main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classic Trilogy Box Office outside the U.S

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Ord-Mantell70, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    Does anyone know where reliable and exhaustive data can be found regarding the ticket sales and admissions for the CT movies in other big markets outside North America, especially in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Japan ?

I've searched the Web for a long time to assess the CT's worldwide real impact, but could not found something consistent so far.

2. Ord-Mantell70

Mar 9, 2009
    I see this post has genrated much interest so far. Thanks everyone for their contribution.[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Just kidding.

Really hard to find data, arent' they ?

I'll solve this out on my own....

3. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    You'd be unlikely to find the results in english anyway. Every country would have yearly records of box office figures, probably available in various archives and libraries. I doubt many of them are accessible via the web unless you have access to some university resource networks that might have access to such archives and resources.

4. Ord-Mantell70

Mar 9, 2009
    I did find partial data, especially for France and West Germany (I'm French) on some Box-office or movie-related websites, or other various books and encyclopedias (QUID), but also some real discrepancies between sources...

Actually, assessing the box-office results of the "original" originals at first realeases, I mean 1 year 1/2 maximum after each realease date, which is what I'm really interested in, is the real trick by these days, as all multiple re-releases and Special Edition figures have been merged in the majority of sources, except at Box Office Mojo regarding the U.S where details can de found.

I guess the best thing would be to contact 20th Century Fox, hoping they kept exhaustive data in their archives for major foreign markets. But I'm mainly interested in admissions and attendance, not gross, so I doubt they could provide me with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.