main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC classic ninja turtles toys (weird facts on the back)

Discussion in 'Community' started by jacktherack, Sep 3, 2013.

1. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    I was looking at an archive of all these old toys and found a listing of all the classic playmates ninja turtles (88-96) and if you didn't know already similar to the 3 3/4 G.I Joe figures they have made up backstories on some of the original characters along with facts.​
    Some of these ninja turtles facts make absolutely no sense. actually most of them don't. ​
    But there is onethat takes the cake as one of the most confusing and random things put on the back of a toy box. Ladies and gentlemen i present you, from 1991, Wyrm.​
    Here are his "facts" (notice the quotation marks)​
    [​IMG]
    "The Wiggly Weirdo Warrior!
    VITAL TRASHTISTICS:
    Accessories: Trash Compactor Mallet, Worm Knife, Worm Belt, Porcuepounder and Munchy Mouth Worms
    Birthplace: City dump
    Weight: 183 lbs. (with open mouth)
    Favorite Food: Rotten Meat
    Favorite Measurement: Inch
    One day, a mild-mannered trash man slipped and fell headlong into Shredder's garbage bin. The resulting nightmare: Wyrm - a planetarium warped and wiggly creepy crawler. Embarrassed by his slimy stench, this greedy garbage ghoul gathers gunk from the bowels of the sewers. This head honcho of the Unsanitation Department has a voracious appetite for munchy mouth worms, which make his eyes bulge with hunger. Tenderizing rancid rubbish with his trash compactor mallet, Wyrm's got the belly of a beast - and the breath to prove it. Only Muckman's foul enough to be Wyrm's friend. Mostly, though, no one likes to get too close to Wyrm - and that's why he's one solitary slitherer."
    And that's all i have to say about that.

2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Speaking of G.I. Joe figures, I always liked keeping track of which Joes came from Michigan, being that's my home state and all. And the Dreadnok character Road Pig:

[​IMG]

Was given the town of Goblu, Michigan as a birthplace. Which is rather funny, since it's not a real place, it was a place added to a map by a mapmaker who was a University of Michigan alumni and fan (Goblu=Go Blue, get it?).

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  4. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    From the back of the old Masters of the Universe Stinkor figure:

[​IMG]

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It's an inch-wyrm, duh.

6. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I loved the Kenner ALIENS action figures back in the day.

However...I couldn't freakin stand their Colonial Marines.

Real Drake:
    [​IMG]
    Mark Rolston

Fake Drake:
    [​IMG]
    With Zack Morris' cellular phone glued to his head.

The worst part is that his M56 smartgun was just a static prop. It didn't do anything. To make the "shooting" sound, you had to twist him at the waist.
    [​IMG]
    And it sounded like crap.

But...at least it was better than the Apone and Bishop figures. Kenner didn't go crazy with the design trying to make Drake more "cool".
    [​IMG]
    "They gave you a metal arm? SERIOUSLY?"

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I love his t-shirt.

8. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    Funny story: Kenner's Aliens toyline was supposed to be a tie-in for a cartoon called Operation:Aliens, but only a pilot was made, and never got to series, because it was considered too violent. The more "toyetic" designs of the Colonial Marines from the toyline as compared to the movie were probably also reflective of the designs of the show, if I were to guess.

9. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003

Is that pilot available for viewing anywhere???? Id like to see that...

10. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    As far as I know, it has never turned up anywhere, even on the bootleg circuit. Maybe someday.

11. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Here's a few screenshots...
    http://www.alienscollection.com/operationaliens.html

12. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003

OMG!!!! I would have LOVED to have seen that.....must find this....

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Holy crap. The final frame from the presumably Korean animation studio actually says "ARIENS".