main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends CLEANSING

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBudzy, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBudzy

DarthBudzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2004
    Just to let you know: I've had some complaints elsewhere that this story screws with EU continuity, and that it's as if I had completely forgotten COPL.

To clarify, I write as though the EU were never written. I do not incorporate it into my fanfiction. I use only the movies as my guide. Anything after the movies, I make up with no help from the EU. Call it Alternate Universe if you like. I just call it non-EU fanfiction.

NOTE: I have edited the story's one instance of profainity.

CLEANSING

It had been three months since my last communication with the elders of Gorenthis Prime. The Emperor had been dead nearly a year, and with him the Empire, yet more than a few star systems still clung to their old ways. In a way, the Empire never really died. There was to be a New Republic. Peace. Some semblance of normalcy.

Apparently, fate had other plans.

The Alliance was still strong, yet we needed all the support we could get. Alliance leaders figured the Gorenthans were a perfect choice for Protectorate. An ancient civilization, they had been persecuted by the Empire from the beginning. They were a race of warriors, yet even their might could not hold off squadrons of TIE Fighters and legions of shock troopers. Their people were enslaved. Countless Gorenthans were slaughtered. Their women used for sport, only to be terminated once the fat, balding Admirals tired of forcing themselves on them. The children were forced to partake of bizzare, inhuman operations to adapt their tiny lungs to the atmosphere of Kessel. Most died. They were the lucky ones.

We figured the Gorenthans were our best bet. Few, save for the survivors of Alderaan and the Wookiees had more reason to hate the Empire, to want to strike back at the very heart of the beast. And they would have joined, too, if not for one tiny little problem. Me.

I am Prin--

No, let me rephrase that. SENATOR Leia Organa Solo. Not Princess, I haven't felt like a Princess since the destruction of Alderaan. But that's beside the point.

You see, I am also the daughter of a former Jedi named Anakin Skywalker. More familiarly known throughout the Galaxy as Darth Vader, the Emperor's right-hand man. The man responsible for the atrocities against the Gortenthans and myriad others. And somehow, the Gorenthans knew.

Not only did they knew, they held ME responsible. See, in the Gorenthan culture, sins of the Father are visited not upon the SON, but the Daughter. The female half of the society bears the burden of guilt in such matters. Because the blood of Darth Vader courses through my veins, I guess that MAKES me Vader.

In THEIR eyes,anyway.

"Leia--"

"Han, we've discussed this. I don't want to do this, but I have to. We need their support."

Han glared at me. Were we in any other situation, it might have frightened me, for it was not an expression I was used to seeing on his face. But I knew why it was there.

"Dammit, Leia, WE discussed nothing. You did all the talking. Well, I'm talkin' now, and I say this is bantha *****." He inhaled sharply through his nostrils, foding his arms over his chest. I started a bit at his outburst. Han had many bad habits about him, but profanity was never one of them. Especially directed toward me.
    "There are many other worlds out there. Plenty of 'em. What makes this one so damned special?"

I shook my head. "Nothing, I suppose. Look, Han, I know how you feel. But I don't expect you to understand. My father did terrible things. By all standards, he was an evil man. But at the end of his life, Luke had been able to find that spark of good in him, and bring it into the light. I'll never know how, but he did. And if I can do anything to right some of his wrongs, then maybe, in some way, I can keep that spark alive. I've GOT TO, Han."

Han's eyes softened, and I could see the beginnings of a tear form on his lashes. "For your father, then?," he asked softly, his previous anger pushed aside by sorrow and concern.

"Yes, for my father. Tha

2. DarthBudzy

Jan 25, 2004
    *bump*

Sorry, hated to see this on page 2 then next day :D

3. GeithJiseo

GeithJiseo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2003
    WOW!!! :eek:

Excellent first post, DarthBudzy! I love the the fact that this story is written in first-person, and from Leia's POV. The torture scene was gruesome, but of course, I loved it. ;)

Is this a one-post-only story, or is there more to come? If so, I can't wait. :D

4. DarthBudzy

Jan 25, 2004
    Sorry, Geith. This is a one-shot. I wrote it as a writing exercise at SOTJ.

I had created the Gorenthans, specifically Danzen D'Eltarii, for a round robin at FanFix (you can still find it in the forums, under THE GALACTIC GAMES), and I do have BIG plans for Gorenthis Prime in the future. But this story is complete.

5. GeithJiseo

GeithJiseo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2003
    Darn. :(

Oh well, it's still a great story.

6. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Despite being a fan of all of the EU upto NJO, I must sa that this is good.

7. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Wow that was pretty unique. Very original! I think I was as upset as Han was over this whole thing. lol. Good job!

8. DarthBudzy

Jan 25, 2004
    I know the feeling. With many of my fics, I have to be angry to write them. This was one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.