[clears throat] Please excuse me for this thread that isn't really lit. related...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Well, I asked for the script of the scene where Obi-Wan overhears Dooku and the separatists talking while walking (not the 'table' scene) over at the AotC forum, but as you can see here I wasn't very successful. :(

So I wondered if my lit friends would be nicer and help me there.

Could you please let this thread open until I get an answer ?? That'd be nice, thanks. :)

Edit: You have your answer, so I'm going to lock this. :)
  2. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay. :)

Yay, what a big help I am.
  3. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Xizor: I can probably type up the novelization scene for you, if you want. :)

4. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    An intresting question about that actually. In the movie Poggle speaks in Basic when he gives the line about making the new droid armies. Why does he speak Geonosian at every other time?
  5. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Valyn : that'd be a good start, yes. :D

And actually, yes, I wondered that too Wedge. But I wasn't sure it was Poggle... I wondered if it wasn't Wat Tambor, but then it didn't make a lot of sense... Especially given the fact that Poggle's supposed to be a recognizable Marton Csokas (Sp?) speaking...
  6. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Salvatore says its Poggle speaking in the novelization. Valyn's offer made me remember that.
  7. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    MJedi posted it at the AOTC board :

From the screenplay included in the Art of Star Wars: Episode II book:

Count Dooku: Now, we must persuade the Commerce Guild and the Corporate Alliance to sign the treaty.

Nute Gunray: What about the Senator from Naboo? Is she dead yet? I'm not signing your treaty until I have her head on my desk.

Count Dooku: I am a man of my word, Viceroy.

Poggle: With these new battle droids we've built for you, Viceroy, you'll have the finest army in the galaxy.

-END-

(In the movie it was the Techno Union representative that said the last line, not Poggle.)

-------

So it seems that Poggle doesn't speak basic at all in the movie after all. :)
  8. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Xizor: So, I don't have to do all that typing now? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.