main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CLEVELAND FORCE 2003-04 General Discussion:

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I recieved a letter from Pete (the guy who helped us last year) asking if we're interested in going to more CLEVELAND FORCE games. He included a complete home schedule, so we can pick which games we want to go.

CLEVELAND FORCE 2003-2004 Home Schedule:

Sat 11/01/03 vs Milwaukee Wave (home opener)
    Fri 11/21/03 vs Monerrey Fury
    Fri 11/28/03 vs Baltimore Blast
    Sun 12/07/03 vs San Diego Shockers
    Sat 12/27/03 vs Philadelphia Kixx
    Sat 01/03/04 vs Baltimore Blast
    Sun 01/11/04 vs Kansas City Comets
    Fri 01/23/04 vs Milwaukee Wave
    Fri 01/30/04 vs St. Louis Steamers
    Sat 01/31/03 vs Philadelphia Kixx
    Fri 02/06/04 vs Monterrey Fury
    Sun 02/08/04 vs San Diego Sockers
    Sun 02/15/04 vs Dallas Sidekicks
    Sun 02/22/04 vs Baltimore Blast
    Sun 03/14/04 vs Dallas Sidekicks
    Fri 03/19/04 vs Philadelphia Kixx
    Sun 03/21/04 vs Kansas City Comets
    Sun 03/28/04 vs St. Louis Steamers

I've got a complete seating chart, with price breakdown (they still have those $10 seats we had last time). And from talking with this guy...they really like having us come in costume (when possilbe) and lightsabers.

Just something to think about. We've got plenty of time to organize a couple trips to the Convo...and have a good time!

2. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    The later the game for me the more likely I will have my costume! But I do think we should go to at least one of them.

3. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    That should be fun! But my costume is not ready yet. :(

4. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Stupid double post!

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Sounds good... I think it would be cool to go to the home opener again, and to meet possibly a relatively close fanforce from Philly, St. Lou, or Baltimore when we are playing their respective team.

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I think we should make an appearance at the home opener, that will be a big event...and a good opportunity to do some PR/recruiting.

I talked with Darth Clerical at All-Ohio about coming up for a game (Columbus isn't in our league...but they do have MSL soccer) and there are possibilities to look into (pre-game scrimage, participate in the half-time events?). inviting other chapters to come up for a game is always an prospect...and I'll ask around the CR "old folks home" about it as we get closer.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Just for the sake of planning ahead, how many people would be interested in going to this years' home opener?

Sat 11/01/03 vs Milwaukee Wave
    Krash

8. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Sounds like a fun event. Would you want other FanForces there for opening day or would you rather have that to yourselves? Also, the team might already have plenty of opening day activities planned.

Perhaps we could have a North vs. South game if you decide on a scrimmage? Go North! :D

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I'd be interested too.

Krash
    Random

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Would you want other FanForces there for opening day...
    Of course, you guys are more then encouraged to come to Cleveland for something like this. In fact, last year's home opener was a great time...if you have anyone who is into costuming, they really got a kick outta seeing us dressed up as jedi/sith.

"always a pleasure to meet a jedi"

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Krash
    Random
    JJJ

So far I don't have anything planned, count me in! :)

Come on down Tobey! As Krash said, "Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."

12. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Is the home opener a confirmed event for you guys? If so, I'll spread the word among the squad.

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Is the home opener a confirmed event for you guys?
    Well, we've got 3 people (so far)...that sounds like an official event to me! And if more people come down from Northwest/Toledo area...the more the better!

14. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Krash
    Random
    JJJ
    Padawan92

Just as long as I don't work or anything...I guess I can ask off!

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    For those of you who didn't get to go last year, we got some special discounted tickets ($10.00 per person) at about field level...GREAT SEATS! And many of us dressed up in our Star Wars costumes (since the team is called THE FORCE) and we brought lightsabers (that night the promotional giveaway was toy laser swords). It was a good time, and many people (from the team and in the crowd) thought us dressing up was a cool thing!

I'd like to go a couple times this year. With the possibility of getting on the field before/after the game (home opener may be too busy for them to accomodate us this time). i've got a couple ideas...but I'll save those for later.

Krash
    Random
    JJJ
    Padawan92

16. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    According to the schedule the game starts at 7:05pm. Since its after work I can make it although I don't have a costume. :)

I don't think I've ever been to a soccer game before. This should be intersting.

Krash
    Random
    JJJ
    Padawan92
    Malo-ha

EDIT: Stupid faces [face_blush]

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I don't have a costume
    Not necessary...but fun if you have them.

I don't think I've ever been to a soccer game before
    I've been to a couple games (including the JKOC event) you get wrapped up in the action fairly quickly...it's a good time, even if you are not a soccer fan!

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Krash
    Random
    JJJ
    Padawan92
    Malo-ha

I've contacted everyone I know has expressed interest in going...but if anyoe else would like to get in on this, I need to know by Thursday/Friday, so I can reserve seats for us!

19. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    This is addressed particularly to Mary and Cindy...

I know that I am trying to save money for the Matrix Revolutions, some of these conventions we've been talking about, and the holiday season, and due to the costs attached to these happenings, I think I am going to refrain from attending the Force game.

Geoff told me that he and Emily were also thinking that they'd like to save up for Mid-Ohio Con, so they still aren't as adamant about going as they were before.

So if you would still like to go, by all means feel free to, but it doesn't like the rest of us are going to commit to that date.

20. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    My main reason for going was to hang out with you guys. I don't have a problem if people want to save their money for things we are doing later in the year. I finance most of my fan activities with my second job, so more activites = more hours I have to work.

I'm visiting my brother in Shrewsbury, Mass right now (yes, I know, just 1 hr from Boston, I'm sorry) and when I stopped in the local Target, you will never guess what I found, the Aayla Secura action figure! Needless to say I now own said figure. :)

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    We can still go to CLEVELAND FORCE games (probably after the holidays)...but with so many things we want to do, the home opener may be a bit much.

22. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    So I take it we aren't going to the Home Opener....great I already asked for the day off!!!

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    BMack suggested us all going to a game, while swchick14 is home over Christmas break. I asked him to move the discussion here, just because we already have a thread for CLEVELAND FORCE games.

BMACK wrote:
    Sat 01/03/04 vs Baltimore Blast
    Sun 01/11/04 vs Kansas City Comets

As soon as Rosie lets us know if these are all in her break, we can start figuring out when we can go.

I am interested in going to any one of those days...Rosie, tell us which one fits your schedule best and we can get a group together!

24. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Rosie already said in the other thread that the 1/23 date vs the Wave probably wouldn't work.

ROSIE WROTE:
    The last one might not work (I haven't decided when I'm going back yet), but I know for sure that the first two dates are fine.

EDIT: Should we just find out from everyone else what the best date for that is? Or just throw one there and tell pople who are interested to clear it?

-b-

25. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    January? I'm not thinking that far ahead yet. [face_laugh]

Should we just find out from everyone else what the best date for that is? Or just throw one there and tell pople who are interested to clear it?

Yes. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.