Cleveland Force game

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been in touch with the Cleveland Force, here's what they've told me- if we can get 20 people we qualify for a group rate ($2 off per ticket), lightsabers and costumes are always welcome, and their home opener is Saturday October 12.

Questions, comments? Dave, the person I spoke to, seemed genuinely interested in having us attend. He also mentioned there are going to be give-aways at the home opener. You can go to their website here:

Cleveland Force.

This has ticket prices and seating info.
  2. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Sent them an email from us:

"The Jedi Knights Of Cleveland would like to express our gratitude to you for changing the name back to The Force.

May The Force Be With You,
    The Jedi Knights Of Cleveland"

I put Jedi Knight Pas-Jo Dacle as the sender name.

*I am such a geek*
  3. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    It says on their main page they can sponsor sites... I'm too lazy to read into it any further, but, once we get everything nailed down, why don't we see if we can get them to link to us if it will cost us minimal to nothing?
  4. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yeah, and I'd be down with going to a game too if it doesn't conflict with any of my other personal matters.
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Like I said earlier...count me in for the home opener! Lightsabers...signs...this could be a great chance to get some attention to us...and support one of our local teams!

We play our cards right, we could even get on TV...that would bring some exposure to our Fanforce!

I'm in...and I can probably get a couple people interested in coming with us.
  6. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    But what if 20 people can't go. Do we have enough people?
  7. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    We've actually got 19 regular members of the Fanforce (D Zod and I have been working on a list) Even with a few MIAs, if we bring a couple friends to the game...we might be able to get up to 20 people.

Even without the group rate...I like the idea of those $10 floor-level seats. We're bound to get in the background of any pictures taken. And if I'm sure the team would like to use a bunch a jedi for promotional stuff.

((anyone remember the poster for when the Cleveland Lumberjacks first came to town...see if you recognize anyone)) Let's just say I have experience with this.

Krash ((girlfriend and some friends..maybe))
    Padawan92?
  8. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    A lousy $2 off for bringing a group of 20 or more. Even if we don't have 20, we can probably find coupons for $2 off admission.
  9. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    What they'll probably do (they've done this at Lumberjacks games) is have the JKOC name on the big screen during the half-time.

"The Gund Arena (or wherever it's held now) welcomes the Jedi Knights of Cleveland!"
  10. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be tight. I think you're right about that Grn.
  11. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Still the 19 regular people would have to come plus a extra. But that is ALL OF US. I don't think we have ever done that.
  12. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm hip, we hitting the opener?

-b-
  13. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't think that I can go. Band Competition in Copley. :( And I can't abandon the clarinets.
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    "The Gund Arena (or wherever it's held now) welcomes the Jedi Knights of Cleveland!"

Actually, it held at the Cleveland Convocation Center (CSU arena) just down the street from Gund.

But that's the general reason why I think those of us not busy with "Rite of Passage" filming should go to the game in a large group. They'd love having a local group show up in SW costume waving lightsabers...getting excited about the team. And we might score some cheap exposure for our Fanforce!

BMack, you think you can round up Kell/Larry/Andy?
  15. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Krash- I see you posted about the game in C-bus... I took the liberty of inviting our Detroit friends.
  16. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    possibility to round up my troops...
    need a date though...

-b-
  17. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    October 12th (Saturday) or check the link on Don's 1st post for more information.
  18. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can go on the 12th. No Band. Hahahahaha!!!
  19. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Jedi Knights of Cleveland/Cleveland Force soccer game list

Krash - with girlfriend and at least 4 friends
    Padawan92
  20. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Before I sign this and say how many people are coming... are we (the JKOC members) and they (our friends) committing to coming, or is this all tentative?
  21. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Doubt I can go because of filming for Rite of Passage that day...
  22. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The reason I started the list, including friends, is to see how many people we can get together for this. Even if we don't reach 20...I want to make an apperance at the game. So, if you're in... please sign up. That way, Don/I can contact the team and get us either the group rate or just group seats! Like anything else with our fanforce, this isn't mandatory...but if you add to the list, I'm taking it that you are wanting to go.

I know everyone who is working on "Rite of Passage" is going to be busy. And I'll assume you guys can't make it. Depending on when you guys end for the day, you might be able to make it. Then there is always weather conditions. So don't write this off just yet!
  23. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't commet us to anything, I didn't give out ur contact information or anything, that's why I wanted ur #, so I could contact u personally and hand this over to you for you to take care of, I have the guys #. Contact me via email and give me ur # so I can talk to you over the phone about what all is going on. And btw, I don't have ur #.
  24. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just from experience - once the sun goes down, your filming for that day is over. Unless Anrev has something planned (party, bbq, watching the film from that day, etc), you guys should be able to make the game.

EDIT - It would be fun to make it to the game in costume, but I really can't commit myself or anyone else from TBX to the event.
  25. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The game doesn't start unitl 7:05pm...so you guys working on RoP could make it up to downtown if you're finished shooting. Just an idea.

Like most things about this Fanforce, this isn't a mandatory event...I'm planning on going to the game regardless of how many people want to go. I'm just trying to get as many of us (as possible) to go as a group. If we have 20 people and get the group rate...fine...if not...fine.

If I was defensive in the last post, it's because I've been asked by a couple people for the same information; with some very vague explainations of what's going on. Jon, please pass along the message I just sent you to "mamma-mullet" and I'd looking forward to hearing from her.

GrnJalera, is it you guys are busy, or just don't feel comfortable making the "commitment" to a event that hasn't been officially started yet. I know you can't speak for everyone from TBX, but if you guys would like to go to the game...you're welcome to go with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.