main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classic Trilogy Re-issued

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediTrilobite, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I have two sets of the trilogy already, one individual novels and one omnibus. The omnibus is getting pretty old, but I keep it seperate from the rest of the books, and have the individual novels in the mix.

2. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    I'll probably stick it in the ANH-spot.

3. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Ok. [face_plain] It's not like it matters where it goes, we all know where they are in the chronology. Keeping them in chronology on the shelf is handy for a quick reference, or if you want to read them in order.

4. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    Or for fanboys like me trying to make it look right...

5. GreenLightsaber24

GreenLightsaber24 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 19, 2002
    Here's what you do in that case: Get individual copies of the books for placement in the timeline (they're usually pretty easy to find at used book stores or online), then place the collected version on the shelf after ROTJ. That's what I did with the OT, the Lando Calrissian trilogy (which I'm more or less proud of the fact that I have in first editions), the Han Solo Adventures, and the Han Solo Trilogy (which I bought collected from SciFi Book Club a few years back).

6. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    sounds good, although for the HST and LCT it's not too bad (they all take place in close proximity and there's nothing to split them up)

7. GreenLightsaber24

GreenLightsaber24 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 19, 2002
    True, but it still helps. At least the OT can be split up like that; I've had a helluva time trying to place the Tales from books on my shelf (which is exact by timeline).

8. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Yes there is. The two Han Solo Trilogies are intertwined, as well as the Lando Trilogy.

9. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    >>"I've had a helluva time trying to place the Tales from books on my shelf (which is exact by timeline)."<<

Same here. It's easy enough for the KJA trio (Cantina = just before ANH, Hunters = just after TESB, Palace = just before ROTJ) but the two SWAJ ones...Tales from the Empire is the worst thing to place. For those of you who line up their SW games chronologically, Galactic Battlegrounds is also a pain to place.

10. -techno-union-

-techno-union- Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2004
    I think they should edit them a little. Isn't Owen, Obi-Wan's brother and Yoda blue. Or is that just the drafts of the script.

ANH has some of the funniest descriptions though, Aunt Beru looking like a worried pidgeon, something being like a certain stew and feeling the force being like making love if remember correctly.

And of course whats a duck?

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Owen and Obi-Wan are not brothers.

Just stick the Government tales books at the end of the chronology, because the stories do bounce around a bit. Or cut the books into stories or something.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Technically, Owen and Obi-wana ren;t brothers by blood ormarriage, but could be "like" brothers to each other.

13. -techno-union-

-techno-union- Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2004
    I think in the book they are refered to as brothers. They need to get rid of that. Also the little prologue about Palpatine needs to be updated in light of the prequals

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    They should just leave the books as they are.

15. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    pretty soon, they will reissue the classic trilogy novelizations in.... WIDESCREEN....

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Oh dear god...

17. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Also the little prologue about Palpatine needs to be updated in light of the prequals

Isn't that pretty much what Lucas' intro to Shatterpoint is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.