main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classic SW Vidgames

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by general_tongderbolt, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. general_tongderbolt

general_tongderbolt Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2004
    There are plenty of new video games going around and they're all getting great reviews. Out of curiosity, I did some net surfing about vintage SW games and came up with The Emulator Strikes Back (www.temusb.com). Plenty of free games and emulators (Atari 2600, NES, SNES, and Commodore to name a few) to download.

For avid gamers like me or for those of you interested in classic SW history, this site is for you. This is also for vidgamers who sometimes look for simplicity in gameplay. Most of the games here can probably never live up to the likes of the latest releases such as Knights of the Old Republic or Battlefront. But in the 1980s and early 90s, these games were some of the most creative ways for ordinary people to become part that galaxy far, far away.

I especially like the Atari SW Arcade game which first came out in 1983. The graphics aren't really much by today's standards but at least it's a lot easier for me now to kill TIE fighters (Hehehe).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.