main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classic Question #4: How old are everyone by ANH?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Erk, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Those ages are incorrect. The ones I listed above are correct.

2. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Luke/Leia: 20 (too old, Luke would have been drafted by that time. Luke is in his later teens. thirTEEN-nineTEEN. Leia is Luke's twin)
    Han: 30 (I already said that)
    Chewie: 200 (nope 27(unless you mean dog years in which case I already said that.)
    Vader: 43 (could be if he started smoking early)
    Obi-wan: 58 (he's 65+)

Anyway, this is my thread! Post, explanations to why they are as old as you claim. I did.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I repeat:

Luke/Leia: 18
    Han: 29
    Chewie: 200
    Vader: 41
    Palpatine: 82
    Lando: 31
    Qui-Gon: 92
    Yaddle: 509
    Yoda: 896
    Mace: 72
    Jar Jar: 52
    Padmé: 46
    Mon Mothma: 48

Those are the official ages of the characters as of ANH, assuming some of them are alive. Any other number is not correct.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yoda is anyways rather old

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [Face_laugh]

How the heck can 25+32 be 65+??? :p look - 25 + 32. Let's start with 20+30 don't bother with the zeros right now, so just count 2+3. That's 5 right? Now let's do 5 + 2. 7! Then we have a 5 and a 7, right? 57! okay? :D

Have a nice day//TCF

5. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001

"I repeat: "

Ok, Bib you want game. Take this:
    Luke Skywalker is around his later teens. You can see this by looking at his rocknroll/revolutionary/youth haircut. Also he doesn't have pimples so therefore he isn't in his early teens.
    Leia is probably as old as Luke cause she is his twin she also could be considerably younger as girls are known to experience physical changes earlier in their teens.
    Han Solo is old enough to have his own wookie and spaceship. Therefore he is exactly 30 years. Chewbacca I've heard is 200 years old. This figure is probably in DOG. That means it equals (200-7)/7=27 human years. Darth Vader is old enough to have aquired some smoking relatated diseases(lungcancer, TBC, KOOL, etc.) He should therefore somewhere in his fifties. Obi-wan Kenobi is old enough to live as a retired jedi. In the SW galaxy this equals 65. Ben is therefore older than 65. Alright, 65+. Yoda says he's taught jedi for 800 years. He also insinuates that he is 900 years (in JEDI). Yoda is anyways rather old. R2D2 and 3PO are robots.

"How the heck can 25+32 be 65+??? look - 25 + 32. Let's start with 20+30 don't bother with the zeros right now, so just count 2+3. That's 5 right? Now let's do 5 + 2. 7! Then we have a 5 and a 7, right? 57! okay?"

Don't you have to bring back those zeros. They just disappearad. The rest I get.

6. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Can't we just add the actors' ages?

I'm assuming Obi-Wan looking too old is the main problem:
    Ewan McGregor during filming of Phantom Menace: ~26
    Alec Guiness during filming of New Hope: ~62
    Mark Hamill during filming of New Hope: ~24

26 + say 13 years between eps 1 and 3 = 39 plus 24 years for Luke to grow up = 63.

Pretty close, pretty believable.

And why does Luke have to be a teen because of his hair? Han has the exact same hairstyle. Anakin cancer? What?

7. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    And your take on dog years is backwards. If he's 200 dog years that makes him 1400 human years. Dogs live seven times shorter lives than us, not longer.

Bib, where are your official numbers from?

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Han: He was 19 in The Paradise Snare, which takes place 10 years before ANH.

Luke/Leia: Luke is 34 in The Black Fleet Crisis, which is 16 years after ANH.

Yoda: "When 900 years old you reach..."

Lando: He has been described as 2 years older than Han.

Yaddle: Listed at 477 years old during TPM.

Mace: "Forty years old as of the Battle of Naboo..."

Vader: 9 years old during TPM, which is 32 years before ANH.

Palpatine: He was 50 in TPM.

Obi-Wan: 25 in TPM.

Qui-Gon: 60 in TPM.

It's simple math.

9. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    Bib-

Your list of ages are the ones that are incorrect because only Lucas' word is more reliable, not yours and his word is that Episode 3 is 20 years before ANH which is how old Luke and Leia will be.

Han is 30.
    Lando is 33.
    Chewie is 200.
    Obi-wan is 58.
    Vader is 43.
    Palpidious is 83.
    Yoda is 896.
    Boba Fett is 33.
    Mon Mothma is 48.
    and
    Padme is 47.

Nothing you'll say will dispute this.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Lucas has set EP3 at 19 BBY, so the twins are actually 18. The ages I gave are correct, because they are backed up by official sources. Your ages are not.

11. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    "And your take on dog years is backwards. If he's 200 dog years that makes him 1400 human years. Dogs live seven times shorter lives than us, not longer."

Sorry, not right, do the math.
    Just because I can't get 25+32 doesn't mean I'm stupid.
    Mouhahahaha.

12. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Episode III takes place 3 years after AOTC, which takes place 22 years before ANH. Luke and Leia are born in Episode III, ergo they are 19.

I doubt Yoda was being literal either, and I've never understood why he was taken as such.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    No, actually they're 18, because EP3 takes place at 19 BBY. ANH doesn't take place on their 18th birthday after all, but sometime between when they turned 18 and when they turned 19.

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Luke/Leia: 20 (too old, Luke would have been drafted by that time. Luke is in his later teens. thirTEEN-nineTEEN. Leia is Luke's twin)
    Han: 30 (I already said that)
    Chewie: 200 (nope 27(unless you mean dog years in which case I already said that.)
    Vader: 43 (could be if he started smoking early)
    Obi-wan: 58 (he's 65+)

Lucas' word, huh? Where did Lucas ever state these ages?

I agree with Bib, the ages you have listed are wrong. The list Bib has posted can be backed up. I don't think Luke's "youthful" haircut and Han being old enough to own a ship is enough evidence to prove their ages. I'm old enough to own a car...does that mean I'm 30? But then again, I have one of those "youthful" shaggy haircuts like Luke...does that also mean I'm 20? It makes no sense.

Check out the Essential Chronology for ages and whatnot. It helps. Even the New Essential Guide to Characters is a good source.

15. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    No, actually they're 18, because EP3 takes place at 19 BBY. ANH doesn't take place on their 18th birthday after all, but sometime between when they turned 18 and when they turned 19.

Well, anywhere from 18 to 19, anyway. It all depends on whether ANH is before or after their birthday. Not important enough to be a stickling point, really.

16. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    I refuse to believe Yoda is exactly 900 years old in Episode VI and that he started training Jedi when he was exactly 100.

I think he started training at 89 and died at 967.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The Yoda commercial that aired last year before AOTC came out said that Yoda was 874 years old. Do the math and he is 900 in ROTJ.

And actually, Yoda started training Jedi when he was 99, since he was 899 when he made that comment to Luke.

18. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Guys, Bib is right. He knows everything. 8-}

Another post brought to you by SecondBest :cool:

19. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    "Lucas' word, huh? Where did Lucas ever state these ages?"

Don't see what you mean.

"I agree with Bib, the ages you have listed are wrong. The list Bib has posted can be backed up. I don't think Luke's "youthful" haircut and Han being old enough to own a ship is enough evidence to prove their ages. I'm old enough to own a car...does that mean I'm 30? But then again, I have one of those "youthful" shaggy haircuts like Luke...does that also mean I'm 20? It makes no sense."

I don't believe you both have a youthful haircut and a car. Prove it! Anyways owning a car isn't the same as owning a space ship.

"Check out the Essential Chronology for ages and whatnot. It helps. Even the New Essential Guide to Characters is a good source."

I'm a (super?extra?mega?)purist.

"And actually, Yoda started training Jedi when he was 99, since he was 899 when he made that comment to Luke."

The he lied. That #4¤&=% green goblin. But maybe from a certain point of view....

"I think he started training at 89 and died at 967."

I hate Denmark but I do agree with you!

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Instead of speculating based on incomplete information, why don't you just go by what official sources say? The ages I listed above reflect those official sources.

21. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    An never ceasing interest in speculation. Thank you for asking. What are you doing in a forum?
    Shouldn't you be in a library.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Don't see what you mean.

In an earlier post someone mentioned that the ages you listed were Lucas' offical word. If Lucas did actually state this, I would like a source.

I don't believe you both have a youthful haircut and a car. Prove it!

Well, guess what...I do. I can't really show it to you, however, since I don't have a picture of my 1987 white volkswagon golf on the web. I don't think anyone would want to see that piece of junk anyway. As for a picture of me, you can check my profile, but my hair isn't shaggy on there since I have just gotten it cut.

Anyways owning a car isn't the same as owning a space ship

Why isn't it? A space ship is the equivalent of a car in the GFFA. It's our main source of transportation just like a starship.

23. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    "Why don't you just go by what the official sources say?"

Because the official sources are NOT canon!

These are the same sources that say that Owen and Obi-wan are brothers, that Anakin and Yoda never met, Boba Fett's real name is Jaster Mareel, and any other crap they've been spewing out which makes your list of ages full of B.S.

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Because the official sources are NOT canon!

Yes they are. Would you care to post proof that they're not?

These are the same sources that say that Owen and Obi-wan are brothers,

They are.

that Anakin and Yoda never met,

No source says they never met.

Boba Fett's real name is Jaster Mareel,

No source ever said it was his real name.

and any other crap they've been spewing out which makes your list of ages full of B.S.

Please get your facts straight.

25. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    "In an earlier post someone mentioned that the ages you listed were Lucas' offical word. If Lucas did actually state this, I would like a source."

I don't seem to remember. If I did I take it back. Anyways, nowadays all Lucas touches turns up **** so I hope he hasn't confirmed my statements resently.

"Well, guess what...I do. I can't really show it to you, however, since I don't have a picture of my 1987 white volkswagon golf on the web. I don't think anyone would want to see that piece of junk anyway. As for a picture of me, you can check my profile, but my hair isn't shaggy on there since I have just gotten it cut."

M. Good exuses!

"Why isn't it? A space ship is the equivalent of a car in the GFFA. It's our main source of transportation just like a starship."

It is not. Ben doesn't own one. Luke doesn't.
    Only Han does. And his occupation is based on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.