main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Class of '99 - Where you at?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Lightsabre, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    10 years gang! Holy nerf herder...

Congrats Fanforce and thanks to all for making this place the best!

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's been a long time since I saw you around! I must say the in the 10 last year some of my best memories are definitely thanks to FanForce.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Holey moley, the Maker has returned!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you again, Sir!

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Man, I miss my 99 reg date. :(

Good to see you! :D

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Founder of the whole FF? :eek:

I thought that FF existed before '98, since both boards (JC&FF) merged together. :confused:

Wow...

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    No, FF can trace it roos back the the lineups for TPM, then it was considered a good idea to help people who had met there to keep contact. The first UBB FF boards where created in June (or maybe May) 2000, they were merged with JC in November 2000.

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    So everything started in '99 and boardwise in '00. Wow! Do you know who were the persons who started it? Lightsabre is one of them and the others? *now is really curious*

8. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Mmmh... If I remember right, I came to the FF boards at UBB summer '98...

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    That was probably the JC UBB boards, the JC moved to snowboard in July 2000. I remember the start of the FF boards clearly, since it was at the time I graduated from school, and also the football Euro 2000.

10. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    I cannot take credit for the Fanforce concept, which was an idea thrown around in 97/98 as a result of the popularity of the JC Forums and the impending release of EP1:TPM. There were several folks involved with the idea and the execution of the plan. I was heavily involved from a grass roots perspective as a user of the forum. Jim and Eric asked me to join the team when it came time to deploy the new website, recruit admin staff and breakout the regions (so the 'Founder' title implies more than it is). The first celebration in Denver was a blast and was a real catalyst for growing FF after TPM came out.

10 years later it's still going strong and the relationships we've all made as a result have been tremendous. FF is somewhat a pioneer of the social networking model driven by the like interest in SW. Online gatherings materialize into grass roots community events that shape our 'local' world and build lasting friendships.

Ultimately it's the people that make FF great. It's the commitment of the admins and regular monitors of the boards and the enthusiasm and participation of the local groups that make FF a viable 'force' in our world today.

I visit as much as I can, which regretfully has declined in recent years. However, you keep it going strong and that's what it's about.

Cheers!

LS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.