main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classic Trilogy Forum Rules, Thread Index, and FAQs (Last Updated 2-9-05)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Dark Lady Mara, Oct 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Yes, must always keep in mind the DVD thread. ;)

What will probably happen after the release of EP3 (perhaps 6 months later) is that all the PT forums will be merged into one. There is only so much stuff that one can talk about regarding the movies without being redundant. :(

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I think they should be merged no later than 2007 though.

3. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I agree. The PT should be merged a few weeks after Episode III comes out.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm wondering when the various DVD change discussion threads etc will be allowed to stand on their own, rather than all be shoehorned into the one DVD thread? After the release date?

To me it seems strange that finally there's some actual new OT topics to be discussed, and they're shut down because they fall into the general umbrella of "DVD related". eg. Hayden in ROTJ.

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    very late answer, but better late than never

Hayden in RotJ is a bad example. That one is either a 3SA topic (I think it is already anyway) or a Saga topic. Too much to do with Episode 3

Do you really want to see a new thread for every change, rumor, question and possibly opinion?

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    If it's in ROTJ, then it's a clasic trilogy topic, no?

And considering there're actually all new OT topics that can be discussed after the 10 odd years since the SE's and possibly for the first time since the creation of the JC, yes, I think that individual new Classic Trilogy topics could deserve their own threads. They're no more trivial than many other topics already here.

I'm certain the DVD changes will all get new topics on September 16, it's just whether you allow the discussion to start earlier based on the various spy reports or you wait until the release day. And considering the traffic surge you're going to encounter mid-September, there is merit in allowing individual discussions to get underway early so you can be prepared for the CT Newbie rush via Indexes, sticky threads & the like.

7. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    It's in RotJ because of Episode 3

We just can't have a thread for every rumor. They're "possible further changes" and that's exactly what the thread is about and it's enough at this time.
    With around a page worth of upped/ new topics per day, I'd say this forum counts as busy. With a new thread for every change, rumor, question and possibly opinion it will become cluttered.
    When the DVD is out we may or may not allow a thread for each changed scene because then we'll have a definite number.
    Besides, not even the DVD thread moves that fast these days.

I can see that it looks like we could just as well open an official ANH thread (and TESB and RotJ) and shoehorn every new thread into that one. But this is only about the DVD, which is a very specific topic, just with a few subtopics.

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > When the DVD is out we may or may not allow a thread for each changed scene because then we'll have a definite number.

That's the answer I was looking for. Thank you.

(well, apart from the "may not" bit. I don't see on what grounds you can disallow a OT topic that is based on an altered scene in the OT DVDs)

9. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Actually, neither can I, but I won't make any promises ever just so I won't be lying in the end ;) The Force knows what weird stuff may happen in the meantime. It's the JC!

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, we have a thread about the Greedo scene, so I don't see why there shouldn't be one for individual changes, as long as they are the larger changes (for example we don't need one thread for each graphics fix).

11. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    There most likely will be a thread for people to talk about the DVD changes, but until the DVD is actually released everything is 'rumours' and so will end up in the same thread for now.

12. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Added links to JBro's excellent "Viewer's Guides" under the Humour section.

13. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Heh. Wanted to to that today or tomorrow :p

14. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    my main colors were slightly off (and I think I've done at least one of them myself in the past :p) and you missed changing the "Forum Moderators" part, E_V :p

15. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    What do you mean? Was there more than one spot in there? I changed myself in. And I didn't touch your colors!

16. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    right at the end of "I. Forum Rules"

and I said it was probably me who used the wrong colors :p

17. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I'll be damned, there really is 2 spots in there. See, this is why I need you Senny. You watch my back! Of course if it has a target on it, you keep others at bay so you can be the only one to get me. But at least I only get hit once instead of numerous times.

18. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002

JUST AS A NOTICE. DUE TO COMPUTER TROUBLE MY ONLINE TIME WILL BE A BIT SPORADIC. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME DURING THIS HIGHLY ANNOYING PHASE OF MY LIFE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.