main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland Icon Now Available

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Check out the new icon for the "Jedi Knights of Cleveland!" Everybody thank Anrev_the_Jedi for putting it together.

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Coolio!

Thanks Anrev! :)

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The avatar looks great, I guess I was absent the day we voted on this.

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Good job...wait...that looks like the rip off of mine!

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Krash neglected to mention that PasJoDacle made the orgional and that I just tweeked it. I changed the color of the sabers and location of the lettering. Either way I like it.

6. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Pretty soon we are all going to have the same icon! ;) [face_laugh]

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    "The day we stop believing in democracy is the day we lose it." ~Queen Jamilla

Yeah, Don's right... when did we vote on this? I am keeping my avatar, or changing it to something else in protest!

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    So I changed my avatar to myself looking really p!55ed off. This party's over!

9. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Nothing against Anrev, but I too would like to know when this was decided.

10. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Shouldn't this have been voted on? I mean we all are part of this; I'm keeping my own avatar because I don't follow the leader like all the other sheep around here who don't ask questions or decide on a vote. Unless we have this voted on, I ain't touchin' that avatar.

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    "Pretty soon we're all going to have the same icon."

No, we won't. Nothing against Anrev and the cool avatar he made but, the day something like this becomes mandatory is the day I quit FanForce Cleveland.

12. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    All I meant by it was that Mullet, Anrev, Krash, and I chnaged our icons.

That was all that I meant.

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I know, I was just saying if something like this became mandatory, which I highly doubt, I would quit. I have no plans to do so, and probably should have said so. I just don't want this group to become anything other than voluntary. If you don't want to use Anrev's avatar you don't have to. Hell, I like it and I'm not using it.

14. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    None of the other FF is mandatory... I have no idea why you would think that Don...

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Unless I'm mistaken, we talked about this at meeting #2! Granted, there were alot of conversations going on, but I'm certain this was discussed at that meeting. We looked at the PasJoDacle version of it, and Anrev volunteered to condense it into something that would fit on an icon sized image.

And I do apologize for neglecting to mention PasJoDacle's contribution to this icon...he came up with the larger image (with more lightsabers) that Anrev scaled down to fit into an icon. I would have pointed this out, except I figured it was well-know...since we discussed this at meeting #2.

"I don't follow the leader like all the other sheep around here who don't ask questions or decide on a vote."

Get this straight...THIS IS NOT A MANDATORY ICON! Just something we talked about at a meeting, that a number of people took the initative on getting started. You want to put this up for discussion...fine we can do that (again).

The following is taken from Random's post on the topic discussing icons (in particular...the one in question):

"I think Anrev's looks sweet, except for those little starry things on the tips of the sabers. If we could get the blades to look normal at the very tip, it would totally rock. The varied colored sabers are a nice look."

If the question is why no vote, that was because nobody objected to this at meeting #2 (no opposition...no need for a vote?) If anyone had reservations, please say something beforehand!

16. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    I was at the #2 meeting, and this was not discussed. Yes, there were a lot of talks going on, but something that is this important should have been brought up to everyone.
    I made 3 icons, Douz made one, others made icons. I just find it unfair that a post like "Speak now of forever hold your peace" was not brought up.

17. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    I do believe I remeber this being disscused briefly, but we never really took an official vote. Remember, at meeting 2 the tables were arranged rather poorly, kind of long and drawn out, so its not supprising not everyone heard the conversation.

Specifically, we decided against the rock hall-ish designs so as not to worry about violating copyrights. That left us at that time only with Pas's original and Anrev's offer to do a redo of proper size. I think the debate ended there, as no one had any other suggestions.

Hopefully that refreshes everyone's mind and ends this pointless debate.

18. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    ACTUALLY! We first braoght up the idea at meeting #1 for a symble. Meeting #2 we short of discussed it, I remember. Thank you Anrev_the_Jedi gfor clearing up the authorship and such of teh symbles.

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Just ignore my rantings, they were spillover emotions from me being angry at somebody on a different website. I'm sorry if I upset anybody with them, they were not directed at anyboby here.

I'm much better now. *evil laughter* :D

20. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Grn I think it was discussed after you and Douz left. We discussed this one as being the icon, not the club logo.

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    There was obviously a miscommunication problem here. I was at meeting #2, and I heard NOTHING about an icon being mentioned there (and I was there the whole time). I know Jon, Anrev, Grn, Douz, and DonC had our own little talk going while Krash, Padawan, JJJ and others were having a separate one. So this was the first I heard of it. Krash's quotation of me was (unintentionally) misused. I thought we were using PJD's design as a logo for a website or our official logo, not our icon, so that's what my comment was referring to. But I mean it's not a big deal. I like the icon, I'm just using a different one cuz I don't want to see everyone using it so that posts stand out. Whatever floats your boat i guess.

22. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    What's the big fuss? We have been discussing this since the group was formed. Everyone loved Anrev's edition of the logo when he first posted it. What other reason would we have for creating it? I like it!

23. GrnJalera

Feb 3, 2001
    DarthZod - "Everyone loved Anrev's edition of the logo when he first posted it"

Don't assume that. I personally liked my designs much better. But I am biased.

24. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I thought we had agreed to use the one we have. At the meeting I remember very well talking about it and even editing it a little.

"The day we stop believing in democracy is the day we lose it." ~Queen Jamilla
    Well then I think it is dead.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "Well then I think it is dead."

Padawan, "Be mindful of your thoughts, they betray you." democracy is a very important part of this Fanforce. I know you well enough to think you were being sacastic...but if I didn't I would be concerned by that statement.

But I do think we need to determine how things will be decided in the future (vote online or in-person) because there are advantages for both. However, let's stay with this issue for the moment.

I know we've been talking about creating an icon for when we became an "official" Fanforce. And that we wanted to eventually create a website/webpage using other images. From what I can recall from meetings 1 and 2 (please correct me if I'm msitaken)

* the lightsaber icon was thought to be simple enough to be converted (small) into an icon for Jedi Council Forums

* Grn and Douz (and any other work shown) was going to be utilized in a future Cleveland website/webpage

"Krash's quotation of me was (unintentionally) misused"
    Sorry if I misquoted you, I used that portion because it confused me about why you seemed so opposed to it.

I'm glad many people have taken on the Fanforce Icon...it's a credit to the work of PJD and Anrev. There is no obligation to use it; however I'm very proud of their work and plan to add my "City Rep" under our icon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.