main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classic Trilogy Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RONDC20, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Compa_Mighty

Compa_Mighty Jedi Master

Jul 27, 2001
  2. Thedude3445

Thedude3445 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2010
    Why just a series about OT? I'd love to see a series set during the Jedi Academy years, where Luke and only a couple others have to train the entire next generation of Jedi. Especially if it featured Katarn. If done right, it could both please GL (as the post-sequel trilogy was supposed to potray Luke as the next-generation Obi-Wan, right?), and fit into the relatively empty New Republic era.

3. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    I agree. The OT is a pretty direct time. Sure, things happened between the films but it would be relatively boring to see compared to the times of The Clone Wars. I'd like to see the Republic and Jedi Order being reformed.

4. chreff

chreff Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2010
    I would like an OT based show, but I feel that the CW series actually has a tone and some characters that fit the OT feek even though it takes place between PT films.

I would love a Shadows of the Empire type show (even if only about 10 episodes) and even a post ROTJ show about Luke rebuilding the Jedi order. I stated in another post about the rumored Episodes 7-9 being about Luke being kind of isolated because he's the last Jedi and he would likely only have the ghost of his father to communicate with (aside from R2). He'd travel from planet to planet searching for new padawaans and would likely encounter rogue warriors or mercenaries trying to take advantage of the New Republics vulnerability while it rebuilds and the threat of the Empire is gone.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I would like to see a "Star Wars: The Galactic Civil War" show, with the same design of TCW. Made between Ep. IV and V. After they finish TCW, that is.

6. Compa_Mighty

Compa_Mighty Jedi Master

Jul 27, 2001
    I agree with Alex. I believe what makes an Original Trilogy series at this point is precisely its huge differences with Clone Wars. Almost no Jedi, troops that aren't clones, etc. It would give it anothe feeling entirely.

As for New Republic, and Jedi Academy, or any post-Episode 6 storylines, I believe it's tougher to sell, since that's no man's land, and it comes after Lucas's envisioned end of Star Wars, which comes with Vader's death. I say it's no man's land because EU is quite all over the place, and there's little cohesion. If Lucas has not used even the most famous characters and stories like Thrawn and Bel Iblis to enrich the prequels, it is extremely doubtful, he'd go to this epch for a series.

On the other hand, the Galactic Civil War is his domain, action is limited by film events, and characters are those he created, not those of EU writers. It also makes sense from the viewpoint that is mirrors Clone Wars in that it tells what happens in the war depicted briefly in the movies. If the movies are the story of the Skywalkers, then these series, both Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War, are the stories of the war that served as a backdrop for the Skywalkers' Heros' Journeys.

7. Avian005

Avian005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2009
    There's a article(?) going around that the show Seth Green is making is about events after Return of the Jedi.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEr0QArsBlIYvt

8. Compa_Mighty

Compa_Mighty Jedi Master

Jul 27, 2001
    Well, what do you know? Didn't expect that... of course this series is also a comedy, so it will have a different tone, after all. Thanks for posting that. ;)

9. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    Ugh, this is terrible. I don't care what they do with the series if it's a comedy because chances are it would be a complete farce and a blot on the record of Lucas as well as everyone involved who cares about "Star Wars" at all. I like Green for some of his work, but I'm hating the fact that he is having anything to do with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.