Cleveland Force game

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry for the confusion Krash... I was online on Friday when I saw Jon's screenname sign on. Thinking this to be odd considering he is in California, I IMed it inquiring how he was doing. It turns out it was "Mama Mullet," and she told me that they had set up some promotional thing with the Force. I was confused as if it was she who was doing it, or if it was Jon, or if she was taking calls for Jon since he's no longer there. It turns out Jon set this up for us and didn't bother to tell anyone. It turns out Jon wanted to get us some promotion, and he happened to get in touch with the Force's PR Rep. I won't go into specifics, because none of them are certain, but I think this Force rep wants to get a feel for our group, and once he sees how large we are, what kind of a presence we have, etc., he will try to work in conjunction with us to promote our group and vice versa. So your private info is in good hands Geoff. It was just a problem in the line of communication, but now Mama Mullet has given me the Rep's contact number, which I have PMed you, in the event that Jon can't get to it, so that way we are double checked. And I don't know that Jon had your number to contact you with the information, so that's why Mama Mullet asked me to get it so she could give to him. So I hope that clarifies everything. I think I need to put my fingers in a bacta tank to heal them from all this typing... :p
  2. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, I didn't set up anything behind ur backs, this PR rep is responding to the email I sent a week or so ago conradulating them on the name change. He wants to have the JKOC at the Opener, I didn't set up anything. I talked to Krash, and gave him the guys #.

owww....hand me the bacta when ur done, eric.
  3. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    i hope we can get the tshirts done in time for those of us who can't make it in costume due to lack of, well... costume.

-b-
  4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Well with the game being 7:05 pm I MIGHT be able to make it, but can't promise anything...it's a real pain in the arse driving from North Chagrin Res. back to my house, it's well over an hour...although filming shouldn't take that long. And also I'll go in my jedi-turned-sith costume from RoP lol (it'll be all I have in terms of costumes...sorry but I'm not that high up on the level of Star Wars geekiness yet to own a costume right now, so that's all I can wear.) I'll see if I can get a couple of friends to come too.
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    i hope we can get the tshirts done in time
    I wouldn't hold your breath on this Brian, we haven't even decided on who we're going with...or collected any money yet. But there still is some time...so who knows.

I'll contact this guy from the team, while Don's on vacation, and see what's going on.
    Thanks Random and Mullet, what you told me about this offer sounds interesting...good work!

EDIT: If you're in...copy that list I started and add your screenname to it (along with # of friends that want to come) these guys might want an estimate of how many people we're bringing.
  6. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Grn's correct about the light and filming. We will be done around 5ish I think. We might just have to caravan sown there.
  7. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    You really think we will be able to get the t-shirts done by oct. 12? Hahaha!! Buy a halloween costume. They aren't that bad.
  8. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually yes, i do think we could get the tshirts done by the 12th.

The guy we went with in Kent was very fast. He had 50 single-color, two-sided shirts to us in less than four days. I've got his name and I'll be calling him today or tomorrow.

I'm hoping his pricing isn't horrible. If we do single color then I believe we can mix and match shirt/screen colors for no charge, but don't quote me on that.

Consider me on the phone...

-b-
  9. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I still think we should be allowed to have the option of one of four saber color shirts with the logo: green, blue, purple, and red. That way, people can kind of have a story behind their shirt. I can say I would have a green blade if I were a Jedi, thus my green shirt, whereas someone else might say, I really like Mace Windu, so I got the purple shirt. And you Sith tendencies people can be appeased with the red option. It makes it personal and fun. Come on people... you will join me or die! j/k. But I know B thought it was a good idea and he kind of sound interested in it. I still would like him to post the logo in the 4 colors like he showed me... I think they'd look cool on the four respective shirt colors (i.e. the purple rebel insignia would go on the purple shirt, etc, etc).
  10. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    oh yeah! here....
    These are two color... black on white/ash whatever (or vise versa) with one accent color.

red
    blue
    green
    purple (please disregard the text problem. The file turns on all the layer when it opens.

then nifty little phrases on the back...

-b-

PS: why isn't this stuff in the tshirt thread? way to go random... we've crossed threads... *sigh*
  11. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    see above ^^^ you crossed threads... not me!
  12. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    <lying>did not...</lying>

-b-
  13. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    [random=laughing]you weirdo alien[/lmao]

This thread is deteriorating quicker than Jango's DNA...
  14. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    [picking my nose]What?[eating it]

ok...collecting "ewwwwwww" ON THE COUNT OF 3...
  15. CalaisKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it too late to get in on this?

CK
  16. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    on the nose picking? or the game? (sorry, somebody had to say it...)

I don't think we've totally finalized anything for the game yet but we should soon. Krash is the man with the plan...

-b-
  17. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I still think we should go slower with things. People are putting to much at the same time. it's not like the t-shirts will kill us. Besides if we wait longer we can see about all the different ones we want to do. do we even have a final one we want?
  18. CalaisKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Why... the nose picking of course :p :D
  19. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Brian, what's your guy have to say about an estimate on this? And can you break it down like I did for Cindy's CSI guy? You're down there to talk with him...so you have to tell us what he CAN and CANNOT do. CSI's offer is the only one we have ANY information on...so can this guy do better?

"Is it too late to get in on this?"
    No, it not too late to get in on any of this CalaisKenobi. In fact, we haven't really gotten anywhere on either the shirts or soccer game (private message me if you want to join us for the game)

If you guys are going to be caravaning after shooting up to the game (I hope you will) I need to know how many people are coming. I'm calling the guy from the team. And will coordinate with Don (when he gets back)
  20. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm all for going after shooting if Anrev and the others are.
  21. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Update...So far I have one friend coming, if he doesn't chicken out...BTW how much will a ticket cost with a group discount?
  22. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I talked with the guy (refered to me by Jon and Eric) from the team; here's what's going on:

I reserved a block of 20 tickets ($14) in the upper bowl section. He knows that we are meeting the weekend of the 29th, and I'm supposed to call him back the following Monday...to confirm how many of those we'll need (if not more) If/when we fill all 20 tickets, he can give us $2 off each ticket...making them $12 per ticket.

At the next meeting (September 29th) I'll be collecting money for anyone who wants to go. If you can't make it to the meeting...but want to go...contact me via private message and we'll arrange something.

FYI: Lightsabers/costumes/signs are all encouraged...he checked with security, and it's no problem!

So far I've got 7 people coming with me Brian said he's possible got a group coming...so if your in, copy this list and I'll start keeping track of who's coming:

Jedi Knights of Cleveland/Cleveland Force soccer game list
    Krash - with girlfriend and at least 4 friends
    Padawan92

23. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Padawan92
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_ (with 1 friend if he doesn't bail out)
  24. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4

Padawan92
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_ (with 1 friend if he doesn't bail out)
    Jedi_BMack plus maybe 2 friends (ex-roommate has duty weekend, but he's trying to change it.)

-b-
  25. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I should be able to attend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.