main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Clearing The Air

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Qui-Dawn, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Alright, enough is indeed enough. With respect to YoungJediNiagara and CrazyMike both, who have been *very* understanding, friendly, tolerant, civil, diplomatic and democratic in *all* of my conversations with them - well, with all due and deserved respect given to them....I feel that I must now say my piece on at least a few matters. I had not wanted it to get to this point, where I felt essentially backed into a corner and felt that I had no choice anymore, except to speak my mine....but now I fear that the situation has indeed reached that very nadir. Therefore, if you will permit me, I will now have my say....as I have, in truth, wanted to for quite some time now. And once again, I do so with all respect and understanding for both YJN and CrazyMike, especially in pertaining to my recent interactions with them. Now, then....

1. Canada does *not* need new RSAs. As I have stated above - *not* "everyone" has such 'horrendous difficulties' and differences of opinion with YJN and CrazyMike. Indeed, my conversations and interactions with them, as I have said and *will* gladly and most seriously reiterate as need be, I have found them to be perfectly civil and even-handed, willing to help and answer any questions and concerns that I might have....they have *always* been very tolerant and *nice*....aye, yes, it *is* indeed so!....very civil and understanding and democratically, diplomatically *nice* they have been....and I am sure that at least part of the reason for that can be traced to something perfectly evident, reasonable and understandable. In other words....if you're going in all confrontational and argumentative, then that is not helping *anything* or anyone. And indeed, much of the conduct I've been seeing on here has been precisely confrontational, deliberately and unfairly goading, and in general *very* uncalled-for.

Let me put it another way. If you're having such screaming differences of opinion with them, or with anyone else, for that matter....if you've been involved in such serious and unwarranted dust-ups of late....then maybe it's about time and then some to consider the fact that being so argumentative and deliberately *seeking* a fight, trying to bait and draw one out....is so absolutely *not* the way to go about rectifying *any* situation! The fact of the matter is, in behaving so....you're only making matters worse. After all, *I* have been perfectly friendly, civil, understanding, genuinely interested and willing to listen, in my conversations with both our English-speaking RSAs (because they seem to be the main ones involved in this particular brouhaha) - and they have treated me in the same fashion in return. Behave nicely to someone and you shall be treated just as nicely....this must be sounding mighty familiar to all of you. As, indeed, it very well *should* be.

2) I must say that I can't help but have noticed the increase in deliberately baiting and attention-seeking, fight-seeking behaviour and postings here of late....and I find that *wholly* and completely unwarranted, undeserved....and it is also *extremely* off-putting, distracting, and in general - I daresay that it also turns many people, who might otherwise be encouraged enough to start posting on our forum and, perhaps, even join up soon enough....well, really, there's just no doubt in my mind that if a newbie, interested party, anyone even remotely looking to join up, has been scanning by this forum of late....they would not only be *totally* discouraged and disenchanted by what has been going on, the general tone of a great many things....but they would also be completely turned off it all, to the point where they would simply steer clear of the forum....and of the Victoria Fanforce group, period.

You see....*this* is the exact effect that all your sniping, backbiting, infighting, baiting, goading, unfair stirring-of-the-pot and suchlike, *will* have on anyone else even just casually looking in on the situation. They would find it *very* off-putting and completely unappealing....and I do not blame them in that regard

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    You are entitled to your opinions, Dawn. I respect them.

I disagree, and all I ask is that you respect my opinions as well.

*Derisa*

3. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    What's going on?

I have just started looking at this site from halfway around the globe and do not like what i see. I would like a short paragraph from each of the concerned persons involved either on this post or private. I detest conflict and would like to help.

Gesh

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    To sum up one side of a difference of opinions:

After some heavy-handed actions from a moderator of the FanForce forums, Rani filed a formal complaint with the backing of *all* of her chapter (at that time, including Dawn). I also filed a formal complaint concerning this moderator, and shortly thereafter, I believe my account was accessed without notice or permission, at the instigation of this moderator.

For six months, Rani has made her position clear, that this person's style of moderation is not acceptable to our chapter. An additional RSA was appointed for Canada, who has done nothing in our forum to address or rectify these problems.

This thread is the first notice we have had that Dawn does not agree with the rest of the chapter as regards the situation. She is entitled to her opinion, and I am entitled to mine, that Rani's 48hr ban (without warning and in breach of the CR Code of Conduct, by which RSAs are also bound), is an injustice and should not be allowed to pass without comment.

I would be happy to PM you the various links that document this case from the start.

Take care, Jason. :)

*Derisa*

5. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    Yes please. Then everyone can see what is going on. I also invite YoungJediNiagra and CrazyMike to voice their links to the offending matter as well.

Gesh

6. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Any questions from the Victoria FanForce Chapter members will be answered off the forum away from public viewing via PM. Feel free to PM CrazyMike or me.

The public mud slinging will stop...now.
    It looks bad for your chapter and will not be tolerated any further.

7. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    and they say the Empire is dead!

TK/TR/TI-0773

8. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    OK everyone. Stop with the jibing and taunting...everyone! I would like all those who feel they have an issue to PM me with who they have the issue with and in one sentence what the issue is. Include links to posts where the situation started and other info you may have. Hopefully by doing this, i can analize all sides and come to a personal conclusion as to what's happening. It is in the best interests of all those primarily involved (Rani, Derisa, YoungJediNiagra and CrazyMike) to do this as an outsider like me might come up with some observations and conclusions that will benifit us all. As far as it stands now, i see ways that this can go and nobody is completly at fault so far. I need more info however. Thank you for your Republic time. Let us not let this New Republic forum die.

Gesh

PS: No remarks that could inflame the situation please, you are either a part of the solution or a problem. In this situation we all need solutions.

9. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Just to let everyone know...

Rani and Derisa, and CrazyMike and I are in the process of working things out.

I'm very happy that both parties are coming into discussions with a positive frame of mind.

We will update you with our progress shortly.

Chris

10. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I just came to this forum.... What's going on???? What can possibly merit this much contempt and backstabbing???? I thought this was meant to be a place to gather together and talk. What's with the politics?

11. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    You are absolutely correct.

Sometimes (myself included) we take things just a little to seriously. FanForce is an added perk to enjoying life, NOT life itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.