main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Class trilogy completely independent

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by magnaguard, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magnaguard

magnaguard Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2011
    As you may all know or not, 20th Century Fox barely approved the production of episode IV, believing it would not be a successful film. In fact, Lucas was under the gun and threatened with cancellation many a times during shooting. Safe to say, had ANH not been a global phenomenon, there would have been no sequels.

Hypothetically, what if no major film producer had accepted Lucas' idea, and instead, he decided to produce ANH independently. What he have had the necessary funds to produce it?

2. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    Maybe if he spent some time saving up some money, he could have made it, but it would have taken years and the film would have been filmed much later. I don't really know, though.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It would look like Turkish Star Wars.

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    If he did it independently, I doubt any of us would even be here right now.

5. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Most likely it would have looked like Roger Corman's Battle Beyond The Stars, and wouldn't have caught on.

I don't think GL would have bothered - one of his motivations for making SW in the first place was to do a Flash Gordon type thing that didn't look like crap.

But then Turkish Star Wars wouldn't have the real Star Wars footage turned upside down & played backwards. I'm trying to figure out if that would make Turkish Star Wars look more or less ludicrous...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.