main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland Indians

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by shinjo_jedi, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd have to add Travis Fryman to B's list... now there's a dude who's bailed us out of many a jam. (See, I don't watch the games or anything, but I will hear that we won on the news or something and hear who saved us during that game. Generally Fryman ends up being that dude.)

2. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    That's a good point Random. T-Fry is definitely another guy to respect. He play the game the way it's supposed to be played. Unfortunately his body has started to give out on him and he may, in fact, retire after this season.

That's very depressing to me, because I think he's got three or four years left, but he won't play if he can't play up to his own standards which are incredibly high.

If you do retire, Trav, I am just one of many who will miss watching you play. :(

-b-

3. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Yes, I really like Fryman.

My favorite player on the team, and I think one of the most under-estimated players is Omar Visquel (sp?),

Shinjo! :)

4. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I like the Indians, but that's not the reason that I'm posting this. Have any of you noticed that Jim Thome almost always plays the Main Theme when he goes to bat? Is he some sort of closet Star Wars fan, or what? If he is, maybe we can get him to join JKOC. WOuld that be cool or what?

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It possible, you never know...I have a friend who could check the media guide (if he's a SW fan, he'll probably have it listed as "favorite movie")

I'm always a fan of the underdog, especially when it's young guys who finally get a chance to prove themselves in the major leagues. So I'm actually pulling for some of these new guys to kick a little a$$ while they can.

6. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    two word Krash...

JOSH BARD

How about game-winning homer in his first major league game. Then in his second game, goes yard in his first at bat against a pitcher who owns the Tribe (someone forgot to tell JB). Makes two great defensive contributions in that game, throw out and great blocking of the plate. Called a heck of a game for Baez (no-hit through 5-2/3). And then today gets a single. He has started his big league career with a three game hitting streak!

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!

-b-

7. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Yes, Josh Bard is really good :D I have only seen him play a couple of times though.

And yes, if Thome was a Star Wars Fan, I wish he would join the JC :)

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I love the Indians too, and like most fans, I don't pay attention to them too much anymore, since they have gotten a little bad. (They NEVER should have traded Sandy Alomar! Or Robbie either) I don't watch the games too often anymore, because they lose a lot, and I don't like to see them lose. I'm glad that they have kept Jim Thome, or else I maybe would have became a White Sox fan when they traded Sandy. :p

My first (ML) Baseball game was this year, and even though that they did lose, I still had fun.

I like baseball much better than football (curse those many high school games!) anyday. But if NASCAR and an Indians game is on at the same time, I watch the race. :D

9. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Roberto Alomar, Bartolo Colon and Kenny Lofton did it for me...

!Shinjo :)

10. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Dare I ask, did what?

11. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ PJD! [face_laugh]

Shinjo, if it was Robbie, Bartolo and Kenny, you definitely need to watch their three replacemnts. John MacDonald, C.C. Sabathia and CoCo Crisp/Milton Bradley.

They're young and just gonna be fun to watch.

-b-

12. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Yes, I like their replacements.

But they'll never match up to the old ones :p

!Shinjo :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.