main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Clashing Forces I; The Impending Doom-AU Post-YJK J/Z J/TK (Postie!!! Dec 2!!! Zekkiness!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sword_Of_The_Jedi, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    excellent portrayal of jacen and tk -- that's exactly how i remember them :D and poor jaina...angsting over zekk...such a evil writer, you are, Sword [face_devil] ;)

so...the YJKs are going on a mission, are they? why do i sense a meeting with zekk on the horizon? :p

~TJF

2. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Sword_Of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2003
    TJF:

excellent portrayal of jacen and tk -- that's exactly how i remember them

*is proud* :D

and poor jaina...angsting over zekk...such a evil writer, you are, Sword

*nods* Yes, poor Jaina. [face_mischief]

Thank you. [face_blush] [face_devil]

so...the YJKs are going on a mission, are they? why do i sense a meeting with zekk on the horizon?

I wonder what would give you that idea? :confused: [face_mischief]

Everyone:

:)

New post.

"There is something on your mind, Master Skywalker." Ledell stated.

Mara raised her eyebrows and said somewhat defensively, "What makes you think that the thoughts of a Jedi Master are any of your concern?"

Luke expected Ledell to say that she had not asked what was on his mind, only commented on her observation of his words and actions.

Ledell surprised him, and Luke could feel that it wouldn?t be that last time she would say something unexpected. He also felt that Ledell?s unpredictability would prove vital, although he did not know to what or how.

Ledell turned her expressionless gaze on Mara. "It is my concern if the Jedi Master wants me to know his thoughts."

Luke cut off Mara?s angry retort. "And why do you believe that I want you to know what is on my mind?"

"If you did not, I would not be here."

She?s right, Luke thought, amused. But she didn?t need to know that. Not quite yet.

Again, the young Nubian ambassador turned to Mara. "It is true. You know your husband well enough to see that."

Mara paused for a moment, realizing the truth in the statement, then her eyes narrowed to slits. "And you know he wants to tell you what?s on his mind how?"

"It is the only logical explanation." The ambassador said slowly, and Luke noticed how she always spoke in a soft voice and always sounded firm and intelligent. Her voice was, like her face, inscrutable. And Luke found that she managed to keep serene not only on the outside, but inside as well. Her emotions were nearly a blank slate, conveying nothing but calm.

At the questioning gazes she received, she continued, her guard paying close attention to her words. Luke wondered if he knew how Ledell had reached her conclusion, or if his attentiveness stemmed from his ignorance as did Luke and Mara?s.

"You sent one of your trainees to bring me here, to your office for a meeting with the young Jedi who will be joining us for the mission into Imperial territory and sent Jedi Tionne to find them after I arrived here. That would indicate that you have something to say to me before your trainees arrive."

Luke smiled, but couldn?t help noticing that her explanation sounded almost fake, as though she had made it up. Reaching out through the Force, however, he sensed nothing to indicate that her explanation was anything short of the truth and decided that he had simply imagined it.

Mara was obviously impressed. "Very good. And I suppose that you haven?t asked what is on his mind because you know that you?ll find out anyway."

Ledell directed her answer at Luke. "Had you decided against telling me, then that would have been your choice." She said, "Prompting would serve little purpose."

"It might have shortened your wait." Luke commented, his head tilted to one side in a questioning manner.

"Patience is a virtue one must learn in order to survive the world of politics."

"Even if the wait is unnecessary?" he asked.

"There is a fine line between patience, and cowardliness." The young politician said,

"Patience is to wait until it is wise to act. If you are afraid to act, you wait not out of wisdom, but of fear and you will not act at the right moment."

"You almost sound like a Jedi Masters." Mara cut in, wryly. "Spouting wisdom at every turn." She looked at Luke mockingly.

Luke pointed at himself and looked mildly offended, which brought an indulgent smile to his wife?s lips.

When he looked at Ledell, he thought he saw a glimmer of emotion, perhaps amusement

3. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    What!?! No replies? Hmmm, did I forget to tell everyone that I posted?

4. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    *rushes into thread*

*trips over a stuffed ewok*

Ouch!

I'm here!

Great post. :)

5. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Ah, does it have to do with a certain cyborg?

Up!

6. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    Great Work!

More please!!! :D

7. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    Great Job!!!!!

More please...!!!! :D

8. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    JediMasterKobe:

*rushes into thread*

*trips over a stuffed ewok*

Ouch!

*winces in sympathy*

I'm here!

I'm glad. :)

Great post.

*blushes*

Awww, thanks.

Pelranius:

:confused:

Lieutenant_Jaina:

Thank you. [face_blush]

Everyone:

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I've been pretty busy, but I'm working on the next post now.

9. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    OK, EJM has not seen this post, but, since it's been almost a month since the last update, I'm posting it anyways.

~~~~~~~~~

Looking hesitant, as though not wanting to interrupt, Jacen Solo waited for Luke?s permission to enter. At Luke?s gesture, Jacen entered the room, followed closely by Raynar Thul, Lusa, and Tenel Ka. Jacen?s sister entered last, and the door slid shut behind her. Luke quietly assessed the moods of the young Jedi now standing before him. Jacen still seemed somewhat nervous, a feeling that was echoed in Lusa, who stamped her hooves to alleviate some of the energy that stemmed from her discomfort. Raynar seemed impatient, his sigh, though, was exaggerated. The young wookie Lowbacca seemed only curious, and the warrior women Tenel Ka waited patiently for Luke to speak. Jaina, Luke noticed, seemed aloof and unconcerned, as though nothing taking place had any importance. Luke suddenly sensed some deeper emotion in her, but it was gone as quickly as it had come and he had no chance to identify it.

Later, he told himself.

"Thank you all for coming here so quickly." Luke said to the teenagers.

There was a pause, as Luke waited for a response. The young Jedi, except for Jaina, whose face was almost bored in it?s blankness, looked at each other in an attempt to decipher the reason that they were there.

Unsurprisingly, it was Raynar who broke the silence. "Master Skywalker," the Alderaanian said. "Why are we here."

Luke smiled patiently at Raynar, and looked expectantly at Mara. Mara frowned and pointed to herself. At Luke?s nod, she rolled her eyes and looked at the ceiling, muttering something under her breath about farmboys and how they could drive people crazy.

Mara looked at the trainees in front of her with an arched eyebrow. "Any guesses?"

Silence.

Mara rolled her eyes again.

"The mission."

All eyes turned to Jaina.

"The mission," Jaina said, slowly, her eyes downcast, her expression resigned. "that Uncle Luke?s been alluding to almost since we got back from Coruscant."

Luke nodded. Raynar turned to Jaina. "Lucky guess." he accused.

Lowie growled at Raynar to be quiet at the same moment Lusa nudged him. Poor Raynar was clearly outnumbered, and he fell silent.

"So," Jacen asked, "What is this mission about anyways?"

Together, Luke, Mara, Tynan, and Ledell outlined the plan for the young Jedi knights.

~~~~~~~~~

I haven't writtent the next post yet but when I do finish it (which should be today or tomorrow) would someone like to fill in for my beta until she gets back?

10. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    *raises hand quickly*

Ow! I strained me arm! :p

I volunteer! :D

Great, short postie. :)

11. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Hehehehe....

I loved the part where Mara threated to use Luke's clearence codes. :D

That was priceless!!

I'd off to do it for you SotJ but I'm on a really annoying computer and I'm afraid that this is going to be too difficult to deal with.

I'm sorry. :(

Great posties by the way. :D

12. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    JediMasterKobe:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Agent_Jaid:

Hehehehe....

I loved the part where Mara threated to use Luke's clearence codes.

That was priceless!!

*is proud*

I'd off to do it for you SotJ but I'm on a really annoying computer and I'm afraid that this is going to be too difficult to deal with.

I'm sorry.

That's okay, I understand.

Great posties by the way.

Thanks! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"We plan to open negotiations with the Chiss and the Empire." Luke told the surprised teenagers.

"It has been rumoured," Mara continued, "That the Empire has gotten it?s hands on another one of the Emperor?s secrets and the New Republic wants to make sure that we?re at peace with them so that they won?t use whatever it is on us."

"The New Republic will send a group of diplomats and Jedi to Bastion as an offer of friendship," said Luke.

Jacen tilted his head quizzically. "What about the Chiss," he asked. "Where do they fit in?"

Luke looked at the Nubian woman, who slowly blinked at him then turned to the young Jedi. "If negotiations with the Empire were to fail, the Chiss would be a powerful ally."

Raynar gave the Ambassador his full attention, "Aren?t the Chiss part of the Empire? And who are you, anyway?" he said, looking the woman over critically.

Jacen heard Mara snort at Raynar?s lack of tact and his uncle said, "I seem to have forgotten to introduce you all to Ambassador Ledell. My trainees, meet the representative from Naboo, Ambassador Ledell, and her head of security, Captain Tynan."

Jacen looked at the security officer briefly, then his gaze went back to the Ambassador, who had inexplicably caught his attention. The Ambassador?s face was painted in a way that without the paint, it would be nearly impossible to recognize her, but Jacen sensed that there was something else about her that had spiked his curiosity. Reaching out through the force, Jacen sensed only mild interest in the young woman. He reached deeper, and suddenly he could not understand why the Nubian had captured his attention in the first place. Her ornamental face, while interesting to look at, must be the product of vanity, and her lack of any emotions worthy of mentioning meant that she must be boring.

Uncle Luke turned to introduce the young Jedi to the Nubians. "Ambassador, Captain, meet Jacen Solo, Lusa, Raynar Thul, Tenel Ka, Lowbacca, and Jaina Solo." Luke gestured to each young Jedi as he said there names and Ledell acknowledged them all with a slight nod. If Luke noticed how the Nubian?s eyes seemed to pause on Jaina for a moment, he gave no reaction.

"And no," Jacen?s uncle continued. "The Chiss aren?t a part of the Empire."

"Not technically." Mara said under her breath.

"It is true that the Chiss tend to side with the Empire more often than not." Luke acknowledged.

"Which means that an alliance with the Chiss would be hard to obtain, but priceless once achieved." Tenel Ka stated.

Lusa looked at the Jedi Master with brows drawn together in a frown. "Master Skywalker," she said, carefully. "It sounds more like two missions then one."

"You could look at it that way, but the objective of both missions is the same. Peace." Luke said. "If we succeed in negotiations with the Empire, then our goal is partially met. If we succeed in gaining the Chiss as allies, then even if we don?t succeed with the Empire, anyone would think twice before attacking the New Republic. An alliance with the Chiss might prove invaluable."

"Master Skywalker," Tenel Ka said, "I am curious?who will go to Bastion and who will go to the Unknown Regions?"

Jacen saw the his uncle look at the Nubian ambassador, he couldn?t remember what Luke had said her name was, before answering. "We?re not sure, yet." He admitted. "If you have any suggestions, now would be the time to bring them up."

"Well," Jacen said slowly, "What do we know about the Chiss."

"Not that much. They are a very milit

13. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Great posts, Sword! Looking foward to more!!

:D

~Ambyr-Rose~

14. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

WAHOO!!! :D I LOVE TENEL KA!!! :D

But I don't really like this ambassador person.. She's makeing me anxious... :( Can you kill her soon?.....

15. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Oh, hello over there. What I meant by a "certain cyborg" was none other than Shira Brie, aka Lady Lumiya. I just hope the little secret isn't another superweapon.

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    interesting person ledell, let's see if we can get a closer look *tries to peek into ledell's mind with the force and gets a mind-number* what a boring person.......... *rolls eyes* :p

interesting few chapters :cool: poor jay... *pats jaina on the head*

:p

~TJF

17. Angel_Jaid

Angel_Jaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003
  18. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose:

Awww, thanks! [face_blush]

Agent_Jaid:

Tenel Ka is great, isn't she?

And why would you be anxious? *halo appears over head (supported by horns)*

Pelranius:

Ahhhhh, I see.

Secret super weapon!?!? Who told you? They lied!!! There won't be any super weapons in this fic...Well, no more than a few. [face_devil]

TJF:

Yes, poor Jaina. [face_mischief]

Boring? Hmmmm, I must do something about that... *looks too innocent*

Angel_Jaid:

Thanks for the up!

Soooo, what's it like being a clone?

19. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    *sadly ups fic*

I'm so sorry! :_|
    I'll try and have another post ready soon! :(

Please don't abandon this fic! :( :( :(

20. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Angel_Jaid says to tell you that it's not as much fun as being an original since, as a clone, she can only show up when I'm at a different computer.

Which is rare.

Baisically, it sucks. :D

21. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    I'm confused. :confused:

Jaid said: Angel_Jaid says to tell you that it's not as much fun as being an original since, as a clone, she can only show up when I'm at a different computer.

22. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Angel_Jaid is my clone so I just asked "her" how she felt about it and she let me post it for her. :p

23. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    Oh, I get it now...I thought you said that you said or something like that. [face_blush]

24. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    OK, everyone...what do you want to see in the next post?

25. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Feb 2, 2003
    I want to know so that I'll have some ideas for the next post...anyone have any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.