main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Class Action Lawsuit in Your Favor - Collect 30% at K-B Toys

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Just an fyi, from 10/8/03 - 10/14/03 all purchases over $30 made at a K-B toys store will be 30% off due to a class action settlement. If you've been holding off on that big toy purchase or video game system, now's the time. With the recent Gamecube price drop, you can get a new system for $70! An Xbox with Clone Wars and Tetris Worlds for $126. How can you possibly resist?

See the full details here.

2. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Very easy to resist...

Per KB Toys instore advertising of the "sale"...

Excluded items are Video games, systems and accessories, gift cards and the B&W LCD video player they just started selling.

Oh, and to top it off, they have actually gone in and raised the prices on a few things. Star Wars figures are one item which saw a price jump. From $1.99 TO $2.99... Gasp, a 30% increase...

I wonder if there will be a new lawsuit based on the price jump right before the "sale"

-Gary

3. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Cads... Well, I haven't been in store to see how they're promoting it. There's no mention of excluding any specific items, so I'd speak to the manager if I were consider going. I can't comment on the increase in prices about action figures because I don't know what they were going for. The lawsuit text does say "qualifying" purchases, but doesn't detail what that is. What a world that we let the sentenced choose the terms of the sentence...

TERMS OF THE PROPOSED SETTLEMENT

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Stipulation, Defendants will create a Settlement Fund for the benefit of the Class in the total amount of Three Million United States Dollars ($3,000,000.00) via a bookkeeping entry. A portion of the Settlement Fund will be used for certain administrative expenses, i.e., the costs of publishing this Notice up to a maximum of $40,000. In addition, $10,000 of the Settlement Fund will be paid to Plaintiff for his service as a representative of the Class (the "Incentive Payment"). The balance of the Settlement Fund (the "Net Settlement Fund") will be distributed as described below.

Defendants will distribute the Net Settlement Fund by providing a discount at the cash registers of all KB Toys, KB Toy Works, KB Toy Outlet, Toy Liquidator and KB Toys Express stores nationwide, including Guam and Puerto Rico, equal to 30% off all qualifying purchases of $30 or more during October 8-14, 2003. This distribution (the "In-store Distribution") will be done without requiring a request of any store customer and will be separate and apart from, and in addition to, any previously planned promotional events for 2003. Defendants will not advertise or otherwise promote the distribution in advance of the In-store Distribution. Signs detailing the terms of the In-store Distribution, however, may be displayed in or around the stores during the In-store Distribution and up to 48 hours in advance of the In-store Distribution.

If the total amount of discounts received by customers during the In-store Distribution is less than the amount of the Net Settlement Fund, Defendants will make an in-kind donation of toys, valued at Defendants' then regular retail price for such toys, in an amount equal to the remainder of the Net Settlement Fund (the "In-kind Donation Amount"). The donation, if any, will be to no more than four nationally recognized charities mutually agreed upon by Plaintiff and Defendants and will be made prior to December 31, 2003. Defendants will pay the cost of delivering the donated toys to no more than four locations. Defendants shall not be required to make more than one delivery to each location. The cost of delivering the toys will be separate and apart from the Settlement Fund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.