main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Classic and beautiful cars

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Oct 8, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That Ferrari is orgasmic. The design, front area. I want.

EHT likes this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    EHT, check like the first post of this thread.

Sif I wouldn't list the 250 GTO. [face_plain]

3. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    I ha
    v

God bless Alfa Romeo- I have a 1966 Red Spyder (the Graduate Car). As a Teacher my plate says 4DSummr. Its in need of a new gearbox
    and I guess I should take it in have that done. Last year I put on a new black top. The car looks great but that its gonna be flatbedded to
    Hollywood for the gearbox undriveable such a horrible grinding sound the last 3 years-enough LOL

yankee8255 likes this.
  4. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

That is sick. How orgasmically awesome love the MASERATI Trident, so damm cool

5. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

Ender what do you think of the late 70's S 6.9 Sedans? They exist here in SoCal and are rust free being CA cars.
    I've been toying with taking the plunge. My daily Driver is a 2004 S500 AMG Black, Tan. But Im really looking
    at this a something I would by well sorted, finish it and actually take her to work 1/2 the time. Sorted and clean
    not a show car is wear I am going, I need to research the mechanics of this baby some more but its a emotion
    purchase that I want to actually drive? Am I fooling myself here.

6. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

1965 DB5 my favorite car of all-time. Hard to really argue that, what glorious wire wheels.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Oops! I guess I forgot about that post, and yeah, I wondered how that car could not be in here already. Still, it deserved to be mentioned again.

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It is the most amazingly beautiful car ever made, so multiple iterations is fine by me. :D

thebadge, not familiar with them sorry.

Top Gear managed to drive the sexy as hell new piece of Italian insanity, the LaFerrari: http://www.topgear.com/au/cars/reviews/ferrari/laferrari/2014/v12/

I'd love one, thank you.

The criteria for ownership is reminiscent of the 250 GTO, of which 33 were made and Enzo Ferrari had to personally approve you for ownership. They'll also upset leftists:

Not so much. With a price tag of $2 million apiece, all 499 LaFerraris were sold before the car was first unveiled at the Geneva Motorshow last year. This despite the fact that to simply be considered LaFerrari ownership material, you needed (a) at least five Ferraris in your collection and (b) a first-name-terms relationship with Ferrari Chairman Luca Di Montezemolo, who personally approved all 499 owners. (Though it should be Luca Cordero di Montezemolo or simply Luca Montezemolo - ES)

EHT and Darth_Furio like this.
  9. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Not all Italian cars have to be expensive to be beautiful [​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    The LaFerrari is amazing, but that name... uggh.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Just ignore the first part of pronouncing the name. That is a mouthful though.

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ferrari 308. I fell in love with this car as a kid when I saw it on Magnum P.I. :p

[​IMG]

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    yankee8255, I drove a 500 in Italy. No torque at high revs at all, which is a concern if you want to overtake on the autostrada!

Also, you should have posted this:

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Lamborghini Huracán - the new "base" model Lamborghini and replacement for the Gallardo. Looks pretty nice, and even though it takes design cues from its more expensive siblings, it seems to suffer less from Lamborghini's recent tendencies to overdo it in the design area.

[​IMG]

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Since I showed the new Huracán above and mentioned that it was the replacement for the very successful Gallardo, I thought I'd show the comparison between the two models below (Gallardo on top, Huracán on bottom).

[​IMG]

I liked the Gallardo, but I like the Huracán even more. It's really growing on me. It has the right balance between the Gallardo's relative simplicity and the more aggressive curves of the more expensive Lamborghini models (which as I said before, often overdo it as far as design goes).

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, if I'm not mistaken.

Having an Alfa Romeo is like dating a gorgeous woman - she turns heads, but requires so much maintenance and tends to explode often.

(sorry ladies, I've no counterpart analogy from your perspective).

18. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Isn't the same for every luxury Italian car.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The same analogy with a pronoun switch often works.

Ender Sai and Juliet316 like this.
  21. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Granted Italian cars of old are not the same as new ones. Quality is way above what they use to be. Way back when even British vehicles were horrible. We had a saying about older jags and land rovers, if it aint leaking coolant its fine. Plus the oil helped keep the rust at bay.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Thanks beez. :rolleyes:

anakinfansince1983, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm beautiful AND low maintenance! :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Ender is there any Australian vehicle that you hold in high regard? A special Holden or an Aussie built Ford?

24. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Zlatan is certainly not my favorite footballer, but Iike his taste kin cars

25. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    So, Everton and I went to the Bristol Classic Car Show today. A few highlights that I particularly liked...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everton doesn't seem to be very impressed by this Aston Martin...
    [​IMG]

I am, though! :D (The owner told us he had recently had this one evaluated for insurance purposes, and apparently its value is £1.2 million, hereby making it the most expensive car I've sat in. :p )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another Aston, this time with a Bondesque license plate:
    [​IMG]

Everton photobombing my Rolls Royce shot...
    [​IMG]

And another Jag E type! :cool:
    [​IMG]

EHT, Sarge, Yoda_S and 2 others like this.