The correct codes having been input, the doors slid aside to reveal the home-away-from-home to the Nubian Ambassador, Ledell. With his shoulders back, he walked proudly into the room looking confident and not at all out of his element. A quick glance around as the doors shut behind him, and Jovan Megal had the entire room mentally mapped out.

A few meters in front of him were several steps that lead to the dais on which stood the Ambassador?s desk. To the left of the desk stood the doors beyond which contained the Ambassador?s private quarters.

After locking the doors behind him to lessen the chance of interruption, Jovan glanced around the room again before cautiously making his way to the desk. He knew that this room was full of booby traps to discourage any unwanted guests, but Jovan?s high level admittance codes temporarily deactivated them, so that he could take a step without worry of being vaporized, or losing some important body part.

A sound behind him made his heart skip a beat. Whirling to face whatever threat had been overlooked in his careful planning, Jovan drew his blaster and dropped into a crouch from which he could easily attack or, if needed, dodge any unfriendly advances.

Scanning the dark room, Jovan slowly straightened, a puzzled scowl on his face. There was nothing there. Shaking his head, and knowing he shouldn?t let his imagination run away with him, even knowing the Ambassador?s track record with the other guests sent by Jovan?s employer, he refocused and continued to the desk.

Once at the desk, he accessed the computer terminal and used his security codes to gain admittance to all of the Ambassador?s files.

He sorted through the abundant data, until he found what he was looking for. The location of the next meeting place of the Ambassador, and the unknown rogue whose knowledge could prevent the brilliant plan hatched by Jovan?s employer from succeeding.

Quickly memorizing the coordinates, his gaze traveled to where he knew the Ambassador slept peacefully. How had the Ambassador prevented so many others from gaining this knowledge? Jovan thought the process had been relatively simple.

The coordinates firmly implanted in his memory, he headed towards the door with his head held high. All those others must have truly been fools, to have failed so simple a task. Jovan, young though he was, had completed harder tasks before in his short career.

"Leaving so soon?"

Jovan whirled to face the owner of the voice that had startled him so much, but there was no one else in the room. The voice had been feminine, and somewhat amused.

Shivering, Jovan hurried towards the doors, eager to leave the room that now seemed haunted. He had almost reached them when a sound behind him made him realize that he was not alone. His spine straightened and he turned to face Ambassador Ledell.

The Ambassador seemed like a statue, so still she was, with her face ornately painted and, therefore, disguised. Jovan could almost feel her emotionless gaze penetrate his exterior to regard the secrets in his heart.

He barely noticed the two shadows behind Ledell that could only be her handmaidens, watching him carefully from the depths of their dark hooded robes. Jovan started to draw his blaster, but if shot Ledell, the handmaidens would immediately sound the alarm and any chance of escape would be shattered.

Her eyes noticed his movements and a light of amusement seemed to spark in her eyes. She knew as well as he did that shooting her would condemn him to whatever punishment Queen Jerica th

25. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    Hmmm... could Ambassador Ledell be force sensetive?

I really like how this is going. :D I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.