main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Class reunions- to go to them or not

Discussion in 'Community' started by DantheJedi, Jul 10, 2015.

1. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    You didn't know my mother. She was a nice, loving woman, but she didn't take any crap from anyone, especially when it came to her kids. When we were in grade school walking to our babysitter after school, my brother and I would be tormented by some kids. Well, when my mother got the chance, she tracked those kids down, and really chewed them out. I remember the anger in her voice, the whole "don't mess with my kids!" vibe she sent across. Kids were literally running home in fear, hoping they weren't next.

By junior high and high school, kids were tormenting me, usually because of how fat I was and the awkwardness my autism made me seem. Some kids took particular delight in it. My mother would constantly call the school to talk to these kids, to do something about it, but when they would, it would stop for a little while and then start up again. One kid said, "You're always getting me in trouble". By high school, since my tormentors were star athletes (In cross country! Oh joy!), it was like they were relucant to do anything.

So, you can see why my mother would tell me not to go to any class reunions. Plus, there's the fact that this happened to one of my tormentors.

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I would only suggest going if you're successful. As I know most of you are basement dwellers...avoid at all costs. Your self esteem is low enough.

In regards to Danthe's mom, "THEY'RE ALL GOING TO LAUGH AT YOU!!!!"

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Apparently our 5 year wasn't even at the school. It was at a person's house.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Not all of them are located at the school. My class had it held at the golf course clubhouse just outside of town and another class did it at the local VFW building in town. Actually, quite a few held theirs at the VFW.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We had ours at a country club.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I'm honestly not sure if my high school does class reunions, and even if they did, I wouldn't go. I had a terrible high school experience.

7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Funnily enough, I've never been invited to a school reunion! [face_thinking] [face_worried]

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I wasn't invited either, what, with being an angry liberal and all that jazz.