main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland Indians

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by shinjo_jedi, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Well, since everyone is from Cleveland on this Board, or at least around it I was wondering if anyone is a Fan of the Baseball Team, the Cleveland Indians ?[face_plain]

Shinjo! :)

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
  3. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
  4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Don't you mean the Boltamore Ravens?

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'm not familiar with this term 'base-ball.' Wait, isn't that what they play when it isn't football season? :confused:

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Before they began to "rebuild" yeah I was. If it didn't upset hockey that is. :D

7. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Yes, they are "rebuilding" their team.

In other words, taking everyone good off for Farm Team Players :p

Wow, only one person ;)

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I used to be a big fan before/during most of high school, before I was traumatized by bad experiences playing football, thus causing me to really hate sports due to all of the politics that go along with it. Yeah, I'll still go to games and stuff if someone offers me free tickets, but I'm not a die-hard fan like I used to be, watching all the games.

9. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    The Cleveland who? You mean we have a baseball team? Hold on let me turn on the tv...oh those clowns! Heck, I could play better blindfolded...

10. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Come on they are not that bad. They could be a lot worst.

11. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Heck I'd rather root for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays...and they're like the worst team, period. Of course I'm from Florida so they still hold a place in my heart lol.

12. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Actually, their not bad ;) I checked in the Newspaper today, and they are #3 in their Division, out of 5. This isn't entirely bad :) Darn Yankee's are number one out of anyone though [face_plain]

13. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I just have to cheer for the home team good or bad (Unless it is the Browns or Cavs.)

14. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Typical Clevelanders. Yeah you're a true fan when they are in the playoffs or kicking ass. Yet when they're doing very badly , do you go back to being another Johnny Carson. Oh wait a minute thats right none of ya are Real Clevelanders..... Sorry it burns me, because I grew up cheering for the Indians when they were nothing. Please tell me where the real fans are? Stick to talking about SW Please.

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I used to be a true Indians fan, even when they sucked, as a kid. Now I just don't follow them cuz I don't like sports that much anymore, and I don't really follow anyone that much in any sport.

16. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I still cheer for my hometown teams (all of them)...even the Steelers! (long story) I just have lost my enthusiasum for the Indians as a result of this upcoming strike. I was willing to stand by my Tribe, even with this "rebuilding phase."

Baseball (and all major sports) has gotten so out of proportion with the rest of us, that I have no sympathy for millionares arguing over the bilions of $ we fans generate for them.

17. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    "Oh wait a minute thats right none of ya are Real Clevelanders....."

I was born and raised in Cleveland. As are most people here. I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Part of Cleveland tradition IS to root for them when they are winning and forget about them win they lose. A TRUE Clevelander would know that. ;)

"Stick to talking about SW Please. "

This particular forum talks about anything and everything. SW or not. Check some of the older threads. If you don't like it you don't have to stay. :)

18. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Hey hey hey, I'm a REAL Clevelander too! Born and raised in University Heights, Cleveland, Ohio.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Actually, these Fanforce forums are for SW fans to get together with other fans in their area. So talking about the Indians, and any of the local sports teams is perfectly allowed on the city forums. If it upsets you so much, my best advice is to stay out of the thread.

Yes we're all SW fans, but there is more to life then SW.

20. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Hey isnt this thread here about Cleveland Indian? So far all I've heard is how bad there are now! My point is that most fans of the Indians arent real fans. I can be assured that many of you agree with that. So dont make this thread a Indians bashing forum. I know that they arent doing good, but I will still watch and root for them. If you dont like the Indians or even baseball then Please dont make a point of it here. I hope that clears up. Sorry to sound negative at first. Go Tribe!!!!

21. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I like the Tribe as long as they keep PLAYING. If they go on strike I don't know what I'm going to do. Remember last time they went on strike. We were good!

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    "Yes we're all SW fans, but there is more to life then SW."

Come back from the Dark Side Krash! What are you talking about?!

23. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    There is more to life then Star Wars Random. Trust me.

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "If you dont like the Indians or even baseball then Please dont make a point of it here"

That's kind of unreasonable to ask of everyone. shinjo asked a question, you can't expect EVERY answer to be a positive! Considering the original question was:

"I was wondering if anyone is a Fan of the Baseball Team, the Cleveland Indians"

Alot of people, not just in Cleveland, have lost their love of their baseball teams because of the threat of another labor strike. I for one, am a fan of my team "Cleveland Indians." But recent events are spoiling my love of the game...not the team.

25. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Yes, I am an Indians fan, ever since watching my first post, er... game at municipal stadium.

Here's the thing though: I play the game, I watch the game, I study the game, I understand the game, I love the game. Almost the same can be said of the Indians. Yes, there are times where I just can't watch (especially this year) and there are times where I can't get enough.

The problem is, I've been watching this downward spiral called the Indians for the past 3-5 years. We've all watched good young players get traded for borderline veterans, and no high-power free agents sign here. So instead of living or dying by this team, I've started to root for "good baseball" and "good ballplayers."

E.G.: Omar Vizquel: good ballplayer, superstar shortstop, possible Hall-of-Famer. I love this guy. Plays hard and holds himself to a standard above the rest. If ever a starting shortstop (150 games played) could go errorless for a season, this is the guy. I root for Omar.

John MacDonald: can a young guy's glove get any better??? phenomenal potential in the field. Bat has shown some upside. I root for Johnny Mac.

The Newbie!: CoCo Crisp!! I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF THIS KID! Speed, glove, contact hitting. Next Kenny Lofton? maybe... but we're counting chickens. I root for CoCo.

Guys like these make the game fun to watch. Catalysts in the field, on the basepaths and with the bat. These guys can start0 to epitomize what the game means to me. Come to the park. Play hard. Do everything as best you can.

Yeah I like to see the Tribe play well. I hope they do, they're my home team. Do I show more support when in they're in a playoof race, absolutely. Everyone does, even the hardest-core, oldest-school fan. I don't watch every game right now, I'd rather watch a Braves or Yankees game. Better chance to see the sport played at it's highest level. But when the Indians get back up to that upper echelon, darn right I'll be there.

In short, I don't root for teams. I root for the game. And if the Indians play the game the best. I'll root for them the hardest. Go NL West Leaders!!! go AL West Leaders!!! Yu're making this season FUN!

-b-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.