main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland Banner & Board Design - Your Input

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by RidingMyCarousel, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Heya.
    I was asked by JarJarJedi to work on a banner for y'all folks. So, I messed around with a few ideas for a banner and then put it all into place.

So, without any more of my blabbering, here are two samples of the board scheme I've developed:
    ~ Main Board (Thread Selection)
    ~ Sample Thread
    Now, please keep in mind, the board is from my local FanForce (I changed our scheme around and developed yours). Your board will not have it's named changed to Charlotte, NC ;)

Now, as for your input: Tell me what you think of the banner. It was designed for computers with at most a 1024x768 screen resolution. Anything larger than that, the background image will tile on. I can fix that if need be, but most computers run at an 800x600 screen resolution. And I'd also like your input on the board colours. They take about a minute or two to get used to compared to the bright ones on the rest of the board, but they're easy to get used to.

And finally, if y'all like this scheme, tell your City Rep. Only he/she can have this scheme uploaded. And as a final note: If you want to use this scheme, please tell me and I'll host the images myself so you don't have to purchase webspace. But I'm not hosting them yet, they're just on my test site.

Thanks!

~ James

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Wow, cool, thanks James. I like it, but that's IMHO.

What do you guys think?

3. GenerationX7

GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2002
    All I have to say is, cool.

4. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    So as not to confuse the rest of us and in order to keep everthing in one place. The links for this theme's two test pages are now in the newly edited first post of the Web Planning Post.

Please try and keep feedback confined to that thread so we aren't all like ?[face_plain]

Thanks... :D

-b-

5. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Awesome Carosel :D

Shinjo! :)

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    My personal opinion, I like the banner...but the color scheme for the posts needs some work. I appreciate the effort, but I had to be honest.

If you have any thoughts on the banner B_Mack and Anrev are working together on, especially what color scheme might look good with that, please let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.