main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classic Trilogy RPG for Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by LordofSith, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordofSith

LordofSith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Would that be cool or what? You can play as a Rebel soldier waking up in an infirmary bed on the Tantive IV. You have no idea who you are. (NOTE: You can be any humanoid species you want. Wookiee, Twi'lek, Bossk, Rodian, human, ANYTHING.) You are handed a gun by your superiors, and you blast the h*ll out of the Stormtroopers. When Vader arrives however, you have to get in an escape pod. The Empire miss blowing it up by chance. You crash on Tatooine and hike to nearby Mos Eisley and meet Luke, Obi-Wan, Han, and Chewie. While you can't go with them to save Princess Leia, you find an underground Rebel recruiter, tell him you're with the Rebels, and he gets you on a ship to Yavin IV. While at the Rebel base, they check your records and find out you are a crack pilot. Then he gives you an X-Wing (which you can name by the way)and you FLY IN THE BATTLE OF YAVIN!!! You then become a member of Rogue Squadron and are flying a snowspeeder in the Battle of Yavin. You also should have a hot love interest, your soldiers should be fully interactable, you should be able to play mini-games (a la KOTOR), you should get to use your X-Wing to fly to different planets, you should NOT get to become a Jedi (Luke, Yoda, and Obi are the only Jedi) and you should be able to fully explore everything. The Rebel base and other major planetary cities should have their own unique shops, bars, hangars (places to get your ship repaired and upgraded)and Rebel hideouts that you must live in. Oh, did I mention it's ONLINE!!!
    Sort of a KOTOR meets Battlefront meets The Sims meets Galaxies kind of thing.

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    what... so... GTA but Star Wars? :p

these things have been discussed to death here, there are some cool ideas in other related threads that you could find in the first few pages of the forum if you wanna develop it further

3. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    would be better on the Wii. Don't limit game ideas to one console. :p

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Especially one that has nothing to offer that can't be replicated on the others.

5. Canadian-Sith

Canadian-Sith Jedi Youngling star 4

May 25, 2006
    Ahh, Xbox 360 Haters.

Revolution, wii, ps3 = wth.

Are these ever going to come out? I know that ps3 got pushed back several times. Stop getting your hopes up and buy a damn 360!

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Uh, why? Both are coming out later this year.

Did you buy an XBox? Why? The PS2 was already out!

7. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000

that doesn't matter though. when it comes down to it - the majority of people are going to go for the cheaper alternative. that, and the fact that the other systems aren't even out yet.

i would like to see some more starwars games on the cube/wii though. rogues squadron/leader/whatever games are fine, but there are a lot of others that could hit a larger market from that system

8. phantasm66

Aug 31, 2000
    i agree, but i think the wii is going to be better than a lot of people think. i've already written off the ps3.. just isn't worth it

9. SithMan1138

SithMan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    Any way, back on topic, that game sounds alot like...Galaxys. Almost the same except the story. It could just be a expansion. I would, however like tomhave a console version of a game like that. Why? A-the controls are better B-The on,ijne costs KILL!! I would go for a game like that.

10. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
  11. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Man theres a whole lot of noobs on the forums lately.

12. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    PC > Consoles

13. l33tn00b

l33tn00b Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    agreed. The pc will always the upper hand. One step ahead of console tech, and a wider variety of games. The reason consoles dominate is because they are one helluva lot cheaper to produce and sell. Also, no upgrades.

And for the kiddies out there who start whining about how 360 grafix 0wnz j00, google crysis.

and your game idea is pretty sweet. But you should be able to command starships.

ECLIPSE[face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

14. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Didn't all the Rebels on the Tantive IV die?

15. eequo

eequo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2004
    There was a good convo going here, way to stumble in and then just totally run it off track. Nice. :p

16. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Like 'everybody on Jabba's sail barge died' or 'everybody who fell into the Sarlacc'?

or San Hill?

but yeah, that'd be a great game. You wake up on Tantive IV, don't know who you are, walk into a corridor, get mobbed by a dozen stormtroopers, game over. [face_peace]
    certainly sounds better than KotOR [face_whistling]

17. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Are you serious? The PC has a wider variety of games? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

18. phantasm66

Aug 31, 2000
    is that a bad thing?

19. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Sometimes the stupid makes me want to gouge out my own eyes.

20. phantasm66

Aug 31, 2000

i say the same thing when i get behind a student driver. just have to remind yourself that at some point, you were there too

21. DarthNiaedra

DarthNiaedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Sounds cool I'd get it. But I'd want to become a Jedi. The one that isn't seen in the movie but is really helpin out in the shadow's ya know. Like you only answer to an old Jedi through the same way Obi talks to Qui Gon ya know. Maybe like Mace Windu has taught you about the force and it's your job to keep Skywalker safe to fulfull his mission

22. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004

Have you ever seen the PC section in a GAME store compared to the console sections?

23. DarthNiaedra

DarthNiaedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    love the pc graphics and variety but I can't get used to the keyboard man. I'm a controller kinda guy and i dunno what controller ever to get

24. phantasm66

Aug 31, 2000
    that's interesting because there's another debate about which controller setup is better. the keyboard/mouse combo or the controller.

when halo 3 comes out, im hoping for some online pc interaction with xbox live players - then we'll see how that goes. [face_dancing]

if there's another thread on this, i apologize

25. l33tn00b

l33tn00b Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Allrighty there, we have some hundred dozen rts's, cheaper developing value, MMOGs, Most multiplayer shooters(Battlefield, battlefield2) expansion packs, and as hard as it is to believe we also have most shooters. try to check the FACTS next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.