main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Classic and beautiful cars

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    All these amazing cars that I'll never squeeze my legs into...

Trion Supercars are a company that seems to be building, well, supercars for the discerning NBA player, which is fantastic news for someone of my height but horrible news for someone with my bank account.

Also they may be another inane Californian start-up that dies a quiet death unnoticed.

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Maybe it was me but I had as much fun looking at the vehicles behind the cars that Mars had posted. For example in one of the pictures you can spot a Messerschmitt car. I also like the early 90s Triump car behind the etype. Which I was never fond of the coupe. It just didn't look right. Convertible yes, coupe no. ​

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

McLaren P1. [face_love]

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Glad to see this thread upped.
    Black Primer or Matte black might look cool on a 70s muscle car.....but it does NOT look cool on your base model 2006 Nissan Altima.

Sarge and Ender Sai like this.
  5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Yeah, being tall it was murder getting into and out of a Lotus Elise. You have to sit in sideways and bring your legs in under the wheel, and even then it's bloody constricting.

6. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    Well it ain't exotic. But in my eyes she's beautiful! I've dreamed of owning a Mustang my whole life. (It's a White Trash thing, you wouldn't understand! ) So I went and got a V6. Hey, it's 300 HP! When I was a boy the GT's were putting out 195! I found the one closest to base as I could because I wanted to put my touch on her. So I found a white one that only had a deck lid spoiler, auto tranny, (try finding a standard!) and the AZ package. The sticker was $25,885. I got partner pricing through my work and got her for $20,200. I put flat black stripes and power coated Bullitt rims and she's ready to go for cheap!
    [​IMG]

yankee8255 likes this.
  7. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Rode past this on my way to work a few days ago. Couldn't resist taking a picture.

[​IMG]

Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I saw a black Chrysler Crossfire done up with a Batman theme, complete with Bat-emblem rims. I didn't take a picture, though. Don't really care for the Crossfire, but this owner had put in a lot of work (or at least a lot of money) by the looks of it. Was pretty neat.

Several years ago, a coworker of mine had done up his Hyundai Tiburon with a Batmobile theme. It was definitely head-turning and easily the most eye-catching car in the work parking lot (despite the few luxury cars and such that were also there).

My own childhood dream is to buy a Corvette and apply a Batmobile theme to it. I've seen the photos circling the Internet of people that have done so.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Bumping this thread with this photo of an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S because... well, look at it.

[​IMG]

JEDI-RISING, Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
  11. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yes. Because Astin Martin.

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Brand new Ferrari model. The 488 GTB, replacing the 458 Italia.

[​IMG]

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh I love that, very aggressive styling. Looks like the first change since Ferrari chairman Luca Cordero di Montezemolo stepped down.

Speaking of classic and beautiful:

[​IMG]

The F2002 Ferrari Formula 1 car. The most successful F1 car of all time, as driven here by Michael Schumacher.

[​IMG]

The 1970 Porsche 917 Le Mans.

Aaaaand

[​IMG]

2015 Porsche 918 Spyder. [face_love]

Sarge, yankee8255 and EHT like this.
  14. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    All incredible. The 918, though, inspires a lust like no other.

Ender Sai likes this.
  15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    So just to revisit this for a minute... the 458 had a naturally aspirated V8, while this has a twin-turbocharged V8. Performance and fuel economy have both gone up considerably. With stricter limits on emissions and fuel consumption, this reflects the general push to get more power out of smaller engines. Some people are lamenting Ferrari's continuing move away from primarily using naturally aspirated engines, but some other turbocharged examples they've had in the past are the 288 GTO and the F40. The current California is now turbo as well. Speaking of performance for the 488 GTB: it has 660 HP, gets to 62 MPH in 3 seconds, and has a top speed of 208 MPH.

16. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I would love a Jaguar XF painted with rosettes that match an actual Jaguar. It would be a Melanistic Jaguar of course. Black on black.

Sarge likes this.
  17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK.

Ender Sai likes this.
  18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    beezel. beeeeeezel.

EHT - there's going to be a number of substantial changes at Ferrari SPA thanks to the appointment of new chair, Sergio Marchionne. Former president Luca Cordero di Montezemolo (often erroneously called Luca di Montezemolo in the media) was quite conservative with the marque, and took initiatives like capping the production at 8,000 per annum. This meant the second-hand business remained robust, as you're creating a kind of model scarcity.

So moving away from the naturally aspirated V12 models and boosting production to 10,000 per annum might upset the traditionalists but it should ensure Ferrari's success in the future. Additionally, the Scuderia Ferrari SF15T is currently leading the testing times at Jerez ahead of the 2015 season.

EHT likes this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, good points. Another thing that seems to be upsetting traditionalists in general (not just with Ferraris) is the move away from traditional clutch-and-stick manual transmissions. Personally, I think the idea behind pushing a "D" button and doing all the shifting with steering wheel mounted paddles sounds pretty cool. :cool:

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, so. I don't really like 4WD or "SUVs" as they are called in the US. I especially don't like the idea of luxury marques making "soft-roaders" for well-heeled people to navigate such treacherous off-road terrain as their own driveway or a carpark. The BMW X6 is perhaps the greatest monstrosity yet constructed by man, and I take note of the Twilight saga when I say this.

However, I've found one I would buy happily, openly, and without caveat:

[​IMG]

The Porsche Macan. Damn but this thing is sexy.

yankee8255 likes this.
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi Ender Sai I have not posted in your thread before, I would like to see what you think of this beauty.

[​IMG]

I know you love it! How could you not?

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Because you fear you'll never own such a beauty?

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The semblance to a 30 year old Bentley Muslanne Turbo is astonishing:

[​IMG]

Which I can see from Google Image Searching is being "pimped" by little ****bag wannabe rappers. Dear god, America. Why do you do this?

In any event, I can also afford the Bentley so if I'm going to buy a ship of the road, I'll go British.

25. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Probably been posted already but having just seen la dolce vita for the first time, I'm now in love with

[​IMG]

Sarge and Ender Sai like this.