main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland Indians 2004 - GO TRIBE!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It just occured to me, we've never had a place where we can discuss, cheer, scream, and complain about of beloved CLEVELAND INDIANS!!!

This past weekend was GREAT, they swept a 3 game series agains the Cincinnati Reds! All 3 games were come from behind wins, there was plenty of home runs, the bullpen didn't self-destruct, and Griffey didn't hit #500 in our yard!

And today...they blasted Baltimore 14-0!!! :eek: J. Westbrook pitched a complete game!

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I saw that they won 14-0 today on Yahoo. I couldn't believe my eyes... is this our Tribe? :confused:

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    fun team to watch, they don't give up and do nothing but play hard... :D good times cats and kittens... :p

-b-

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Can we play The Reds every weekend? :D

Indians 15
    Reds 2

"I'm cookoo for Coco Crisp!"
    3 run homer in the 4th, 4 RBIs...and still found time to get ejected from the game!

V.Martinez homered to right, scored 2

Kazuhito Tadano 7 innings...10 strikeouts!

5. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    :_| That was a HORRID game! The Reds were terrible. I am glad that wasn't the game we bought tickets to see. So far Cleveland is 39-39 and the Reds are 42-37 so we are doing better- but only by a small margin.
    We are going as a fanforce to see the game on Sunday. I sure hope the reds play better! :)

6. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    i wouldn't say the reds played horribly... it's not like they were throwing the ball all over the field... no errors...

problem is, the Tribe actually hit left-handed pitching... with a vengeance i might add... and Kaz Tadano pitched his head off...

cincy's doing better? better?!? how is Cincy doing better?!?!? they're 5 games back tied for 3rd place in a stronger division!! They're looking up at the Cubs (3 games) and the Cardinals (5 games), tied with the Brewers, and their 1B just went down with a strained calf!! meanwhile, the Tribe is in third all by it's lonesome in the AL Central. 4 games back of the White Sox and could possibly overtake the Twins for 2nd place.

ok, sure the Reds are 5 games over .500 at 42-37 and the Tribe is only playing .500 at 39-39. but let's look at what they've done over the season:

April: Reds: 12-10 Indians: 9-13. advantage Reds

May: Reds: 18-11 Indians: 13-13. advantage Reds

Last 10 games: Reds: 4-6 Indians: 5-5. advantage Indians

Last 20 games: Reds: 8-12 Indians: 12-8. advantage Indians

Last 30 games: Reds: 13-17 Indians: 17-13. advantage Indians

Long story short (i know, too late): The Reds started off killing the NL Central, then fell off the table. don't get me wrong... i like the Reds, they're may third fave team. but they're dropping off in the NL Central. meanwhile, the Tribe has been slowly getting better all sesaon, and they've somehow climbed into the divisional hunt. it's a marathon, not a sprint, and all ya gotta do is make the playoffs. right now, the Tribe has a better chance of doing that than the Reds.

i just wanna know how exactly the Reds are doing better.

-b-

7. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Who? Whats this thread for?

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I completely forgot that one of our hometown boys was playing for the Indians now. Here's a shoutout to "Framingham" Lou Merloni from the folks back home!

Also... congrats on beating the Rangers last night =D=.

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Who? Whats this thread for?
    It just occured to me, that we've never had a thread where we can cheer, cry, complian about our local sports teams.

The win against Texas was nice, even though it's been a few years since the "John Hart firesale" it's nice to stick it to the old boss!

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    THANK YOU OMAR VISQUEZ AND THE INDIANS!!!!!

Here's to hoping for another great performance tomorrow night [face_praying].

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    22 - :eek: (zero)

((races to turn on SportsCenter))
    Wait a second...ESPN will never give the Indians credit for anything! Somewhere, between here and Athens...Bob Costas is having chest pains right now ;) (good!)

And I thought I couldn't stand the fact that the Republican national convention was going on...lay it on them boys! :D

12. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Who would've thought I could be such a happy Tribe and Sox fan in one night. :D

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Thought your boys were gonna pull it off there last night :oops:. Tonight ought to be better. El Duque was the best they've got right now so I'm guessing tonights game ought to have a different outcome.

14. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    it's not gonna be new york's year this year... it's not gonna be boston's year either mind you... but at least the yankees might make it to the playoffs... ;)

but they won't win it... trivia time!!!

the last team that hosted the republican national convention and went to the world series was the 1932 Chicago Cubs...

the last team that won it in those circumstances? the 1908 Chicago Cubs...

new york is battling history... and i don't think they'll pull it off...

boston? well, boston just sucks... :p

-b-

15. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    That's not very nice. :p The last time you started spewing anti-Boston stuff you were invited to our sports threads for friendly debate, an offer you have yet to take advantage of. The fans over there are not the stereotypical fans you probably have in mind. :)

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    The fans over there are not the stereotypical fans you probably have in mind

I'll drink to that ;).

Just remember that on the morning of October 4th when the Tribe is watching the playoffs instead of playing in them [face_devil].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.