main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classic Trilogy Scholastic Books

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by forever_jedi, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    From the OS

This Fall, with the long-awaited debut of the Star Wars trilogy on DVD, fans of all ages will have reason to celebrate the films that started it all. Scholastic Inc. joins the celebration with a trilogy of new junior novelizations written by Ryder Windham.
    These new novelizations adapt each episode of the classic Star Wars trilogy with a fresh perspective afforded by the imminent completion of the entire six-part Star Wars saga. Windham, a Star Wars authority who has written numerous books and comics, offers new insight into the characters and events that weren't possible back in the '70s and '80s when these films first debuted.
    Each paperback novel -- Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi is 160 pages long, and features wrap-around cover designs. They are scheduled for release this October.
    Joining this trilogy is the return of the The Complete Star Wars Trilogy Scrapbook, by Mark Cotta Vaz. Originally published in 1997 to commemorate the theatrical release of the Special Editions, this photo-packed paperback examines all aspects of the Star Wars galaxy, from the main heroes and villains, to the exotic aliens and world of the classic trilogy. Sporting a brand new cover, this 64-page book is also slated for release in October.

The sentence - offers new insight into the characters and events that weren't possible back in the '70s and '80s suggests to me that there ARE going to be changes in the OT. GL is trying his best to refit the OT to his new PT.

Anyway, it's nice to have three new books with newer perspectives. I don't understand why it's October - it would make sense for them to be out with the DVD.

2. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I dont think it suggests what you think it does.

I think Windham is gonna tie these novels closer to the PT to make the story more complete and closer (eg, ridding stuff like Vader didnt know Yoda, Ben and Owen brothers? etc out of the text and replacing them with the details we've come to learn of).

Its something I wish they'd do with the full novels.

3. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    Hey, these look like kid books.

WTH even bother with kids books?? Do a whole novel revamp.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If they are from Scholastic they will be aimed either at kids or teenagers.

Edit - if you want more discussion on the subject there is a thread here on the Literature board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.